ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain general information?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

monita33
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain general information?

Post by monita33 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Hi there!!

I am a foreginer and I have been in a relationship with a British citizen for more than 3 years now, 2 of those living and working in the UK. My 2 year probationary period expires in late September and I need to go for the ILR process.

Does anyone know if applying in person is better than just sending the papers?
What's the process like? do they ask loads of questions?
Should I have to go with myy bf?

If I decide to go in person bcuz the process is quicker, it's likely possible that I will have to go on my own cuz my bf will be too busy to come for delivering the papers on that day, thou I'll try to convince him to come with me...
If we dont go together, will they call us later on for an interview?
If he's unable to come, should I ask him to write a letter with all his details, explaining why he couldnt join me?
Any advice? any comments?

I appreciate all the help and advice given!!!

Thank u!

vinny

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain general information?

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:48 pm

monita33 wrote: If he's unable to come, should I ask him to write a letter with all his details, explaining why he couldnt join me?
Any advice? any comments?
Yes. I think that they would need confirmation that he's in the UK and why he couldn't come with you.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.