ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS appointment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

nirmayvathsa
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 am

UKVCAS appointment

Post by nirmayvathsa » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:09 pm

Hello,
My wife and son are applying for the extension of their visas ( family route -5 years ) and their visas are due to expire/ for renewal on September 27th . We already applied for the visa on 2nd September , paid visa fees and IHS fee as well . However , we are not able to find any appointment to book on any UKVCAS service centres anywhere in the country . I must have tried by logging into their website dozens of times at different times of the day in the last 3 days . What is the way out ? All centres are displaying “no available appointments “ till October 8th. Is it legal for them to stay beyond their visa which expires on September 27th while waiting for the appointments to become available ? This application is for extension of their visa which was initially granted in March 2018 . It means UKVI has their biometrics . Does that mean , they get invites to use mobile app automatically eventually ? I can’t get to speak to anyone on customer service despite trying upto one hour on the phone . Please help!!!!!!

Thank you ,
Srin

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 75742
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:18 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Diamond Member
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:59 am

nirmayvathsa wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:09 pm
Hello,
My wife and son are applying for the extension of their visas ( family route -5 years ) and their visas are due to expire/ for renewal on September 27th . We already applied for the visa on 2nd September , paid visa fees and IHS fee as well . However , we are not able to find any appointment to book on any UKVCAS service centres anywhere in the country . I must have tried by logging into their website dozens of times at different times of the day in the last 3 days . What is the way out ? All centres are displaying “no available appointments “ till October 8th. Is it legal for them to stay beyond their visa which expires on September 27th while waiting for the appointments to become available ? This application is for extension of their visa which was initially granted in March 2018 . It means UKVI has their biometrics . Does that mean , they get invites to use mobile app automatically eventually ? I can’t get to speak to anyone on customer service despite trying upto one hour on the phone . Please help!!!!!!

Thank you ,
Srin
Since you have applied and submitted(I presume) before the expiration of the current visa, they are OK and are not illegal even when current leave expires. The Section 3C protects them till they get a decision on the application you have made.
The invitation for reuse of held details for biometrics is at HO's discretion and no one knows the criteria for selection. Keep checking around for appointments as they open up and are batched. Check MOD's posted link.

billybig
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:08 pm

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by billybig » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:18 am

As Cr001 pointed out, that blog explains everything and you really should read that before wasting an hour on hold.
If UKVCAS received your application on or after 28 August 2020, you won’t be able to book an appointment at the moment. This is because UKVI are assessing which customers are eligible for biometric reuse and the IDV app.
Just wait and be patient.

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 10001
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:49 am

nirmayvathsa wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:09 pm
Hello,
My wife and son are applying for the extension of their visas ( family route -5 years ) and their visas are due to expire/ for renewal on September 27th . We already applied for the visa on 2nd September , paid visa fees and IHS fee as well . However , we are not able to find any appointment to book on any UKVCAS service centres anywhere in the country . I must have tried by logging into their website dozens of times at different times of the day in the last 3 days . What is the way out ? All centres are displaying “no available appointments “ till October 8th. Is it legal for them to stay beyond their visa which expires on September 27th while waiting for the appointments to become available ? This application is for extension of their visa which was initially granted in March 2018 . It means UKVI has their biometrics . Does that mean , they get invites to use mobile app automatically eventually ? I can’t get to speak to anyone on customer service despite trying upto one hour on the phone . Please help!!!!!!

Thank you ,
Srin
Despite you couldn't be able to secure the appointment but ideally carry on uploading your supporting documents dated until the date of application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hussain1988
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:19 pm
Bangladesh

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by hussain1988 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:59 pm

No need to worry my wife gave her biometrics after her visa expired.

I was in the same position as you could not find appointments then paid ones turned up then I just waited for the free ones then quickly booked it you have to regularly check the website for appointments.

When we made the application at the time my wife passport was valid on application it says valid. then we could not find appointments due to covid we did not renew her Bangladesh passport as there would be delays.

We just took the home office paper work from the last time she was granted visa that is a form of ID they accept when giving biometrics.

