Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show


Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).

This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Post Reply
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:13 pm


Post by ojsii » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:18 pm


I am looking to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain. One of the requirements is English level B1 or above. I have a letter from NARIC comparing the degree to UK standard and also level of English is C1. It is dated June 2014. Would that suffice or do I need anything else from NARIC? I also read I need confirmation from my university that the qualification taught is in English. This is requirement on but not on the ILR form. Do I need this in addition to NARIC docs?


Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:48 am


Post by charmy244 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:26 pm

You can use the old naric certificates of ELA and Compatibility certificate. You will still need a letter from your university stating that your degree was taught in English. That letter must be stamped by University.

Post Reply