ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78641
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:36 pm

Asad2016 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:26 pm
I have applied SET (LR) application on 18 June 2016. 24 May I received questioner. I had amendments year 10/11 & 12/13. 12 Sep 2017 I received refusal letter. Now they refused under paragraph 322(5) of the immigration rules on the basis that conduct, character and association were such that presence in the UK was undesirable. I have applied for Pre-Action Protocol. Please guide me what could be happen. Any chances to win, please guide me. Thanks
Please continue in your existing topic.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/please-guide ... l#p1540848
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Thar
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:47 am
India

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Thar » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi,

I have been following this group for a while and have found it very useful. I applied for ILR via 5 years (teir 1 general) got declined as I could not submit some documents on time. Have now applied for ILR (LR) by post on 13th September 2017. Would now like to upgrade to premium. I'm aware we have to pay around £600 again. Has anyone used this service recently? How long does it take once we request.

Many thanks

faysal_cu
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:01 pm
Bangladesh

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by faysal_cu » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:58 pm

Dear all, hope everyone doing well and enjoying summer time😀. I have a question for u guys and your advice and valuable experience will be appreciated. I came in this country in January 2007. I will be eligible to apply ilr(10 years route) on 12th dec 2016. I am single and i hv no girlfriend and i hv no intention to get married soon. I gv no refusal or any kind of trouble so Far about my visa application. My last visa valid date was 07-01-2016. On that day i apply flr (fp) and later on i varied my application with flr(fp) with new grounds. later on in august i varied the flr fp application into set o and lastly i did apply set lr early November although i was due December 2016. from then to now i am still waiting for the decision. i never been to any other category rather than student and psw. i did contact to my local mp couple of times and mp also contact home office and every time they saying its complex and takes time. now i decide to go same day service which i booked on 23rd october. i also send a letter to my current case worker to forward my file to the premium service department. Do u guys think it will be safe to do? also the issue is i am waiting almost 1 year now the thing is according to home office if u can apply british passport after applying 15 month later of ur ilr if its not ur fault of delay. nowww the question if i varied my current application to premium service do i still able to use that service for passport if my ilr granted. Thanks for reading a big post anx your comment and shared experience appreciated. Thanks you all. Thnks.

Sam00000
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:02 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Sam00000 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:17 pm

Dear friends,
I'm new in this forum.
I'm going to apply for ILR Base on 10 yrs rout.
Can you please update me what documents I need to submit?
I came in UK Oct 2007 and currently on 2.5 yrs spouse visa.
I'm going to submit:
1.Application form set LR
2. 2 photos
3. Spouse visa card
5. All passport for last 10 yrs
6. Police registration card
7. Life in the UK
8. B1 language test certificate

Do I need to submit anything else?
Many thanks in advance for your help and support.

eoo10
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by eoo10 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:42 am

:wink:
Sam00000 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:17 pm
Dear friends,
I'm new in this forum.
I'm going to apply for ILR Base on 10 yrs rout.
Can you please update me what documents I need to submit?
I came in UK Oct 2007 and currently on 2.5 yrs spouse visa.
I'm going to submit:
1.Application form set LR
2. 2 photos
3. Spouse visa card
5. All passport for last 10 yrs
6. Police registration card
7. Life in the UK
8. B1 language test certificate

Do I need to submit anything else?
Many thanks in advance for your help and support.
I believe you do not need more than you have listed.

luckyumar
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:40 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by luckyumar » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:30 pm

Hi guys  

I'm planing to apply for lLR and thinking to use premium services on basis of long residence. My 10 years will be completed on 9th Nov 2017.

A little background of my immigration history are as follows:-
First entry in UK: 9th November 2007 student visa
With subsequently extensions through out. With just One refusal switching from psw to tier 2 
Application made in time 15th June 2014 - psw visa exp on 31st July 2014. Received refusal letter on 4th August 2014 with appeal right......submitted new application within 10 days in person without exercising the right of appeal. Visa application succefull for three year. Applied for tier 2 extension in Aug 2017 - visa successfull received on 3rd Oct 2017.

