ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - When to apply

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JoieZion
Newly Registered
Mood:

False Information - Leave to Enter

Post by JoieZion » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:53 pm

Currently in the process of applying for spouse visa and have come across the question:

'Have you ever given false information when applying for a visa, leave to enter, or leave to remain?'

When my wife visited the UK she told customs that she was coming to visit her cousin and provided my details out of fear that she would not be allowed to enter, the immigration officer called me and I confirmed this. We had agreed that this is the story she would give if interrogated. At this time we had no real knowledge of the UK immigration system and now realise how stupid that lie was. Now we are applying for a spouse visa, will this be grounds to deny the application? I meet the financial requirements, own my home and we have evidence of it being a genuine relationship. This is the only thing we are worried about.

JoieZion
Newly Registered
Mood:

Spouse Visa - When to apply

Post by JoieZion » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:43 pm

I will be getting married in September and am wondering when the spouse visa for my wife can be applied for? I am thinking to begin the application now and then submit it straight after the wedding... Is this something that I can do or does there need to be a length of time between the wedding and application? We just want to get the process started as soon as possible so that we can start a family

secret.simon

Re: Spouse Visa - When to apply

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:47 pm

Topics merged.

Please keep your queries for the same application in the same thread.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: False Information - Leave to Enter

Post by TODMATT » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:02 pm

JoieZion wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:53 pm
Currently in the process of applying for spouse visa and have come across the question:

'Have you ever given false information when applying for a visa, leave to enter, or leave to remain?'

When my wife visited the UK she told customs that she was coming to visit her cousin and provided my details out of fear that she would not be allowed to enter, the immigration officer called me and I confirmed this. We had agreed that this is the story she would give if interrogated. At this time we had no real knowledge of the UK immigration system and now realise how stupid that lie was. Now we are applying for a spouse visa, will this be grounds to deny the application? I meet the financial requirements, own my home and we have evidence of it being a genuine relationship. This is the only thing we are worried about.
No.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:40 pm

JoieZion wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:43 pm
I will be getting married in September and am wondering when the spouse visa for my wife can be applied for? I am thinking to begin the application now and then submit it straight after the wedding... Is this something that I can do or does there need to be a length of time between the wedding and application? We just want to get the process started as soon as possible so that we can start a family
Yes you can apply for it now. There is no need to allow time so far all requirements are met.

JoieZion
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: False Information - Leave to Enter

Post by JoieZion » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:27 am

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:02 pm
JoieZion wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:53 pm

No.
Thank you, so when answering this question as to if false information has been given, is it best to say no or yes and try to explain it?

JoieZion
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by JoieZion » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:29 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:40 pm
JoieZion wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:43 pm
Yes you can apply for it now. There is no need to allow time so far all requirements are met.
Thank you, just to clarify we are not legally married yet we have only had our traditional ceremony but will have our legal wedding in September. So I guess the requirements won’t actually be met until September and this is when I can apply?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:39 am

You can only apply once you are married and have the marriage certificate.

The online form will ask date of marriage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JoieZion
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by JoieZion » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:42 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:39 am
You can only apply once you are married and have the marriage certificate.

The online form will ask date of marriage.
Thank you!

JoieZion
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa - Documents

Post by JoieZion » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:41 pm

Hi, I have a couple of questions related to the documents that need to be provided:
1. Can I submit downloaded bank statements or do they need to be the printed copy from my bank and scanned? If it is downloaded does it need to be signed by my bank?
2. I receive electronic payslips, will these need to be signed by my employer?
3. Do all documents need to be dated within 28 days from application or document submission date. So if I submit my application on 30/09/21 and am submitting my documents on 31/10/21 should my most recent payslip be for September or October. Also when is the latest date that my letter from my employer should be dated?

Thank you!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse Visa - Documents

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:49 pm

JoieZion wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:41 pm
Hi, I have a couple of questions related to the documents that need to be provided:
1. Can I submit downloaded bank statements or do they need to be the printed copy from my bank and scanned? If it is downloaded does it need to be signed by my bank? Downloaded copy can be used, no need for it to be signed.
2. I receive electronic payslips, will these need to be signed by my employer? No need for signing but in the employer letter to state that they are genuine
3. Do all documents need to be dated within 28 days from application or document submission date. So if I submit my application on 30/09/21 and am submitting my documents on 31/10/21 should my most recent payslip be for September or October. Also when is the latest date that my letter from my employer should be dated? Such evidence should ideally be within 28days of the application submission.

Thank you!