ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife and step daughter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Far
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Wife and step daughter

Post by Far » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:00 am

Hi

I saw a similar post but it has not been locked and I couldn't find the answer I was looking for hence posting it here

My wife has a Daughter and she has been looking after her solely. There isnt any official custody document since as per the Bangladeshi law (from where she is) the custody remains with the mother till puberty and after that it depends if the father is willing to take the child or the child is willing to stay with the father. Now we are to apply for the UK visa for my wife and step daughter (I am a british citizen) and her ex husband is okay to sign a document stating that he is okay for my wife to take the child with her since she has been the one solely looking after the child. We also plan to get the signed document notarized. My question is, if that will suffice as evidence and if the emabassy will call the father and verify in addition to the document provided? I would also like to add, my wife have made few trips out of country with her daughter and never had any issue since the father is not bothered whatsoever and do not pay any maintenace either, so he is okay to sign the document. Please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Wife and step daughter

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:08 am

It is not about 'solely looking after' the child. It is about sole responsibility, see link below. If she needs the fathers consent, then she likely doesn't have sole responsibility.

immigration-for-family-members/sole-res ... 13087.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Far
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Wife and step daughter

Post by Far » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:54 pm

Thank you for your reply! Actually I wanted to know if the father signs the document and it is notarized (affidavit) then will that be enough? Thank you!