ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rcjn
Newly Registered

UK SPOUSE VISA JOINT BANK ACCOUNT

Post by rcjn » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:51 am

I AM APPLYING SPOUSE VISA FROM INDIA WE HAVE SAVING IN CURRENT BANK ACCOUNT 62500 THAT ACCOUNT IS NAME OF OF MY WIFE AND HERE MOTHER NAME (THIS BALANCE IS 6 MONTH OLD IN ACCOUNT )
MY QUESTION IS CAN I USE THIS BANK STATEMENT OR WE HAVE TO REMOVE NAME OF MY WIFE'S MOTHER FROM BANK ACCOUNT ?
WHAT WE CAN DO IN THIS SITUATION ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UK SPOUSE VISA JOINT BANK ACCOUNT

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:35 am

rcjn wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:51 am
WE HAVE TO REMOVE NAME OF MY WIFE'S MOTHER FROM BANK ACCOUNT ?
That's better. Also don't write in capital letters.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:18 am

Is wife the sponsor?

Is it a UK account?

Home Office will need an explanation of where the funds came from.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:24 am

ariamus wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:18 am
Is wife the sponsor?
For saving doesn't matter whose account either applicant or sponsor

ariamus wrote:

Is it a UK account?
Doesn't matter whether the funds in UK or aboard
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:14 am

You will need proof of the funds being held for the full 6 month period....and bank statements therefore will show the account being held jointly with the mother. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rcjn
Newly Registered

Post by rcjn » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:47 am

ariamus wrote:
Is wife the sponsor?
yes

Is it a UK account?
yes hsbc

Home Office will need an explanation of where the funds came from.
fund exploitation we have

rcjn
Newly Registered

Post by rcjn » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:54 am

Casa wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:14 am
You will need proof of the funds being held for the full 6 month period....and bank statements therefore will show the account being held jointly with the mother. :idea:
thanks for reply casa
yes we have all the entry detail how ne where the money came from legally
confusion is ....this is joint bank account my wife (sponsor) nd here mother (my mother in law ) so legally my wife have half money but we want to use all money for my visa application so can we take letter from my mother in law this all money is my wife and she can use when she want
any confusion u can ask me

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:28 am

Hello,

Cannot have a third person on it, in this case mother-in-law.

It should be either in sponsor's name only or joint with applicant's name.

rcjn
Newly Registered

Post by rcjn » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:55 am

Jhelumi wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:28 am
Hello,

can we keep the account open and remove the other account holder (mother-in-law)name from the joint account than account will be on my wife (sponsor) name than we can use this account as spouse visa ??
all 62500 in same joint account is six month old money

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:14 am

Casa wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:14 am
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:08 pm

rcjn wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:55 am
Jhelumi wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:28 am
Hello,

can we keep the account open and remove the other account holder (mother-in-law)name from the joint account than account will be on my wife (sponsor) name than we can use this account as spouse visa ??
all 62500 in same joint account is six month old money
If you can get the bank to show that on the statement, you could use it.

I know in Pakstan that the bank will show the primary bank account holder's name on the statement even though the account is in joint name.

What you could try is setup online access on the account and generate a statement and see what name(s) it displays.

The only issue with this is, if they want proof of source of funds and it shows your mother-in-law name, then those savings won't count.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:44 pm

Jhelumi wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:08 pm

If you can get the bank to show that on the statement, you could use it.

I know in Pakstan that the bank will show the primary bank account holder's name on the statement even though the account is in joint name.

What you could try is setup online access on the account and generate a statement and see what name(s) it displays.
Don't try it as it can leads to deception because there is no bank who hide the name of other account holder. Best would be to officially remove mother name from account then wait for 6 months. Regarding the source of funds you can honestly tell the truth which won't be issue as long as funds remained in your own name during 6 months.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:07 pm

Could you possibly remove mother-in-law name from the account (she would need to give her consent before bank does that)? The bank may close the account entirely and open a brand new account in which case there’s no option but to wait a new six months.

If they don’t close the account, ask for a continuous statement/printout from the bank and it may only show the ‘current’ sole account holder?

Yes you can’t be seen to deceive Home Office so don’t try and be clever as you’ll only get caught at some point!

rcjn
Newly Registered

Post by rcjn » Wed May 01, 2019 2:34 am

thanks for reply guys

can we take letter from mother-in-law that she have NO OBJECTION for this money nd this all money belong to my wife she can use when she want to ?

my solicitor saying no need to do anything just keep joint account requirement is to keep six month old money in the account we will take letter from your mother-in-law

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Wed May 01, 2019 5:52 am

Personally I don’t think the letter, a promise of support, would be accepted. Also see:

