ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for my ILR and registering my child's citizenship at same time

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jude4u
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Applying for my ILR and registering my child's citizenship at same time

Post by Jude4u » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:01 pm

Hi, I'm currently having Tier 2 (General) and planning to apply for my ILR in August 2019, 28 days before I complete my 5 years. Also, my wife's and daughter's (1yr old) Tier 2 dependant VISAs expiring on the same date as mine (16/09/2019). My daughter was born in the UK and once been to Sri Lanka for vacation (70 days) with my wife. My wife is in the UK only for the last 2 years. Therefore, I'm planning to renew her dependant VISA at the same time I'm applying for the ILR.
Also, because my daughter is a UK born, I'm planning to apply for the registration of her UK citizenship along with my ILR application.
Can I apply for all three of us at the same time? or should I wait until I get my ILR and then to apply for them? In that case, I will not have enough time as their VISAs will expire 28 days after I submitted my ILR application. Therefore, I want to apply for all three of us at the same time.
Can anyone please help to clear my mind?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for my ILR and registering my child's citizenship at same time

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:05 pm

Can I apply for all three of us at the same time?
No. You can apply for your ILR and your wifes extension but you cannot apply for your daughter until you have ILR. Note that if your ILR fails, your wifes extension will also fail.
or should I wait until I get my ILR and then to apply for them?

Your choice if you choose to wait to apply for your wife, but you definitely have to wait before you can apply for your daughter.
In that case, I will not have enough time as their VISAs will expire 28 days after I submitted my ILR application. Therefore, I want to apply for all three of us at the same time.
Your daughter does NOT need to hold a valid visa to register as British. She is entitled to register once either parent is granted ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jude4u
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by Jude4u » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:14 pm

Hi CR001,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. Just to make everything clear,

* Because my child's (UK born) current Tier 2 dependant VISA expiring on 16/09/2019, she will not be considered as an ilegal immigrant after that date if she doesn't hold a valid VISA? because my ILR decision might be received after that date.

Am I right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:16 pm

* Because my child's (UK born) current Tier 2 dependant VISA expiring on 16/09/2019, she will not be considered as an ilegal immigrant after that date if she doesn't hold a valid VISA? because my ILR decision might be received after that date.
No, not for the purpose of register her as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jude4u
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by Jude4u » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:26 pm

Thank you so much CR001.