My questions are if I apply for ILR on long residence what are my chances as I fall for refuse when I switch my visa from psw to tier 2?
Also please guide me what documents are required ?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78641
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:16 pm

luckyumar wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:30 pm
Hi guys  

I'm planing to apply for lLR and thinking to use premium services on basis of long residence. My 10 years will be completed on 9th Nov 2017.

A little background of my immigration history are as follows:-
First entry in UK: 9th November 2007 student visa
With subsequently extensions through out. With just One refusal switching from psw to tier 2 
Application made in time 15th June 2014 - psw visa exp on 31st July 2014. Received refusal letter on 4th August 2014 with appeal right......submitted new application within 10 days in person without exercising the right of appeal. Visa application succefull for three year. Applied for tier 2 extension in Aug 2017 - visa successfull received on 3rd Oct 2017.

My questions are if I apply for ILR on long residence what are my chances as I fall for refuse when I switch my visa from psw to tier 2?
Also please guide me what documents are required ?
You already have a topic with the exact same question. Please continue in that thread.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/10-years-lon ... l#p1545119
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Myrat
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:00 pm
Mood:
Ghana

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Myrat » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:49 pm

Hi all,

I need your opinion before I make any move.

I just realised that I could have applied for ILR when I turned 10years in UK on June 23rd. Seeing that I could have applied before, I now intend to make the application by November using the premium service as I will also be moving jobs soon. I have always been legally residence in UK with reasonable 10days holiday here and there.

I am currently on spousal visa (5year route) which will make me eligible for settlement in February but I am hoping to do it this year instead of 2017. Now my question is, can I still apply for ilr considering the fact that I am more than 28days after my 10years?

Any advice will be appreciated.

laura_ka123
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:42 pm
Russia

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications-premium upgrade

Post by laura_ka123 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Hi guys,

I have submitted my application by post and it has been acknowledged today. I have been emailing premium service to get my application upgraded. Has anyone been successful in getting their postal application upgraded to premium, and if yes how long did it take you?

Thank you in advance.

laura_ka123
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:42 pm
Russia

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by laura_ka123 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Myrat wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:49 pm
Hi all,

I need your opinion before I make any move.

I just realised that I could have applied for ILR when I turned 10years in UK on June 23rd. Seeing that I could have applied before, I now intend to make the application by November using the premium service as I will also be moving jobs soon. I have always been legally residence in UK with reasonable 10days holiday here and there.

I am currently on spousal visa (5year route) which will make me eligible for settlement in February but I am hoping to do it this year instead of 2017. Now my question is, can I still apply for ilr considering the fact that I am more than 28days after my 10years?

Any advice will be appreciated.


Of course you can. You don't have to be 10 years on the dot. As long as you have not been out of the country for more than 540 days in 10 years, you should be fine. I would still seek a solicitors advice so they can prepare a good statement but otherwise you good to go.

Thar
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:47 am
India

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Thar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:08 am

Hi Laura_ka123

I'm also planning to upgrade to premium service. Please let me know if you have been successful. From the post I read. It looks like we have to keep e-mailing the premium group everyday till they pick our application, as they only accepts 5 request per day.

saahib_ali
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:06 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by saahib_ali » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:21 am

Hi Gurus
I have been a silent reader on this forum for a long time. I am wondering that how long HO Post decision casework team is taking these days to implement the decision after appeal is allowed.

Following is my Case history:
Applied 10 years based ILR in January 2016 couple of months before completing 10 years.

Applied for ILR: ------ Jan/2016
Refusal based on early application (with right of appeal): ------ June/2016
Appealed against refusal: ------ June/2016
Received hearing date (25/07/2017) : ------ Jan/2017
Attended hearing: ------ 25/07/2017
Appeal allowed based on Article 8 grounds (human rights & private life): ------ 07/08/2017
Determination received: ------ 08/08/2017
Received letter from HO Post-Decision Casework Team: ------ 27/09/2017
This letter stated that " Ho office is not going to appeal against the court decision and we are going to implement court decision ASAP and if required we will contact you for more documents".

No correspondence after that. Still waiting for the documents.