11A. In respect of cash savings:
(a) The savings may be held in any form of bank/savings account (whether a current, deposit or investment account, provided by a financial institution regulated by the appropriate regulatory body for the country in which that institution is operating), provided that the account allows the savings to be accessed immediately (with or without a penalty for withdrawing funds without notice). This can include savings held in a pension savings account which can be immediately withdrawn.
(b) Paid out competition winnings or a legacy which has been paid can contribute to cash savings.
(c) Funds held as cash savings by the applicant, their partner or both jointly at the date of application can have been transferred from investments, stocks, shares, bonds or trust funds within the period of 6 months prior to the date of application, provided that:
(i) The funds have been in the ownership and under the control of the applicant, their partner or both jointly for at least the period of 6 months prior to the date of application.
(ii) The ownership of the funds in the form of investments, stocks, shares, bonds or trust funds; the cash value of the funds in that form at or before the beginning of the period of 6 months prior to the date of application; and the transfer of the funds into cash, are evidenced by a portfolio report or other relevant documentation from a financial institution regulated by the appropriate regulatory body for the country in which that institution is operating.
(iii) The requirements of this Appendix in respect of the cash savings held at the date of application are met, except that the period of 6 months prior to the date of application in paragraph 11(a) will be reduced by the amount of that period in which the relevant funds were held in the form of investments, stocks, shares, bonds or trust funds.
(iv) For the purposes of sub-paragraph 11A(c), “investments” includes funds held in an investment account or pension account or fund which does not meet the requirements of paragraphs 11 and 11A(a).
(d) Funds held as cash savings by the applicant, their partner or both jointly at the date of application can be from the proceeds of the sale of property, in the form only of a dwelling, other building or land, which took place within the period of 6 months prior to the date of application, provided that:
(i) The property (or relevant share of the property) was owned at the beginning of the period of 6 months prior to the date of application and at the date of sale by the applicant, their partner or both jointly.
(ii) Where ownership of the property was shared with a third party, only the proceeds of the sale of the share of the property owned by the applicant, their partner or both jointly may be counted.
(iii) The funds deposited as cash savings are the net proceeds of the sale, once any mortgage or loan secured on the property (or relevant share of the property) has been repaid and once any taxes and professional fees associated with the sale have been paid.
(iv) The decision-maker is satisfied that the requirements in sub-paragraphs (i)-(iii) are met on the basis of information and documents submitted in support of the application. These may include for example:
(1) Registration information or documentation (or a copy of this) from the Land Registry (or overseas equivalent).
(2) A letter from a solicitor (or other relevant professional, if the sale takes place overseas) instructed in the sale of the property confirming the sale price and other relevant information.
(3) A letter from a lender (a bank or building society) on its headed stationery regarding the repayment of a mortgage or loan secured on the property.
(4) Confirmation of payment of taxes or professional fees associated with the sale.
(5) Any other relevant evidence that the requirements in subparagraphs (i)-(iii) are met.
(v) The requirements of this Appendix in respect of the cash savings held at the date of application are met, except that the period of 6 months mentioned in paragraph 11(a) will be reduced by the amount of time which passed between the start of that 6-month period and the deposit of the proceeds of the sale in an account mentioned in paragraph 11(a).

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

rcjn
Newly Registered

Post by rcjn » Thu May 02, 2019 3:06 am

ariamus wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:52 am
Thanks for reply

(i) The funds have been in the ownership and under the control of the applicant, their partner or both jointly for at least the period of 6 months prior to the date of application.

yes money is my wife control also she can make any changes on account without any permission from my mother-in-law
but we remove name from joint account HSBC said now only my wife name will be come on any bank statement even we print last six month bank statement
we are going to apply July

rcjn
Newly Registered

UK SPOUSE VISA SKYPE CHAT PROBLEM

Post by rcjn » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:46 am

hello guys i m apply spouse visa but i have chat and calling from Skype so how to download or copy chat/calling conversation from Skype account i try screen shot but its 1200 page around for last six month so its very difficult
if anybody in the forum have idea to copy chat from Skype than help me pls

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UK SPOUSE VISA SKYPE CHAT PROBLEM

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:17 pm

rcjn wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:46 am
hello guys i m apply spouse visa but i have chat and calling from Skype so how to download or copy chat/calling conversation from Skype account i try screen shot but its 1200 page around for last six month so its very difficult
if anybody in the forum have idea to copy chat from Skype than help me pls
You can download frame making software from google play/apple store which can fit 4-6 screen shots on one page.

uj95

Post by uj95 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:52 pm

I did read on the forums here that you don’t have to screenshot every single message. Just enough to satisfy that you are in regular communication.

On that note, just a question for reference, what is the minimum chat history you have to submit? (In regards to months/weeks)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:09 pm

uj95 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:52 pm

On that note, just a question for reference, what is the minimum chat history you have to submit? (In regards to months/weeks)
It should at least cover from the beginning of relationship till date of application. There is no rational as how many screenshots/pages should be but ideally it should be as much as you can along with other subsisting relationship evidences.

rcjn
Newly Registered

Post by rcjn » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:05 am

thanks uj95 ,seagul for reply

rcjn
Newly Registered

spouse visa

Post by rcjn » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:04 am

i m apply spouse visa from India on 15th but for my engagement and wedding photos are not in A4 size so i have to take all of photo graph photo copy or i can take three four photo in one A4 size paper ?
Anybody here knows how they accept normal size photograph at vfs ?
Skype chat screen shot need colour or black nd white is ok in a4 size print ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: spouse visa

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:36 pm

rcjn wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:04 am
i m apply spouse visa from India on 15th but for my engagement and wedding photos are not in A4 size so i have to take all of photo graph photo copy or i can take three four photo in one A4 size paper ?
Anybody here knows how they accept normal size photograph at vfs ?
Skype chat screen shot need colour or black nd white is ok in a4 size print ?
Vfs centre only accepts A4 size

rcjn
Newly Registered

Post by rcjn » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:09 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:36 pm
]

Vfs centre only accepts A4 size
thanks for reply :D :D

i m applying from India so sponsor document (my wife ) she have to send to me in India to submit VFS or sponsor can submit there document from UK any VFS centre ? and i can submit my document from India ?

Hassan0208
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Hassan0208 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:36 pm

I have submitted my wife application online than took all supporting documents to London vfs. They scanned all documents, fee £70.

I have submitted some a4 colour photo copy. No problem.

I put 3 pictures on a4 paper. Only Colour photocopy.

Then next day my wife submitted her biometric at vfs in Bangladesh.

Many thanks