ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse visa difficulties, seeking best route to pass IELTS Lifeskills A1

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

knewBee
Newly Registered

UK spouse visa difficulties, seeking best route to pass IELTS Lifeskills A1

Post by knewBee » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:18 am

My wife with very little education failed IELTS lifeskill a1 in May 2019 since then we have tried everything to prepare her to be able to pass the test but unfortunately circumstance have not been favorable.

Due to cultural issues it is almost impossible for her to prepare for the test without my help we tried everything from going to school/personal tuition and skype/whatsapp preparation but there is always something that gets in the way..cultural and other circumstance that won't make sense to most ppl living in first world :)

I am British Pakistani working full time in London for various reason below i'm now thinking to get a job somewhere outside UK i.e. anywhere in EU or middle east where i can get her visa easily so i can prepare her for the test...I know this might not make sense to leave a full time job and live in another country to just prepare my wife for test...but trust me this is the only way ...for many reasons below

1. I can't get her a visit visa to UK to prepare her for test here (ideally i would have this option to then go back to Pakistan and apply for spouse visa) but this has been discouraged in the forum here before that it will be impossible to get a visit visa. I can't find a way to convince the officers that I would not let her overstay the visit visa for simple fact that i would not want to damage her future application for permanent residency in the future by letting her stay in UK illegally..so i think visit visa is gone out the window right?

2. I'm her only source to be able to prepare for the test.

3. Spending time with my wife is very important for family extension as i already got married late
turning 40, got married last year December and since then struggling with her passing the test (i regret now to have not known that there was a English language requirement to get a spouse visa then i would have made different choices so something i blame myself for that i didn't know they have made it so difficult to get a spouse visa for someone who has little education)

As UK nationality holder ...i am seeking advice on:

Which country in EU will be the best option to get a spouse visa quicker by either a or b , what are the possibilities and best course ..

a) Get a job, relocate, and then apply for spouse
b) ideally relocate as soon as possible and apply for spouse visa, seek work - due to lack of time

I have already started looking for jobs in EU, Middle east and Pakistan the main thing is that i don't want gap in my employment ...ideally i have a job and i have my wife with me ...get her pass the test and then apply for UK spouse visa...and relocate to UK.

Please advise ...

iwolga

Re: UK spouse visa difficulties, seeking best route to pass IELTS Lifeskills A1

Post by iwolga » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:58 am

Ireland? Just because of the same language. Once you relocate/find a job there AND UK is still on EU, your wife won’t need either English test for spouse visa for Ireland or English test to return in UK later.

One thing to consider though (outside immigration law) is how comfortable the life will be in the new country for someone who doesn’t have even minimal language.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:43 am

You may have considered this option, I’m sure. However, have you tried specific colleges that tailor tuition to the skills test?

My husband visited a reputable one within a city which was registered via UKBA and had no issues. He has lived in the U.K. before but there was another lady on the course that had little experience but passed.

You can also find the A1 test examples online too? Almost like mock tests

knewBee
Newly Registered

Post by knewBee » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:30 pm

iwolga wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:58 am
Ireland? Just because of the same language. Once you relocate/find a job there AND UK is still on EU, your wife won’t need either English test for spouse visa for Ireland or English test to return in UK later.

One thing to consider though (outside immigration law) is how comfortable the life will be in the new country for someone who doesn’t have even minimal language.
HI iwolga thank you for the response, Ireland was my first choice as well due to similar language and nearest in culture and stuff to UK.
however i didn't know once i get there i.e. get my wife a spouse visa for ireland I won't need spouse visa and English test to return to UK? how does that work?

knewBee
Newly Registered

Post by knewBee » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:35 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:43 am
You may have considered this option, I’m sure. However, have you tried specific colleges that tailor tuition to the skills test?

My husband visited a reputable one within a city which was registered via UKBA and had no issues. He has lived in the U.K. before but there was another lady on the course that had little experience but passed.

You can also find the A1 test examples online too? Almost like mock tests
Hi ms1993, I don't know where your husband took the classes, plus my wife never lived outside a little village and yes would have been ideal if i can get a visit visa so she can get to know the culture and language and get her into one of those approved institutes..unfortunately that's not the case here...

that's why i need to relocate to another EU country so we can spend time together and at the same time i can train her and where i also have a job...

