ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(LR) - Prove relationship

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jkanpak123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

SET(LR) - Prove relationship

Post by jkanpak123 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:08 pm

Hi Zimba,

I am in the same situation with my ilr application (Set LR) filled. I am a dependant on tier 2 myself and have son who is 3 months old. I am pakistani but has been in uk for last 10 years. In filling out the form set LR, the document list asks for my sons immigration status, biometric or vignette. I have not applied for my sons passport (pakistani) yet. What shall I do? Pkz help

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Re: SET(LR) - Prove relationship

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:01 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jkanpak123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by jkanpak123 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:31 pm

Thanks for your reply.

One last thing, the ILR form asks about the chil'd nationality. we (both parents) are pakistani nationals but have just applied for the baby's Pakistani ID card and baby's Pakistani passport application will be applied after we get the baby's pakistani ID card. In this situation, what shall we write for baby's nationality. The baby is born 3 months back in UK. Neither parent has got ILR as I am the first one to apply for ILR.

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:57 pm

Your child has your nationality
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jkanpak123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by jkanpak123 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:15 am

Thanks a lot Zimba for your help and advise.

One last question, in my last entry clearance, i forgot to mention one 3 day trip to france. I got the entry clearance. As I am planing to apply for ilr set LR , i will be mentioning that trip. Will it affect my ilr application as i failed to mention that trip details in my last entry clearance.

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:39 am

There is no need to declare travels for an entry clearance :?

jkanpak123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by jkanpak123 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:44 am

sorry, i put it incorrectly. I applied for my visa extension from within uk and forgot the france trip details. However, i got the visa extension.
Will it effect my this ILR set LR application as I will be mentioning that trip here but forgot the previous trip details in my last visa extension.
regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:25 am

jkanpak123 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:44 am
sorry, i put it incorrectly. I applied for my visa extension from within uk and forgot the france trip details. However, i got the visa extension.
Will it effect my this ILR set LR application as I will be mentioning that trip here but forgot the previous trip details in my last visa extension.
regards
There is NO REQUIREMENT at all to declare travels when you apply for any visa. It is only at the ILR stage that this is asked. I am not sure what you are referring to or concerned about :?

jkanpak123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by jkanpak123 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:25 am

Actually they asked about my travel history in previous entry clearance.

I managed to get the super priority now for the ilr set LR but would request clarification on:-

1) they r asking for the child passport who is newborn 3 months old born in UK and has not got any passport/id/visa?

2) they r asking for correspondence for my wife and me at the same address + proof of marriage?

What shall I do? I have a continuous 10 year lawful living in the UK and am currently a tier 2 dependant and has filled set LR.

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:10 am

jkanpak123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by jkanpak123 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:17 pm

In the document check list, shall i not tick the boxes then for which I am not submitting the documents [child, wife documents for ILR set LR). The document checklist is generated when i submitted the application. Does this document need to be submitted as well with the rest?
regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:27 pm

No

jkanpak123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by jkanpak123 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:14 am

I have my biometric on tuesday.

one last question as i am very nervous. They r asking for all previous passports. i am applying for ILR set LR since i am in UK from Oct 2011. I was in uk in 2008-2010 but have not got the passport for that time period.
what shall I do. I have 3 passports since october 2011 with me.

regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:55 am

jkanpak123 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:14 am
I have my biometric on tuesday.

one last question as i am very nervous. They r asking for all previous passports. i am applying for ILR set LR since i am in UK from Oct 2011. I was in uk in 2008-2010 but have not got the passport for that time period.
what shall I do. I have 3 passports since october 2011 with me.

regards
It appears the 3 you have covers the period you are basing your ILR LR on if so you should be OK.
Can explain what happened to the passport that is not in your possession.

jkanpak123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by jkanpak123 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:04 am

It might be somewhere in the house but have been searching for it for a few days now and still no clue.

My mom saw it a couple of weeks back but she does not remember where.

the first entry of this 10 year of Set LR is on the passport I have with me. but as it was a long gap of jan 2010 until october 2011, the previous passport is significant or not , i am not sure. i left the uk in jan 2010 and came back in 2011 october.

If i found it, do u recommend submitting it by taking it with me to the appointment. as i have uploaded the rest of the passport pages.

kindly reply

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:15 am

The old passport is not relevant
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:11 am

jkanpak123 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:04 am
It might be somewhere in the house but have been searching for it for a few days now and still no clue.

My mom saw it a couple of weeks back but she does not remember where.

the first entry of this 10 year of Set LR is on the passport I have with me. but as it was a long gap of jan 2010 until october 2011, the previous passport is significant or not , i am not sure. i left the uk in jan 2010 and came back in 2011 october.

If i found it, do u recommend submitting it by taking it with me to the appointment. as i have uploaded the rest of the passport pages. No, as previously stated, the period of 10years the application you have in progress is based on are documented in the passports you have at hand so the missing one unavailability will pose no problem.

kindly reply