ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help preparing SET - LR form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

monza

Filling the form Typing or hand written

Post by monza » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:12 am

Hi Can i fill the SET LR form by computer typing or it must be hand written?

In the form it says "Please complete this section in block capitals and black ink"

monza

Help preparing SET - LR form

Post by monza » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:32 am

Hi I came first time in UK on Jan 2006, and then left UK after 8 months and then return UK after one year in Sep 2007. When i left UK i had one year valid student visa and i return UK on the same visa. As i was away from UK more then 180 days i can not apply so i waited to cover that time.

First entry to UK Jan 2006
Exit from UK Sep 2006
Second entry to UK Sep 2007 - continuous till date without any trip more then 180 days and less then 540 total days out of UK.

Now 10 year coming to end in Sept 2017 (considering 10 year continues from Sept 2007) so i am preparing my application form, now i have confusion in following question,

D2. When did you first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

My application is based on 10 year continuous stay which is September 2007, but my first entry to UK was before September 2007 (First entry Jan 2006).

So i am confuse on above question what should i write? Jan 2006 or Sep 2007?

I will thankful to you guys for your clarification.

monza

SET LR supporting documents

Post by monza » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:23 am

Hi DO i have to provide following documents mentioned in SET LR form in section 4 Documents: even i am providing my passport with application. I have these documents but i don't want to provide extra/ unnecessary documents.

Doctor’s letter(s) showing registration for each year of your stay and lettes from hospital(s) or other local health service(s)
Council tax letter(s) or bills for each year of your stay
Gas, electricity and water and other domestic bills or statements for each year of your stay
National Insurance contribution records for each year of your stay or P60 forms
HM Revenue and Custom/Inland Revenue letter(s) and/or P60 statements of income tax paid
Employer(s) letter(s) confirming the dates during which you have been employed
Department for Work and Pensions letter(s) and letters or other documents from other government departments or agencies
Full birth certificate(s), ie one which shows the parents names for any of your children born in the UK
Mortgage document(s) showing any property you own in the UK and/or a letter from your landord confirming the period of your tenancy
Any other documents/details which support your application

Thanks in advance for your time.

vinny

Re: Help preparing SET - LR form

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:41 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET LR supporting documents

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:18 pm

monza wrote:Hi DO i have to provide following documents mentioned in SET LR form in section 4 Documents: even i am providing my passport with application. I have these documents but i don't want to provide extra/ unnecessary documents.

Doctor’s letter(s) showing registration for each year of your stay and lettes from hospital(s) or other local health service(s)
Council tax letter(s) or bills for each year of your stay
Gas, electricity and water and other domestic bills or statements for each year of your stay
National Insurance contribution records for each year of your stay or P60 forms
HM Revenue and Custom/Inland Revenue letter(s) and/or P60 statements of income tax paid
Employer(s) letter(s) confirming the dates during which you have been employed
Department for Work and Pensions letter(s) and letters or other documents from other government departments or agencies
Full birth certificate(s), ie one which shows the parents names for any of your children born in the UK
Mortgage document(s) showing any property you own in the UK and/or a letter from your landord confirming the period of your tenancy
Any other documents/details which support your application

Thanks in advance for your time.
If you have ALL the passports covering the 10 years, including the one you used to originally enter the UK, then these documents are NOT required. The form clearly states they are required if you have missing passport for any period you are claiming under long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

monza

Post by monza » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:43 pm

Thanks CR001, Yes I have all my passport, tickets and boarding pass.

Could you please help me to find out following,

Hi I came first time in UK on Jan 2006, and then left UK after 8 months and then return UK after one year in Sep 2007. When i left UK i had one year valid student visa and i return UK on the same visa. As i was away from UK more then 180 days i can not apply so i waited to cover that time.

First entry to UK Jan 2006
Exit from UK Sep 2006
Second entry to UK Sep 2007 - continuous till date without any trip more then 180 days and less then 540 total days out of UK.

Now 10 year coming to end in Sept 2017 (considering 10 year continues from Sept 2007) so i am preparing my application form, now i have confusion in following question,

D2. When did you first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

My application is based on 10 year continuous stay which is September 2007, but my first entry to UK was before September 2007 (First entry Jan 2006).