Can anyone please tell me how long does the Post-Decision casework team take to implement and send visa and passport back.
Anyone have had or have similar situation?

learner29
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by learner29 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi
I need some help as to why I am not able to see any result when I use online application status checker on the home office site. It always comes up with theresult " Reference number not recognised ". Even used references from previous applications.

I posted my application last year on 20 September 2016 for SET (LR). After biometrics was done, I received a letter from Home Office asking for some additional documents within 2 weeks. Which I posted without any delay. then in Feb 2017 received that complex issues letter. I never called Home Office to check the status of my application. Shall I call them to get an update.

Thanks

eoo10
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by eoo10 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:57 pm

learner29 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:15 pm
Hi
I need some help as to why I am not able to see any result when I use online application status checker on the home office site. It always comes up with theresult " Reference number not recognised ". Even used references from previous applications.

I posted my application last year on 20 September 2016 for SET (LR). After biometrics was done, I received a letter from Home Office asking for some additional documents within 2 weeks. Which I posted without any delay. then in Feb 2017 received that complex issues letter. I never called Home Office to check the status of my application. Shall I call them to get an update.

Thanks
Hi,

Calling the UKVI will not be helpful at all, I think you should now involve your MP. I wish you all the best.

KeyvanRRR
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:01 pm
Iran

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by KeyvanRRR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:25 pm

DearAll,


I am going to apply for ILR base on long residency next week.
I enter UK on October 2007 on student visa, switch to PSW on 2011 then switch to Tier1 Entrepreneur on March 2013 and extended my Tier 1 leave on May 2016.
My current leave expire on May 2018.

I have all the requirements, I run my own business from 2012 and my two children born here in the UK and going to Nursery.
The only problem is I am exceeding 540 by 120 day I have been out of country for 640 days,
My longest absence happened at the very first time when I left the UK for my wedding in my home country which was 126 day that cover my 120 exceeding days.
As I said I have in person appointment for next week and looking for any advice.
Do I go ahead with my application.
what documents you think would be helpful.

User avatar
Zimba
Moderator
Posts: 14495
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: UK
Mood:

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Zimba » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:52 pm

KeyvanRRR wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:25 pm
DearAll,


I am going to apply for ILR base on long residency next week.
I enter UK on October 2007 on student visa, switch to PSW on 2011 then switch to Tier1 Entrepreneur on March 2013 and extended my Tier 1 leave on May 2016.
My current leave expire on May 2018.

I have all the requirements, I run my own business from 2012 and my two children born here in the UK and going to Nursery.
The only problem is I am exceeding 540 by 120 day I have been out of country for 640 days,
My longest absence happened at the very first time when I left the UK for my wedding in my home country which was 126 day that cover my 120 exceeding days.
As I said I have in person appointment for next week and looking for any advice.
Do I go ahead with my application.
what documents you think would be helpful.
Stick to your own topic: indefinite-leave-to-remain/long-residen ... 41673.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Moon84
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:53 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Moon84 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:05 am

wahabishtiaq wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 11:47 am
Hi,
Hope all is well, just want to ask if anyone has replied to HO on child welfare and tax questionnaire letters? Especially how did you responded to that, what documents you sourced from doctor or school. Please advise.

Many Thanks
Hi Wahab,
Sorry to hear your refusal could you please explain more about your PAP. your solicitor try to get inside appeal for you or just apply JR like Tier1 general cases and how long it will take, what advise your solicitor give you if you apply PAP will your bank account or any mortgage if you have and your driving licences will remain active and what advise he gave you about your wife case. thank you in advance.

rms115
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:08 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by rms115 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:40 am

Hello Friends,

I am here to share a good news with all friends I have received my ILR Documents today and Card is on its way will receive very soon.
Applied on sept. 2016 10 years base, no tax changes in my tier 1 history.
Questioners: may 2017
Replied in end of May with all tax documents
MP contacted on 25th Sept. 2017
Online Status Decided 16 Oct 2017 (Never found any other status online It s appear on 16th Oct only)
Approval letter and Documents Received: 20th Oct 2017
Bio Card Waiting...

