ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
Nandhini Narayanan
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:37 pm
Mood:

Spouse Visa Extension UK

Post by Nandhini Narayanan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:44 pm

Dear Members,

I will really appreciate if you could help me with FLM(M) Spouse visa extension. We have to submit the application coming DEC and have few queries about this.

We got married on DEC 2016 and the first FLR (M) was granted on 19/04/2017 and current visa is expiring on 21/01/2020. I am now in the process of arranging the documents for my Spouse visa extension application.

Address Proof:
We(Me and My spouse) live together with our inlaws in east london(the property belongs to my Father in law). So what all are the possible address proofs which i can submit?
Except( bank statement, license)

Financial proofs:
I work in two different places. One is more than 6 months and other one is less that 6 months. So how can i calculate my total wages, and also how many months payslips,P60, and bank statement should i submit?

English language:
I have done my NARIC UK very recently. Is that enough for applying extension?

Thanks in advance,
Nandhini

geoeng
Senior Member
Posts: 953
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:54 am
Canada

Spouse Visa Extension UK

Post by geoeng » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:10 pm

Nandhini Narayanan wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:44 pm
Address Proof:
We(Me and My spouse) live together with our inlaws in east london(the property belongs to my Father in law). So what all are the possible address proofs which i can submit?
Except( bank statement, license)
You will have to provide 6 pieces of correspondence addressed to you jointly or you can replace any piece of joint correspondence with two pieces of individual correspondence (one addressed to each of you), so if you replaced all of them with individual correspdence you would have to provide 12 pieces total. Essentially any official correspondence can be used such as council tax, bank statements, utility bills, letters from GP/NHS, TV licence, DVLA or other government departments, etc.
Nandhini Narayanan wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:44 pm
Financial proofs:
I work in two different places. One is more than 6 months and other one is less that 6 months. So how can i calculate my total wages, and also how many months payslips,P60, and bank statement should i submit?
Unless the job you've held for longer than 6 months is salaried and meets the financial requirement on its own (in which case you could apply under Category A), you will have to apply under Category B and be able to provide 12 months worth of pay slips and bank statements. How you calculate the income will depend on whether you are salaried or non-salaried and you will essentially have to demonstrate that you currently earn enough to meet the financial requirement and that your earnings in the last 12 months meet the financial requirement.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 10201
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Spouse Visa Extension UK

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:27 pm

Nandhini Narayanan wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:44 pm
So what all are the possible address proofs which i can submit?
Except( bank statement, license)
Hospital/gp letters, voter registration, hmrc/dvla correspondence, car insurance letters, mobile phone bill etc
Nandhini Narayanan wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:44 pm

Financial proofs:
I work in two different places. One is more than 6 months and other one is less that 6 months. So how can i calculate my total wages, and also how many months payslips,P60, and bank statement should i submit?
If your older job is giving you sufficient income then don't show other. Don t attach p60
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Nandhini Narayanan
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:37 pm
Mood:

Spouse Visa Extension UK

Post by Nandhini Narayanan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:01 pm

Thank you.. If i didnt meet the financial requirement, then what should i submit ?

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 10201
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Spouse Visa Extension UK

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:05 pm

Nandhini Narayanan wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:01 pm
Thank you.. If i didnt meet the financial requirement, then what should i submit ?
I think flrfp partner 10 years of route

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1525043639
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Senior Member
Posts: 953
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:54 am
Canada

Spouse Visa Extension UK

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:55 am

Nandhini Narayanan wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:01 pm
Thank you.. If i didnt meet the financial requirement, then what should i submit ?
Presumably you would have met the financial requirement somehow for your first application? You can combine your income with your spouses' income to meet the requirement. If your British partner receives certain benefits you may qualify under the adequate maintenance route and the financial requirement wouldn't apply. January 2020 is still several months away, any chance that before the visa expiry date you will have been at the second job for more than 6 months and the combined income would meet the financial requirement? Otherwise you may only be left with the route seagul mentioned. Your situation is still a little unclear from the information posted.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Nandhini Narayanan
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:37 pm
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa Extension UK

Post by Nandhini Narayanan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:41 pm

geoeng wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:55 am
Nandhini Narayanan wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:01 pm
Thank you.. If i didnt meet the financial requirement, then what should i submit ?
Presumably you would have met the financial requirement somehow for your first application? You can combine your income with your spouses' income to meet the requirement. If your British partner receives certain benefits you may qualify under the adequate maintenance route and the financial requirement wouldn't apply. January 2020 is still several months away, any chance that before the visa expiry date you will have been at the second job for more than 6 months and the combined income would meet the financial requirement? Otherwise you may only be left with the route seagul mentioned. Your situation is still a little unclear from the information posted.
Thank you for the advice!!

Locked
cron