Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

fees to add my child to my application

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).

This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:26 pm

fees to add my child to my application

Post by 1jermainesmith » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:32 pm

hello, i am going to apply for indefinite to remain and i would like to apply for my uk passport (she was born here). i would like to know the price for my application and also to put in my daughter application at the same time.

Posts: 7704
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Re: fees to add my child to my application

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:17 am

You can't combine the child's passport application with your ILR application. There are multiple separate stages to the applications.

After you get ILR, you need to apply for the child's registration as a British citizen using Form MN1.

Then, after you get the child's registration certificate, you can apply for the child's UK passport.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

User avatar
Posts: 24933
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:32 pm

Re: fees to add my child to my application

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:03 am

Further to secret.simons advice, the current fees are:
ILR = £2,389
MN1 child registration = £1,012
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.