I am very very thankful to Immigration board and all the members and friends in this painful and stressful journey providing a help and support. I wish all the friends who are waiting for their result will receive their positive result. Thank you guys once again.

eoo10
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by eoo10 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:13 pm

rms115 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:40 am
Hello Friends,

I am here to share a good news with all friends I have received my ILR Documents today and Card is on its way will receive very soon.
Applied on sept. 2016 10 years base, no tax changes in my tier 1 history.
Questioners: may 2017
Replied in end of May with all tax documents
MP contacted on 25th Sept. 2017
Online Status Decided 16 Oct 2017 (Never found any other status online It s appear on 16th Oct only)
Approval letter and Documents Received: 20th Oct 2017
Bio Card Waiting...

I am very very thankful to Immigration board and all the members and friends in this painful and stressful journey providing a help and support. I wish all the friends who are waiting for their result will receive their positive result. Thank you guys once again.

Congratulations rms115, please do enjoy your hard earned freedom in the UK.

mickey007
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:52 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by mickey007 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi All,

Has anyone(SET(LR) applicant) received ILR in 2017 with tax amendments in the past?
Kindly share your application details?

Also anyone who were refused due to tax amendments, please share their story as well?
What were refusal grounds?
what they did after refusal?
What was the outcome of judicial review, appeal or admin review?

I look forward to hearing from the friendly members here.

Best Regards
Mick

Hussain1122
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:01 pm
United Arab Emirates

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Hussain1122 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi Please help. i am in the process to apply for my wife ILR on ten years long residence Basis currently she got spouse visa but her ten years her completed my question is,.. is she need to pay Health surcharges For SET LR or she only need health surcharge reference Number. can you kindly help how to get IHS reference number without paying is there any option. kindly explain. your help will be high appreciated.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78641
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:20 pm

Hussain1122 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:18 pm
Hi Please help. i am in the process to apply for my wife ILR on ten years long residence Basis currently she got spouse visa but her ten years her completed my question is,.. is she need to pay Health surcharges For SET LR or she only need health surcharge reference Number. can you kindly help how to get IHS reference number without paying is there any option. kindly explain. your help will be high appreciated.
IHS is NOT payable for ILR and she DOES NOT require an IHS number either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hussain1122
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:01 pm
United Arab Emirates

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Hussain1122 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:20 pm
Hussain1122 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:18 pm
Hi Please help. i am in the process to apply for my wife ILR on ten years long residence Basis currently she got spouse visa but her ten years her completed my question is,.. is she need to pay Health surcharges For SET LR or she only need health surcharge reference Number. can you kindly help how to get IHS reference number without paying is there any option. kindly explain. your help will be high appreciated.
IHS is NOT payable for ILR and she DOES NOT require an IHS number either.
Thank you very much for your kind help

Kay2323
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:21 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Kay2323 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:56 pm

mickey007 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:02 pm
Hi All,

Has anyone(SET(LR) applicant) received ILR in 2017 with tax amendments in the past?
Kindly share your application details?

Also anyone who were refused due to tax amendments, please share their story as well?
What were refusal grounds?
what they did after refusal?
What was the outcome of judicial review, appeal or admin review?

I look forward to hearing from the friendly members here.

Best Regards
Mick
Hi Mickey,

I am in a same situation. First application was premium for Set LR in August 2016. Refused due to amendments in 2010-2011.

Reapplied September 2016 by post
Got amendments done with HMRC in 5 months and paying in Instalments
Till May received auto replies from UKVi. Since then no interview letter, No questioner, no complex letter nothing what so ever.
Involved MP in First week of September but no reply from MP as well and pending more then 13th months......Seriously it has become like a virtual prison, cant change job, wife cant work, cant get 15 hrs free early education for my 21 months old toddler....Well i understand those taxes were supposed to be submitted in that particular year but is HO going to penalise us for it though HMRC accepted it and we understood our mistakes and suffered so far. Sometimes really wonder was it worth living on this island for more then 11 years and still treated as immigrants.

Guys, anybody got any updates please spare few minutes......

Sam00000
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:02 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Sam00000 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:26 am

Hi guys.

I'm going to apply Ilr next month and booked the appointment in Liverpool 22.11.2017.
I just wanted to know can I use my B1 language certificate which is already expired but used it twice to get Flrm visa 3 years ago and 6 months ago?

Many thanks for your help.

Locked
cron