So i am confuse on above question what should i write? Jan 2006 or Sep 2007?

I will thankful to you guys for your clarification.

monza

Post by monza » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:58 pm

Hi Could you please advice me on above query.

Sir Murphy
Mood:

Post by Sir Murphy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:03 am

Hi,
In order to answer question D2 on SET (LR) form which states; "When did you first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based? Your date of entry to the UK on which the 10 years long residence application is base should be from September 2007, you will complete 10 years residence in the UK in "September 2017" and can apply 28 days early to your 10th year anniversary in the UK. Good luck.

monza

Post by monza » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:31 pm

Thanks for your time,

I have one more question?
Question from SET LR E13. How long have you lived in the UK?

Do i have to include my stay before September 2007 in above question?

Question from SET LR E13. Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than six months during that time.

If yes then i was out from UK for more then six month between (Sep 2006 -Sep 2007)

You advice will be appreciated.

Sir Murphy
Mood:

Post by Sir Murphy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:15 pm

Hi,
As your application will be based on September 2007 entry into the UK. Please disregard information about your previous entry in 2006 when filling the SET (LR) form . However, you can submit a cover letter with your application stating your previous entry and clearly stated on your letter that the "10 years long residence application is based on your lawful resident in the UK commencing from September 2007 to September 2017". This is my personal advice on your case, I hope the gurus and people with more knowledge can correct me if they have contrary opinion. Stay bless.

monza

Post by monza » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:37 pm

Thanks for your comments,

I am not sure completely What to answer in below question as i lived in UK more then 10 year. Should i answer based on my last 10 years only or from last 12 years. Question D2 seems clear that date of my first entry should be the base of my application which is 10 years; but how about question E13?

E13. How long have you lived in the UK?
E13. Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than six months during that time.

monza

Post by monza » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi All,

Lots of question coming by going through the form.

D15. If you have any reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom which you
have not already mentioned in your application you should do so now in the box below.

Hi i am not sure should i have to answer this or not? as my application is based on long residency
I found some one advice following reason.

I want to live in the UK on grounds of long residence to continue my life and work in the UK.

You input will be really appreciated.

monza

Post by monza » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi Could please spare few minutes in my query. I am waiting for your feedback gurus.

Sir Murphy
Mood:

Post by Sir Murphy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:40 am

D2. When did you first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based?

Please disregard the date of your previous entry in to the UK when answering this question, as your long residence application is based on the period starting from September 2007 to September 2017 (10 years).

E13. How long have you lived in the UK?

This will depend on when you want to submit your application, if you will submit SET (LR) application on or after your 10th year anniversary in the UK, you can put "10"" in the box for years and "00" in the box for month. But if you apply 28 days or less before you complete 10 years continuous resident in the UK, you can put "09" in the box for years and "11" in the box for months. In your cover letter you can give the details such as 9 years 11 months and XX days, this will depend on the date of your application.

E13. Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than six months during that time?

If you dont have any absence of more than six months between September 2007 and September 2017, you dont have to fill nor answer question this part of the question. The gurus and senior members should please correct me if am wrong as two heads is better than one.

monza

Post by monza » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:36 am

Thanks a lot for your time it is more clear now, sorry it took long to thanks you as I am out of UK due to emergency travel because of my family members death.
just for confidence I will wait for some comments from Gurus.

And also not clear on following doubt,

D15. If you have any reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom which you
have not already mentioned in your application you should do so now in the box below.

Hi i am not sure should i have to answer this or not? as my application is based on long residency
I found some one advice following reason.

I want to live in the UK on grounds of long residence to continue my life and work in the UK.

You input will be really appreciated.

Sir Murphy
Mood:

Post by Sir Murphy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:34 am

If you have any other reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the UK apart from the one stated earlier you can do so in the box provided or otherwise you can emphasise on your previous points in more details.
I hope the senior members and other gurus will give you more confidence on the right approach to answer all your questions. Best of luck.

monza

Post by monza » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:57 am

Thanks All for above clarification.

