ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what additional forms are needed for spouse visa app?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Karmy100

Appendix 2 VAF Finance Form Question

Post by Karmy100 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:15 am

Hi

just a silly question.

This is going to be my 3rd application. Last application got rejected because of my 2nd job, I didn't deposit the money in my bank account, therefore I didn't meet the requirement under Category A.

Anyways this time I am going to use 1 employment and meet the £18600 requirement etc. However My silly question is on the Appendix 2 VAF form, section 3.13, do I have to put my previous job ( 2nd job) details e.g when it started and when it ended and how much I earned?

Last time my lawyer filled both Section 3.12 and Section 3.13 as I was going to rely on them 2 employment.

I have been with my current employment for over 2 years now.

thanks.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Appendix 2 VAF Finance Form Question

Post by geoeng » Thu May 14, 2020 11:46 am

Karmy100 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:15 am
However My silly question is on the Appendix 2 VAF form, section 3.13, do I have to put my previous job ( 2nd job) details e.g when it started and when it ended and how much I earned?
If you're not relying on it to meet the financial requirement and since you have been with the employer you are using for longer than six months (Category A), you shouldn't have to list any other employment as that question appears to relate specifically to those using Category B.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Karmy100

Post by Karmy100 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:58 am

geoeng wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:46 am
Karmy100 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:15 am
However My silly question is on the Appendix 2 VAF form, section 3.13, do I have to put my previous job ( 2nd job) details e.g when it started and when it ended and how much I earned?
If you're not relying on it to meet the financial requirement and since you have been with the employer you are using for longer than six months (Category A), you shouldn't have to list any other employment as that question appears to relate specifically to those using Category B.
Thought so, so the answer is I do not need to fill in section 3.13? I will just leave that blank?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu May 14, 2020 12:15 pm

Karmy100 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:58 am
Thought so, so the answer is I do not need to fill in section 3.13? I will just leave that blank?
Going off the PDF form, if you answer "yes" to 3.12, you skip to 3.21 and leave the intervening questions blank.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Karmy100

Post by Karmy100 » Thu May 14, 2020 12:22 pm

geoeng wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:15 pm
Karmy100 wrote:
Going off the PDF form, if you answer "yes" to 3.12, you skip to 3.21 and leave the intervening questions blank.
Thank you lol, told you it was a silly question. I was just worried because last time I wrote it so was thinking about whether I need to declare it on the 3.13 as I worked there within the last 12 months. But obviously I’m not going to rely on the income from that job.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu May 14, 2020 3:19 pm

Karmy100 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:22 pm
geoeng wrote:
Karmy100 wrote:
Thank you lol, told you it was a silly question. I was just worried because last time I wrote it so was thinking about whether I need to declare it on the 3.13 as I worked there within the last 12 months. But obviously I’m not going to rely on the income from that job.
The same methodology you will have to inculcate when filling the online application too by not giving any detail of an income which you aren't relying. Otherwise you will end up in being asked of various documents and making calculations.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Karmy100

Post by Karmy100 » Thu May 14, 2020 4:01 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 3:19 pm
Karmy100 wrote:
geoeng wrote:
Karmy100 wrote:
The same methodology you will have to inculcate when filling the online application too by not giving any detail of an income which you aren't relying. Otherwise you will end up in being asked of various documents and making calculations.
Oh ok, so when filling out the online application form and appendix 2 form. Only include 1 employment salary and details as I will be using 6 months payslip etc from that employment?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu May 14, 2020 4:13 pm

Karmy100 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 4:01 pm
seagul wrote:
Karmy100 wrote:
geoeng wrote:

Oh ok, so when filling out the online application form and appendix 2 form. Only include 1 employment salary and details as I will be using 6 months payslip etc from that employment?
Yes provided you have earned sufficiently from that employment where your monthly wages never been dropped below £1550 in any month during the last 6 months (if you earning fix wages) or you must have earned at least £9300 during the last 6 months (if you are earning variable). Furthermore, you will need the corresponding bank statements and the employer letter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Karmy100

Post by Karmy100 » Thu May 14, 2020 4:26 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 4:13 pm
Karmy100 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 4:01 pm
seagul wrote:
Karmy100 wrote:

Yes provided you have earned sufficiently from that employment where your monthly wages never been dropped below £1550 in any month during the last 6 months (if you earning fix wages) or you must have earned at least £9300 during the last 6 months (if you are earning variable). Furthermore, you will need the corresponding bank statements and the employer letter.
Hi yep earned over £1550 a month, fixed salary throughout. I will provide my bank statement, payslips, employee letter contract and recent p60 etc.

Karmy100

what additional forms are needed for spouse visa app?

Post by Karmy100 » Fri May 29, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi all

I'm preparing for the application with my solicitor. We are applying via gov.uk website now.

However in my previous application I had to fill in Appendix 2 (VAF4A - Finance Form) and Sponsor Undertaking form.

However my solicitor is saying we no longer need to fill them 2 forms in now. I'm looking at this link (
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/provide-information) &
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 2-to-vaf8b

For Appendix 2 (VAF2) - This publication was withdrawn on 25 November 2019 , This guidance is obsolete and should no longer be used.

Therefore my question is, are we no longer needing to fill in VAF2 form and Sponsor undertaking form?

Would appreciate it if someone can help clarify, what other forms are needed.

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: what additional forms are needed for spouse visa app?

Post by CR001 » Fri May 29, 2020 4:12 pm

The inline form contains the financial requirements part now.

Sponsorship undertaking form SU07 is NOT required for a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Karmy100 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 3:32 pm
Hi all

I'm preparing for the application with my solicitor. We are applying via gov.uk website now.

However in my previous application I had to fill in Appendix 2 (VAF4A - Finance Form) and Sponsor Undertaking form.

However my solicitor is saying we no longer need to fill them 2 forms in now. I'm looking at this link (

For Appendix 2 (VAF2) - This publication was withdrawn on 25 November 2019 , This guidance is obsolete and should no longer be used.

Therefore my question is, are we no longer needing to fill in VAF2 form and Sponsor undertaking form?

Kind regards
Yes, the Appendix 2 form no longer required to be filled. What is required is all contained in the online application.
Also, sponsorship undertaking not required for spousal application.

Karmy100

Post by Karmy100 » Fri May 29, 2020 5:34 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:15 pm
Karmy100 wrote:
Hi all

Kind regards
Yes, the Appendix 2 form no longer required to be filled. What is required is all contained in the online application.

Oh ok, so just need to fill in the online application now?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 29, 2020 11:22 pm

Karmy100 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:34 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:15 pm
Karmy100 wrote:
Hi all

Kind regards

Oh ok, so just need to fill in the online application now?
Yes, the questions that used to be on the Appendix 2 form now incorporated into the online application. You will observe this as you fill your application.