ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year long residence ILR application query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amanhora07
Newly Registered

10 year long residence ILR application query

Post by amanhora07 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:40 pm

Dear members/experts,

This forum has wealth of information and I have been benefited a lot by reading the existing posts.

I am planning to submit my ILR application via the 10 year-long residency route. I came to UK in Nov 2011 on Tier 2 ICT, then got my visa extended twice in UK for 2 years once in 2013, and then in 2015, which was valid till March 2017. I visited India for a wedding in March 2017 and then made a fresh Tier 2 ICT visa application to British high Commission in March 2017, which got rejected and then the decision was overturned in July 2017. My absence from UK was less than 150 days.

Do I need to explain this in the ILR application under Travel History Section where it asks

For either the UK or any other country, have you ever been:
  • Refused a visa
  • Refused entry at the border
  • Refused permission to stay or remain
  • Refused asylum
  • Deported
  • Removed
  • Required to leave
  • Excluded or banned from entry
Should my response be "No" as the visa application was refused but then in the administrative review, the decision was overturned and the visa got approved? or Should it be 'Yes' as the visa application was refused and attach the refusal letter along with the letter UKVI have communicated the decision has been overturned? Not sure if I am thinking too much but as they say Once bitten twice shy :)

Many Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
A

vinny

Re: 10 year long residence ILR application query

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:55 am

Probably safer saying “yes”?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:58 am

amanhora07 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:40 pm
Dear members/experts,

This forum has wealth of information and I have been benefited a lot by reading the existing posts.

I am planning to submit my ILR application via the 10 year-long residency route. I came to UK in Nov 2011 on Tier 2 ICT, then got my visa extended twice in UK for 2 years once in 2013, and then in 2015, which was valid till March 2017. I visited India for a wedding in March 2017 and then made a fresh Tier 2 ICT visa application to British high Commission in March 2017, which got rejected and then the decision was overturned in July 2017. My absence from UK was less than 150 days.

Do I need to explain this in the ILR application under Travel History Section where it asks

• Refused a visa
  • Refused asylum
  • Deported
  • Removed
  • Required to leave
Should my response be "No" as the visa application was refused but then in the administrative review, the decision was overturned and the visa got approved? or Should it be 'Yes' as the visa application was refused and attach the refusal letter along with the letter UKVI have communicated the decision has been overturned? Not sure if I am thinking too much but as they say Once bitten twice shy :)

Cheers,
A
Answer it as YES and explain that this was overturned at AR and the visa was eventually granted. Only attach the HO letter stating decision was overturned.

amanhora07
Newly Registered

Post by amanhora07 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:00 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:58 am
amanhora07 wrote:
Dear members/experts,

• Refused a visa
  • Refused asylum
  • Deported
  • Removed
  • Required to leave

Cheers,
A

Answer it as YES and explain that this was overturned at AR and the visa was eventually granted. Only attach the HO letter stating decision was overturned.
Many thanks, @Vinny & @AmazonianX for helping me out here. Much appreciated.

amanhora07
Newly Registered

Post by amanhora07 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:26 am

Hi AmazonianX, Vinny,
AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:58 am
amanhora07 wrote:
Dear members/experts,

• Refused a visa
  • Refused asylum
  • Deported
  • Removed
  • Required to leave

Cheers,
A
I've got a follow-up question, I've said 'NO' to "do you have any home office reference numbers" as I did not have all the reference number of various leave to remain applications, now that I am quoting and attaching the home office reference letter of the decision overturn post AR should I include the reference # in the home office reference question ? Kindly advise.

Many thanks again for your help.

Regards,
A

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:04 am

No need
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

amanhora07
Newly Registered

Post by amanhora07 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:15 am

Many thanks Zimba!!

I can't thank this forum enough for the help and guidance I received. I got my ILR a few hours after my Biometric appointment at UKVCAS.

Best,
A