I would not worry its was our first time experience cause last two applicants was paper application and biometrics at post office.

I did keep a copy of the application downloaded next time round it will be very easy just copy that and make any changes needed.

nirmayvathsa
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 am

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by nirmayvathsa » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:17 pm

Thank you

nirmayvathsa
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 am

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by nirmayvathsa » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:19 pm

Thank you everyone for your kind replies . Now I am relieved

nirmayvathsa
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 am

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by nirmayvathsa » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:45 am

I have another question , at what time of the day appointments open up ? I checked several times a day including immediately after 12 midnight , after 1 am , 2 am and early in the morning . When a new date is showing up, it is showing up with ‘no available appointments message’ . How is it possible for someone to book an appointment when it doesn’t even show available slots ? Or is UKVCAS itself allotting appointments for those who are waiting for very long ? This is really puzzling

Korekt
Member of Standing
Posts: 476
Joined: Tue May 21, 2019 10:02 am
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by Korekt » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:24 pm

Did you have a look at the link that was posted on Friday?

You are probably unable to book any slot because UKVCAS has not opened it up for you to.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

User avatar
seagul
Diamond Member
Posts: 10001
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 am
Mood:

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:58 pm

nirmayvathsa wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:45 am
I have another question , at what time of the day appointments open up ? I checked several times a day including immediately after 12 midnight , after 1 am , 2 am and early in the morning . When a new date is showing up, it is showing up with ‘no available appointments message’ . How is it possible for someone to book an appointment when it doesn’t even show available slots ? Or is UKVCAS itself allotting appointments for those who are waiting for very long ? This is really puzzling
Also trying in checking your spam folder too as you might be selected for reusing the new App without even needing to book the appointment.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

nirmayvathsa
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 am

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by nirmayvathsa » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:58 am

Yes , I am doing
Thank you

nirmayvathsa
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 am

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by nirmayvathsa » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:05 am

@korekt

Thank you . Yes I checked just now
The information on that web linked is updated on 3rd sept and it appears that appointments are not open for me as it says , those who applied after 28th August will not be able to book . I applied on September 2nd . So, it makes sense . I am hoping that another update will be made in a few days Thank you .

AmazonianX
Diamond Member
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:58 pm

nirmayvathsa wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:05 am
@korekt

Thank you . Yes I checked just now
The information on that web linked is updated on 3rd sept and it appears that appointments are not open for me as it says , those who applied after 28th August will not be able to book . I applied on September 2nd . So, it makes sense . I am hoping that another update will be made in a few days Thank you .
And keep an eye out for updates.

billybig
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:08 pm

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by billybig » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:13 am

billybig wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:18 am
As Cr001 pointed out, that blog explains everything and you really should read that before wasting an hour on hold.
If UKVCAS received your application on or after 28 August 2020, you won’t be able to book an appointment at the moment. This is because UKVI are assessing which customers are eligible for biometric reuse and the IDV app.
Just wait and be patient.
If only someone had quoted the exact section you needed to read :roll:

nirmayvathsa
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 am

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by nirmayvathsa » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:49 am

Thank you

nirmayvathsa
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 am

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by nirmayvathsa » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:09 pm

Thank you everyone for your replies and advice. I just received an invite to download IDV app and submit photo.

paru.org
Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:15 am
India

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by paru.org » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:27 pm

you lucky, my wife and daughter(9yrs old) have to attend biometrics, they applying for extension also.

how old is ur son?
m trying to figure out on what basis they select someone for attending biometrics and other just they use previous biometrics?

nirmayvathsa
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 am

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by nirmayvathsa » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:07 am

Hi ,

Yes , they are using previously taken biometrics . It is their second renewal/extension of visa . My son is actually 21 years old and university student , a dependent .

nirmayvathsa
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 am

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by nirmayvathsa » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:35 am

And , I am an NHS worker ( a doctor ) and I became citizen one year ago and my family is applying for extension under family route . There was no option of not paying IHS in FLR(M) application process , so I paid IHS fee. I guess have to apply to UKVI again for refund of IHS .

Post Reply
cron