ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- 10 Year Long Residence Route Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ROHITSHAH4
India

ILR- 10 Year Long Residence Route Query

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:34 am

Hi Team,

I have few queries regarding the ILR - 10 Year long Residence Route:

I first entered the UK on 3rd June 2010 on Tier 2 ICT
My Wife's first entered the UK on 31st July 2010 on Tier 2 - Parter
My Daughter's first entered the UK on 1st June 2012 on Tier 2 ICT Long term staff child.
She was born in India and is currently 8 years old.

The current validity of all our visas is until 14th July 2020.

Early eligibility dates (28 days):
Mine: 5th May 2020
My Wife's: 2nd July 2020
My daughter: 17th April 2022 (As my daughter is 8 years old she has not completed 10 years)

Could you please help with the below queries :

1. Can I apply for all 3 of us at the same time ?
--1a. If yes, should I be applying after 2nd July 2020 ?
--1b. If no, Do I need to have first both me and my partner's ILR granted before I can apply for my daughter's ILR ?

Alternately,
2. Should I get my ILR first after 5th May 2020?
3. After I have my ILR, make combined application for my wife and daughter at the same time after 2nd July 2020 ? This is provided combining the application of the minor child is allowed ?

Please advise.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR- 10 Year Long Residence Route Query

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:25 am

SET(LR) does not have any concept of dependant so you all need to apply on your own and separately. So you better apply earlier as you will be eligible. Your child can get ILR when both parents are settled. You and your wife separately apply under SET(LR) and your child applies under SET(F)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:25 am

Hi Zimba,

Thank you for your response, that's really helpful.

Can I apply for my wife and for my daughter at the same time ? Or do I need to apply for my daughter only after both of us have got our ILR granted ?

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:41 am

They can apply at the same time but their applications are separate.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:18 am

Many thanks for your guidance. Really appreciate it.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:27 am

Couple of last queries:

1. Regarding the evidence of residence in past 10 years, other than the Visa/BRP/ Entry-Exit Stamps on the past passports, do I need to provide Bank Statements / Council Tax Statements / P60 statements?

2. Also, do I need to provide a letter from the employer regarding the approved leaves when I travelled out of the country ?

Kind regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:30 am

1. No.

2. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:23 pm

Sorry for asking again, what evidence would I need to provide for the 10 years life in the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:26 pm

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:23 pm
Sorry for asking again, what evidence would I need to provide for the 10 years life in the UK?
All your passports.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:29 pm

Thank you, really appreciate it.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:16 am

Hello Experts,

I have another query in the SET (LR) online form.

I will complete my 10 years on 3rd June 2020, and my early application date (28 days in advance) is 5th May 2020. So if I submit my application early, to anwer the below question, what should be my response:

"How long have you lived in the UK?": 9 Years, 11 months ?

Is this correct ? And as this is less than 10 years, is there a risk of my application getting rejected ?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:47 am

It is correct. Your answers on the form do NOT determine your qualifying period. Case workers do not rely on your answers for such calculation they rely on the data available on their systems :!: :!:

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:46 pm

Thank you Zimba, appreciate your response.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:18 am

Hello Experts,

Further update and some additional queries:

-I have submitted my online application on 9th May (25 days in advance).
-Standard Service was chosen as this is the only option currently available.
-No appointments available with UKVCAS

Following is the Documents Checklist:
--------------
Evidence: You should use your supporting documents checklist as a guide to what documents you need to self-upload or take to your appointment.

1. Evidence you have to prove the relationship with your wife (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years

2. Evidence you have to prove the relationship with your child/children (for example full birth certificates)

3. Document(s) showing your child/children's immigration status such as passports, biometric residence
cards, or vignettes

4. Document(s) showing your wife's immigration status such as a passport, biometric residence
card, or vignette

5. Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK

6. The passport issued

7. Current Biometric Residence Permit

8. All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or
remain in the UK
--------------

In the UKVCAS site, I get the following options in the Upload Documents:

Mandatory documents: This section has no categories nor has an option to upload any documents.

Optional documents: This section has the following categories:
Other
Residence in the UK
Finances
Proof of Business
Life Events
Medical Information
Sponsors/Employment
Proof of Identity/Travel History
Educational
Proof of Application

Please guide regarding the following Queries:
1. Do I need to upload the documents in Mandatory documents or Optional documents?
2. As there is no option to upload anything in Mandatory documents. So should this section needs to be enabled by UKVCAS?
3. Is this normal, and I should upload all of my documents in the Optional documents section itself?
4. Example - should I be uploading the Birth Certificate of my Child and my Marriage Certificate in the "Life Events" section?
5. Similar to the above example, which documents I should be uploading in which of the Optional documents section?

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:27 am

Following is the Documents Checklist:
--------------
Evidence: You should use your supporting documents checklist as a guide to what documents you need to self-upload or take to your appointment.

1. Evidence you have to prove the relationship with your wife (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years Not required.

2. Evidence you have to prove the relationship with your child/children (for example full birth certificates) Not required.

3. Document(s) showing your child/children's immigration status such as passports, biometric residence
cards, or vignettes Not required.

4. Document(s) showing your wife's immigration status such as a passport, biometric residence
card, or vignette Not required.

5. Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK

6. The passport issued

7. Current Biometric Residence Permit

8. All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or
remain in the UK
--------------
1. Do I need to upload the documents in Mandatory documents or Optional documents?
It doesn't matter.
2. As there is no option to upload anything in Mandatory documents. So should this section needs to be enabled by UKVCAS?
3. Is this normal, and I should upload all of my documents in the Optional documents section itself?
It doesn't matter as long as you upload the documents.
4. Example - should I be uploading the Birth Certificate of my Child and my Marriage Certificate in the "Life Events" section?
You do NOT need to submit these.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:49 am

Hi CR01,

Apologies for any confusion, but the document checklist is what I have got in my Set (LR) application as submitted on 9th May.

This is the PDF document that I have got with the names of my spouse and child in points no 1,2,3,4. I have removed the names in this message and kept them only limited as Wife and Child.

Hence, if I need to provide a Marriage Certificate as evidence for Document checklist point 1, and Birth Certificate for Document checklist point 2, what section should these documents be uploaded under.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 18, 2020 10:13 am

The document checklist is generic and not accurate for ilr based on long residence.

You need to follow the ho official guidance notes and not the generic checklist.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Mon May 18, 2020 10:44 am

Sorry for repeating, It is not a generic checklist I am following. I got the below checklist while submitting my online application:

>>>>>>

UK Visas & Immigration

Document Checklist
Unique Application Number: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Payment notification number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Payment amount: 2408.20 GBP
Email: XXXXXXXXXXX
Submitted date: 09 May 2020 10:38 British Summer Time (BST)
Applicant
Product name/service: Set (LR)
Applicant's full name: Mr XXXXX XXXX
Date of birth: XX XXXXX XXXX
Nationality: India

Evidence
You should use your supporting documents checklist as a guide to what documents you need to self-upload or take to your appointment.

Evidence you have to prove the relationship with Mrs XXXX XXXX (for example marriage
certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed
individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years

Proof of Mr XXXX XXXX relationship status as the married or civil partner of Mrs XXXX XXXX
Evidence you have to prove the relationship with your child / children (for example full birth certificates)
Document(s) showing your child / children's immigration status such as passports, biometric residence
cards, or vignettes

Document(s) showing Mrs XXXX XXXX's immigration status such as a passport, biometric residence
card, or vignette

Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK

The passport issued by India for Mr XXXX XXXX

Current Biometric Residence Permit Mr XXXX XXXX

All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or
remain in the UK

Note that we may occasionally ask you to provide other documents in addition to those listed.
Your application may be rejected if you do not provide all mandatory documents. If your application is rejected due to documents not being provided, it will not be considered and an administration fee for each person included in the application will be deducted from your refund.

Further actions
You have chosen the standard service. You must now book and attend an appointment with our commercial
partner to provide your documents and your biometrics (fingerprints and facial photograph). You can do this by logging back in to your application via the link in your confirmation email and continuing to our commercial partner's website from there.

You should receive a decision on your application within 6 months of submitting your on-line application. We will contact you if it will take longer to process your application.

If you have any queries, visit our website https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:17 am

My advice remains the same. NONE of that is required for ILR based on long residence. The checklist is NOT the immigration rules or official guidance notes.

You ONLY need all passports, brp, LIUK and English. Thats it, as clearly explained in the guidance notes and the rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Mon May 18, 2020 12:19 pm

Thanks CR001.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:15 pm

Hello Experts,

Further update and questions:
I applied via the SET (LR) application route on 9th May via the standard route (as priority service has been suspended). It has been 7 weeks and so far no update or communication on my application. I have been following up on the UKVCAS website about starting the service partially from 1st June onwards and expected to have more appointments from the current week onwards, I am still waiting for an email to notify me for further steps on my application.

I will be submitted my wife's application via SET (LR) in the next 2 weeks (28 days in advance) as she will be completing her 10 years on 30th July.

I have to submit my daughter's application via SET (F) as she is 8 years old and hence cannot apply via SET (LR) (as she has not yet spent 10 years in the UK).

Questions:
1. I have used my Email ID for my application, my Wife's Email ID for her application, and though based on the current scenario there is no clarity when will a decision be given to either of us, should I use a different email ID for my daughter's application or can I use either mine or my wife's email ID without invalidating our applications?

2. Once I have submitted the online application for my daughter via SET(F), is it possible to get a joint appointment for my wife and my daughter at the same time?

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:39 pm

1. You can use the same email (same UKVCAS account) and you need to enter a new UID for any new application. I think the system tells you what to do.
2. No. They are separate applications

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:36 am

Hi, I am trying to select the right category for my 8-year-old child's application.
On the website (https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y), what option should I be using please. As of now, I have not been given the decision for my own application under the category Long Residence, so can I still select "You're the family member or partner of someone who has settled in the UK" ?

>>>>>>>>

Find out if you can apply to settle in the UK
Current question
1. What's your situation?
Choose the option which describes you best. If you have a visa as the dependant of someone else, select their visa.

You're an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
You're the family member or partner of a British citizen
You're the family member or partner of someone who has settled in the UK
You have a visitor visa
You have a study visa
You have a work visa
You have a UK Ancestry visa
You have a Retired Person visa
You've been settled in the UK before
You have Discretionary Leave
You're in or have been in HM Forces
You're on the 10-year Private Life route
You've been in the UK legally for 10 years (Long Residence)
None of these

>>>>>>>>

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:59 am

HI Again.

I got this direct link for form SET(F) and it does allows using the my email ID that I have used for my existing application.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-setf