ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[HELP] UK FAMILY VISA DUMMY

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

markmaiforever
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

[HELP] UK FAMILY VISA DUMMY

Post by markmaiforever » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:36 am

Hello everyone,

Good day!

My name is Mark. I would like some assistance on how can I have my VISA approved because Ive read that If you will be refused you will lose the money that you have paid for processing your VISA(which is a large sum).

These are our details below:

- My wife is a British Citizen, we are planning to apply before january 2020 and She has been with her company since 2017. her previous salary was only 18,200 GBP but recently she was promoted 3 months ago and is now having a salary of 19,200 GBP.
- I have a cash savings of 15,500 GBP on my account(However, it will be valid for 6months on january 4,2020). While she has a cash saving of 1,000 GBP.
- I already have the TB TEST and the IELTS test both passed

From reading through alot of forums and websites, I've realized that we might fail the VISA application or have my visa refused/denied.

That is why I am knocking on your kind hearts and intelligent minds to help me find a way to be with my wife after 9 years of being in a long distance relationship.

My questions are:

1.) Can we combine our cash savings through different banks to get the minimum amount of 16,000 to be valid?
2.) Since she was recently promoted, does her new salary count? and if yes, does it mean that we have already passed the minimum financial requirement since her new salary exceeds the 18,600 GBP minimum requirement?
3.) How do we declare cash savings from gifts? for example, my father has retired and has given me the sum equivalent of 16,000 GBP.
4.) Is the UK immigration KEEN on details/rules to follow? Is there no humanity behind their approvals or refusals?

Also, If you have any tips for us so that my visa will have more chances of being approved, I would definitely appreciate it!

Looking forward to your responses!

Kind Regards,
Mark

markmaiforever
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Re: [HELP] UK FAMILY VISA DUMMY

Post by markmaiforever » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:43 am

By the way, I am outside the UK specifically in the Philippines.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:09 am

markmaiforever wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:36 am
1.) Can we combine our cash savings through different banks to get the minimum amount of 16,000 to be valid?
2.) Since she was recently promoted, does her new salary count? and if yes, does it mean that we have already passed the minimum financial requirement since her new salary exceeds the 18,600 GBP minimum requirement?
3.) How do we declare cash savings from gifts? for example, my father has retired and has given me the sum equivalent of 16,000 GBP.
4.) Is the UK immigration KEEN on details/rules to follow? Is there no humanity behind their approvals or refusals?
1. Yes, but it would not make much of a difference as only the amount above £16,000 can be used towards reducing the financial requirement. For example, if your combined savings are £16,500 then the financial requirement of £18,600 would reduce only to £18,400 (£18,600 - [(£16,500-£16,000) / 2.5)]). See table on page 49 of guidance document linked below.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf

2. It depends. If applying under Category A (6 months or greater with current employer), the lowest monthly salary received in the previous six months would be used to calculate the annual salary to be used towards meeting the financial requirement (assuming salary is paid monthly). Under Category B, the financial requirement is based on current salary AND total income received in the 12 months prior to the application date. Combining income under Category B with your cash savings may meet the financial requirement. Or if you wait until your wife has worked under the new salary for a bit longer you may meet the financial requirement without including cash savings.

3. The source of the cash savings has to be declared. So you would have to declare the origin as a gift and it would probably be useful to get a letter from your father stating the funds were a gift and what the origin of the funds was (e.g. savings from employment over however many years).

4. There are rules to be followed which are clearly detailed in Appendix FM and Appendix FM-SE (available online) as well as associated guidance documents like the one linked above. Approvals and refusals are based on the rules. Follow the rules and there usually aren't any problems, though an appeals and/or review system exists knowing that mistakes are occasionally made.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:57 pm

markmaiforever wrote:

- My wife is a British Citizen, we are planning to apply before january 2020 and She has been with her company since 2017. her previous salary was only 18,200 GBP but recently she was promoted 3 months ago and is now having a salary of 19,200 GBP.
Apart of earning her fixed wages of £18200 if she has been doing sufficient overtime from the last six months then she might still meet the requirement without waiting further.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

markmaiforever
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by markmaiforever » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:52 am

geoeng wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:09 am
markmaiforever wrote:
1. Yes, but it would not make much of a difference as only the amount above £16,000 can be used towards reducing the financial requirement. For example, if your combined savings are £16,500 then the financial requirement of £18,600 would reduce only to £18,400 (£18,600 - [(£16,500-£16,000) / 2.5)]). See table on page 49 of guidance document linked below.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf

2. It depends. If applying under Category A (6 months or greater with current employer), the lowest monthly salary received in the previous six months would be used to calculate the annual salary to be used towards meeting the financial requirement (assuming salary is paid monthly). Under Category B, the financial requirement is based on current salary AND total income received in the 12 months prior to the application date. Combining income under Category B with your cash savings may meet the financial requirement. Or if you wait until your wife has worked under the new salary for a bit longer you may meet the financial requirement without including cash savings.

3. The source of the cash savings has to be declared. So you would have to declare the origin as a gift and it would probably be useful to get a letter from your father stating the funds were a gift and what the origin of the funds was (e.g. savings from employment over however many years).

4. There are rules to be followed which are clearly detailed in Appendix FM and Appendix FM-SE (available online) as well as associated guidance documents like the one linked above. Approvals and refusals are based on the rules. Follow the rules and there usually aren't any problems, though an appeals and/or review system exists knowing that mistakes are occasionally made.
Hello,

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I CAN NOW SAY that I MUST APPLY ON APRIL WHEN MY WIFES PAYSLIP WOULD pass the minimum requirement for 6 months.

THANKS ALOT I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE RESPONSES FROM THIS FORUM!

May the odds be always be on your favor.

Thanks again!

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:46 am

markmaiforever wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:52 am
I CAN NOW SAY that I MUST APPLY ON APRIL WHEN MY WIFES PAYSLIP WOULD pass the minimum requirement for 6 months.
Why April when you previously mentioned you wanted to apply earlier than that? We both told you that you would likely meet the requirement before then. You don't necessarily have to wait until your "wife's payslip would pass the minimum requirement" if she has been with the same employer for more than 6 months prior to applying. She would only have to show the following 2 things if relying on employment income alone under Category B to meet the financial requirement (assuming no non-British children are also applying):
1 - Current salary is greater than £18,600 (sounds like it is now).
2 - Total income received in the 12 months prior to applying is greater than £18,600 (sounds like it will be soon or could be now).

And, as mentioned, cash saving above £16,000 can be used to reduce the portion of the financial requirement that would have to be met by employment income. You can wait until April if you want (or if that's when you have figured you would meet the requirements), just wanted to be clear on the requirement you have to meet.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

markmaiforever
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by markmaiforever » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:52 am

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it!

May the odds be always in your favor. God bless!