ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR long residence further checks Letter at premium centre - varied my Tier 1 Ent ext

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

acc25tax
Newly Registered

ILR long residence further checks Letter at premium centre - varied my Tier 1 Ent ext

Post by acc25tax » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:11 am

Hi Guys,

I don't normally post and am mostly a silent reader however, I find the thread to be very much relevant and thought it might be helpful for all other users if I do post my situation (pending a decision on ILR on the basis of long residency).

I varied my application for Entreprenuer Extension (applied on 1 April 2017) on 19 January 2018 at Croydon centre. After about 2 hours I was handed a letter saying that the ILR application is valid however, further checks ... (pretty standard).

I know it has not been a very long time since 19 Jan however, I have not received any refund for Ent extension of IHS. The wait is very frustrating and would appreciate if other members in the same boat can let us know when they receive any update so I can vaguely speculate a reply in my case as well.

My timeline is as follows:

1. Applied for Ent extension 1 April 2017
2. No correspondence whatsoever (not even a letter from HO) until 20 Nov 2017 to arrange for an interview on 28 November 2017. The interview went very well and the compliance officers who came were really relaxed (we did crack a few jokes)
3. No correspondence since the interview and I varied the application to ILR on 19 Jan 2018 as my first entry to the UK was on on 14 Feb 2008. Interestingly in Croydon when I was registering my case (1st step) the receptionist after he knew I was varying was himself very surprised as I had a case pending since April 2017

Finally, to clarify things a bit more... The interview was smooth sailing. They did not ask any questions which hinted any suspicion or the feel that the home office was sniffing for a wrong doing. They stuck to the standard checklist and went through the questions one by one.

Apologies for the long message and apologies to the mods if the post is in wrong thread.

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR long residence further checks Letter at premium centre - varied my Tier 1 Ent ext

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:29 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Re: ILR long residence further checks Letter at premium centre - varied my Tier 1 Ent ext

Post by acc25tax » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:34 am

Thanks for moving the post CR001

And also apologies for the mis post in the first incident

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Post by acc25tax » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

A great piece of good news just came in literally 10 mins ago from my solicitor who has received the letter from home office along with the documents that I supplied with my ILR application. The letter says bio metric card will arrive in 7 working days. This confirms the ILR has been approved.

However, the letter is very confusingly written as it does NOT mention anywhere that the application as been approved however, has the ILR application reference at the top and goes on to say that the BRP card will arrive in 7 days.

Interestingly they have returned all the documents (including my driving licence as it was kept by Home Office) and the BRP guy tried to deliver the card but the lawyer was unable to collect it.

I am happy that the application has been approved (going by the fact that it mentions the BRP card will arrive) and the docs returned are the ones I had submitted with ILR application but will hold my full blown celebrations until I have the card in my hand.

For those who don't know I varied my tier 1 ent extension to ILR by hand on 19th Jan at Croydon. I had applied for tier 1 ent extension in April 2017 and was interviewed by Home office on 28th Nov.

Interestingly none of the ent extension docs, fees or NHS fees have been returned/refunded yet and I have told my lawyer to put in an application for return of docs along with the fees.

Finally, a sincere thank you to all those who contribute to the forum and from those who I have seeked knowledge and information.

Just a quick question from the admins; The letter has the case ref of my ILR application (can see the same number on the letter I got at Croydon so is there any reason for me to doubt that its not the ILR that has been approved but the Tier 1 Entreprenuer?). I might actually sound stupid asking that

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Regards

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:03 pm

acc25tax wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:52 pm
Hi Everyone,

A great piece of good news just came in literally 10 mins ago from my solicitor who has received the letter from home office along with the documents that I supplied with my ILR application. The letter says bio metric card will arrive in 7 working days. This confirms the ILR has been approved.

However, the letter is very confusingly written as it does NOT mention anywhere that the application as been approved however, has the ILR application reference at the top and goes on to say that the BRP card will arrive in 7 days.

Interestingly they have returned all the documents (including my driving licence as it was kept by Home Office) and the BRP guy tried to deliver the card but the lawyer was unable to collect it.

I am happy that the application has been approved (going by the fact that it mentions the BRP card will arrive) and the docs returned are the ones I had submitted with ILR application but will hold my full blown celebrations until I have the card in my hand.

For those who don't know I varied my tier 1 ent extension to ILR by hand on 19th Jan at Croydon. I had applied for tier 1 ent extension in April 2017 and was interviewed by Home office on 28th Nov.

Interestingly none of the ent extension docs, fees or NHS fees have been returned/refunded yet and I have told my lawyer to put in an application for return of docs along with the fees.

Finally, a sincere thank you to all those who contribute to the forum and from those who I have seeked knowledge and information.

Just a quick question from the admins; The letter has the case ref of my ILR application (can see the same number on the letter I got at Croydon so is there any reason for me to doubt that its not the ILR that has been approved but the Tier 1 Entreprenuer?). I might actually sound stupid asking that

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Regards
Congratulations. Great news. Its definitely ILR. They wouldn't be making decision on your previous application as you have varied few weeks ago. And reference number is your ILR application reference. So just relax and enjoy.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:26 pm

congratulationssss ...u should celebrate now. this was really quick tbh... esp when ur vary your application from tier1 enterpreneur... congratulations.... good luck with your future.

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Post by acc25tax » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:21 am

Thank you everyone and I wish that all those who are waiting get positive results soon.

I am just waiting for the receipt of the bio metric card and I will let you guys know as soon as I get it in my hands!

Been waiting to get this since April 2017!

Kind regards

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:53 am

I also received that same letter. Its extremely confusing and does not give any useful information apart from "What to do if BRP does not arrive"

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Post by acc25tax » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:56 am

Hi Devin

Stupid question but it was ILR in the end yes? Haha

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:03 am

acc25tax wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:56 am
Hi Devin

Stupid question but it was ILR in the end yes? Haha
Haha. Its not a stupid question at all after I saw my letter. I heavnt received my BRP card yet but I think its ILR because the 2nd page refers to ILR. On top it says it does not convey the approval of ILR but under the heading it says you application for ILR has been appoved. The reference number on the letter is for my ILR application but they have also returnned all of my Tier 1 Entrepreneur docs. So fingures crossed. Let us know when your BRP arrives.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:49 pm

congratulationsss for your ILR..good luck for your future.

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Post by acc25tax » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

Its confirmed!
BRP received!

It is ILR!!!

As expected until 2024 (the change in bio metric data etc etc)
But yes thank God it is ILR. For those who don't know what I am on about please read above as from the letter I was not able to gather 100% that the ILR application has been approved.

Once again a huge thank you to everyone for the information they provide and the help I have gained from these forums.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Kind regards,