I have prepared table with my number of visas and record of entry and exit. During last 10 years i have travelled 11 times. So i thought it is bit easier for caseworker to find out the each entry and exit with page number in passport. Please see below table with two trips record, for confidentiality i have not pasted full table.

Please contribute your opening what do you think? is it ok to provide such information with covering letter?

Thanks in advance for reading.

monza

16 days gap in two visas

Post by monza » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:17 pm

Does 16 days gap in two visa will be issue for long residency ILR?
IGS visa valid from 10/09/2007 to 10/09/2008
Work permit valid from 26/09/2008 to 26/09/2013
My employer sent work permit application on 04/08/2008 before my visa expiry (10/09/2008).
I am not sure does it count as continuation in long residency or not?
Your opinion will be really appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 16 days gap in two visas

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:19 pm

No issue if you applied for a visa before the previous visa expired.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

monza

Re: 16 days gap in two visas

Post by monza » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:55 am

Thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate.

monza

Post by monza » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:06 am

monza wrote:Thanks All for above clarification.

I have prepared table with my number of visas and record of entry and exit. During last 10 years i have travelled 11 times. So i thought it is bit easier for caseworker to find out the each entry and exit with page number in passport. Please see below table with two trips record, for confidentiality i have not pasted full table.

Please contribute your opening what do you think? is it ok to provide such information with covering letter?

Thanks in advance for reading.
Do I have to calculate my absences counting backwards in 12 month cycles from the date i am intending to apply LR ILR?

monza

Tier 2 Dependant to ILR 10 year route

Post by monza » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:02 am

Hi KomalAbhi,CR001,

I have prepared entry and exit table as below and i am planning to attach with covering letter when i submit my LR ILR application.

Table removed by moderator as requested.

Only one confusion is that "Do I have to calculate my absences counting backwards in 12 month cycles from the date i am intending to apply LR ILR" ?

I am not sure the day of departure and arrival count towards absent so at the moment i have prepared two column with and without departure and arrival days.

Please refer to my original post, some how i can not send you PM message so i have posted here.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/help-prepari ... 32847.html

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:36 am

Kindly refrain from tagging your questions onto other members topic and asking them to check your original thread. It is considered rude and creates confusion when members respond. Keep ALL your questions on the same application in THIS topic, all now merged.
Only one confusion is that "Do I have to calculate my absences counting backwards in 12 month cycles from the date i am intending to apply LR ILR" ?
Yes, count backwards from date of application.
I am not sure the day of departure and arrival count towards absent so at the moment i have prepared two column with and without departure and arrival days.

Day of departure and day of arrival IS NOT COUNTED as absence days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

monza

Post by monza » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:33 pm

Thanks for your help CR0001,

I have prepared following documents for my application please correct me if i am providing unnecessary extra documents.

1. Covering letter with list of visas and travel history table
2. Old and new passport with Photocopy of each pages
3. BRP
4. Life in the UK certificate
5. NARIC – Qualification Comparability of Degree (confirming the equivalent level of bachelor degree)
6. NARC - has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English to C1 CEFR level
7. Birth certificate
8. Land registry – Property own in UK
9. Last 10 years - All employers P45, P60, Proof of employment letter
10. Last 12 years - Employment history (Earning, Tax & NI record) from HMRC
11. Last 1 year Payslips and Bank statement
12. Last 1 year Council, utility bills
13. Last 10 years – Bank statement – One statement per year

Thanks in advanced for your input.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:37 pm

1. Covering letter with list of visas and travel history table
You don't need to list your visas. HO has your full history on their system.
2. Old and new passport with Photocopy of each pages
Does this include the passport you originally entered the UK with and covering the full 10 years?
7. Birth certificate
Not needed.
8. Land registry – Property own in UK
9. Last 10 years - All employers P45, P60, Proof of employment letter
10. Last 12 years - Employment history (Earning, Tax & NI record) from HMRC
11. Last 1 year Payslips and Bank statement
12. Last 1 year Council, utility bills
13. Last 10 years – Bank statement – One statement per year
Why are you submitting all of this? It is not needed if you have the passports covering the full 10 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)