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:42 pm

knewBee wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:18 am

I am British Pakistani working full time in London for various reason below i'm now thinking to get a job somewhere outside UK i.e. anywhere in EU or middle east where i can get her visa easily so i can prepare her for the test
I can understand your situation and have seen cases where one partner can more easily learn something from/along his/her other partner. Maybe UAE is easier option for you both but in that case your ability to meet the financial requirement will be affected unless you have 6 months old cash savings of £62500.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:02 pm

knewBee wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:30 pm
iwolga wrote:

HI iwolga thank you for the response, Ireland was my first choice as well due to similar language and nearest in culture and stuff to UK.
however i didn't know once i get there i.e. get my wife a spouse visa for ireland I won't need spouse visa and English test to return to UK? how does that work?
If (and only if) UK stays in EU, you can come to Ireland (RoI) to exercise your Treaty Rights as EU citizen. In that case your wife will be joining you on EEA Family permit visa (not sure how is it called exactly in RoI, it is free of charge and no language requirements at all). Once you lived there for some time (and - again - UK didn't leave the EU) - your wife will be able to apply for Surinder Singh route (basically same as EEA Family member but for families of returning citizens), where - again - there's no requirement for English language. But note that she will need to apply for visa, just a different type.

How this works in simple words. There are 2 sets of rules for immigration: EU and UK immigration law. Once you start living outside of your home country, EU rules apply to you and your family. They are designed to be easier from many perspectives comparing to local immigration rules of UK.

knewBee
Newly Registered

Post by knewBee » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:07 pm

iwolga wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:02 pm
knewBee wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:30 pm
iwolga wrote:

If (and only if) UK stays in EU, you can come to Ireland (RoI) to exercise your Treaty Rights as EU citizen. In that case your wife will be joining you on EEA Family permit visa (not sure how is it called exactly in RoI, it is free of charge and no language requirements at all). Once you lived there for some time (and - again - UK didn't leave the EU) - your wife will be able to apply for Surinder Singh route (basically same as EEA Family member but for families of returning citizens), where - again - there's no requirement for English language. But note that she will need to apply for visa, just a different type.

How this works in simple words. There are 2 sets of rules for immigration: EU and UK immigration law. Once you start living outside of your home country, EU rules apply to you and your family. They are designed to be easier from many perspectives comparing to local immigration rules of UK.
---

Thank you iwolga, would the transitional period count toward Surrindar Singh route ? what is the minimum EU stay requirement for that?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:55 pm

knewBee wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:07 pm
Thank you iwolga, would the transitional period count toward Surrindar Singh route ? what is the minimum EU stay requirement for that?
You face a few issues. Getting a visa to join in Ireland can take months and are often refused.

You and you spouse would need to be in another EU state for 6 months or so minimum with you exercising treaty rights.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

knewBee
Newly Registered

Post by knewBee » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:55 pm
knewBee wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:07 pm
You face a few issues. Getting a visa to join in Ireland can take months and are often refused.

You and you spouse would need to be in another EU state for 6 months or so minimum with you exercising treaty rights.
@CR001, thank you
Do you think my spouse visa application in IE will be refused? if yes why ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:21 pm

Many have been refused after months because it is well know that Ireland is used as a back door to the UK when migrants cannot meet the UK spouse visa requirement, so applications are heavily scrutinised for Irish visas. The UK and Ireland also share immigration data/information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

knewBee
Newly Registered

Post by knewBee » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:21 pm
Many have been refused after months because it is well know that Ireland is used as a back door to the UK when migrants cannot meet the UK spouse visa requirement, so applications are heavily scrutinised for Irish visas. The UK and Ireland also share immigration data/information.
Ah that makes sense, but what if no application has been made before?
unless they share information like the applicant has failed the A1 test via British council? would they go that far ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:29 pm

I did say immigration history. So when you apply for an EEA family permit to the UK, Ireland will share all information with the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

knewBee
Newly Registered

Post by knewBee » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:29 pm
I did say immigration history. So when you apply for an EEA family permit to the UK, Ireland will share all information with the UK.
So in that case that will be more of a problem when using surindar singh route back to UK not now when apply for IE spouse visa..right? but then again surindar singh route is legal route isn't it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:00 pm

Surinder Singh is a legal route as long as the UK is in the EU and you meet the requirements.

You will find delays in getting a visa for your spouse to enter Ireland too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

knewBee
Newly Registered

Post by knewBee » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:00 pm
Surinder Singh is a legal route as long as the UK is in the EU and you meet the requirements.

You will find delays in getting a visa for your spouse to enter Ireland too.
And as i read until 31/12/2020 during transition period EU laws will be applicable so I guess I can use that route during transition period? i.e until 31/12/2020?

Any other EU country where i can get visa quicker?
Another option i am thinking is Sweden as I already have sister and brother and law there my company who has office in Sweden could potentially transfer me to Sweden (though i have not asked yet)