ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Medium of Instruction letter from Mumbai university

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ramudada
BANNED
India

Medium of Instruction letter from Mumbai university

Post by ramudada » Tue May 05, 2020 11:21 am

Hi,

I will be applying for ILR by end of this year. One of the document required is to prove English proficiency for which I need to get letter from Mumbai university from where I passed my Bachelor degree in 1995. Can anyone guide me process to obtain the same.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Medium of Instruction letter from Mumbai university

Post by CR001 » Tue May 05, 2020 11:26 am

Why not simply do the B1 English test?? It is easier and costs the same as UKVI NARIC assessment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ramudada
BANNED
India

Post by ramudada » Thu May 07, 2020 10:03 am

I dont have time to study for B1 exam hence going with other route . Please help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 07, 2020 10:08 am

ramudada wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:03 am
I dont have time to study for B1 exam hence going with other route . Please help
There is nothing to study for. It is a 10 to 20 minute test!!

You will need to contact your university directly for the document and then apply for ukvi red route naric, which costs the same as the B1 English test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu May 07, 2020 1:08 pm

And, you may actually take more time to arrange for the documents, scan & upload them into NARIC.
Taking B1 test is the simplest option.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu May 07, 2020 4:16 pm

In my view since all the test centres & UKVCAS are closed so better to keep trying both options and if you get that letter more swiftly from university of Mumbai then may consider NARIC who are still working remotely. However, if your bachelor degree wasn't a honours degree or covered 3-4 years then don't waste time and simply book the English test.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu May 07, 2020 4:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:08 am
ramudada wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:03 am
There is nothing to study for. It is a 10 to 20 minute test!!

You will need to contact your university directly for the document and then apply for ukvi red route naric, which costs the same as the B1 English test.
To add to CR001's points, it is only a speaking and listening B1 test. There is no reading and writing test that is required, to the best of my knowledge.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

BiochemFem

Post by BiochemFem » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:15 pm

Just want to rant a little bit about NARIC. It is a highly unreliable service and total waste of time. I regret using this instead of just giving a simple B1 test which is cheaper and hassle free.

NARIC insisted I upload a medium of instruction letter for my PhD degree stating my ‘Phd was entirely and solely in english’ when my letter already stated ‘all coursework in PhD was taught in english’. If you land up with a foolish case worker they will not listen to any reasoning and will decline documents saying it doesn’t meet Home office requirements. So if you really want to got through the Naric route make sure you get your University to type out a letter verbatim from the NARIC sample letter- i did ask my Univ to copy their words exactly but they (not entirely wrong) insisted the only language aspect in my phd was coursework which was in english so that’s what they put in the letter- science experiments don’t have a language!