Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Emraan
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:32 pm
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Emraan » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Love_GB wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:06 am

Thank you so much Emraan for sharing your timeline and my congratulation to you on getting your ILR , I agree with you this forum is very helpful and moderators are doing lots of efforts to keep it in the way we see it ,
Emraan /I do not understand why you sent your payslips, i asked a lawyer about the work and she told me there was no need to send anything related to work as it would be not helpful in this route SET (P),
what you mean by Uni confirmation letter,
Thanks brother, indeed I was a bit nervous etc but this form kept me calm and move on with life.

I sent out payslips just to be on a safer side becuase I was sending my bank statements too so it had money coming into my account. Uni confrimation was just a letter to show that j am a full time student so my job is just a part time. I did it becuase I didn't wanted them to send me a letter after months to say we need this letter or that letter etc... It worked so it was cool I got everything sorted out quicker.

Love_GB
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:36 am
Mood:

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Love_GB » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:20 pm

Emraan wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:57 pm
Love_GB wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:06 am

Thank you so much Emraan for sharing your timeline and my congratulation to you on getting your ILR , I agree with you this forum is very helpful and moderators are doing lots of efforts to keep it in the way we see it ,
Emraan /I do not understand why you sent your payslips, i asked a lawyer about the work and she told me there was no need to send anything related to work as it would be not helpful in this route SET (P),
what you mean by Uni confirmation letter,
Thanks brother, indeed I was a bit nervous etc but this form kept me calm and move on with life.

I sent out payslips just to be on a safer side becuase I was sending my bank statements too so it had money coming into my account. Uni confrimation was just a letter to show that j am a full time student so my job is just a part time. I did it becuase I didn't wanted them to send me a letter after months to say we need this letter or that letter etc... It worked so it was cool I got everything sorted out quicker.
thank you Emraan,
i wish you all the best

Coolstuff
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:19 pm
Pakistan

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Coolstuff » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:28 pm

Hello everyone i am new here but have been a silent observer of this board, this is a great platform and really gives hope& information to people and something to look forward too.
i am sorry if this issue has already been discussed or if i have missed it...can one of the moderator please shed some light on this ..
I am due to apply for my ILR SET P in July 2019 ( Expires in August 2019).
My wife is here on spouse Visa(FLR M) not on the SET P route. (Expires May 2020)
We have been blessed with our first baby girl 18 days ago we have finalized her Birth certificate and everything.
now in terms of her Immigration status .. we need some help..i.e

1. Do we just wait till i apply for my ILR SET P in July 2019 and add her as my dependent and not do anything till then?

2. Now i am pretty sure i cannot apply for her own Pakistani Passport from Embassy here in the U.K as i am not supposed to have any connection or anything with Pakistani embassy according to my Refugee visa conditions or can i do that ?

3. If we apply for her Pakistani passport can she just stay here without visa till my wife applies for her extension in May 2020 and add her in the application or till i put her as my dependent in July 2019 ?

4.Do we need to inform HO about the baby and ask her to grant her refugee status too till i apply for her ILR set P with me ?

5.Or should i wait till i get my ILR and then apply for her to get British nationality directly ?

Really sorry for the long post , but any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Love_GB
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:36 am
Mood:

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Love_GB » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:23 am

Coolstuff wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:28 pm
Hello everyone i am new here but have been a silent observer of this board, this is a great platform and really gives hope& information to people and something to look forward too.
i am sorry if this issue has already been discussed or if i have missed it...can one of the moderator please shed some light on this ..
I am due to apply for my ILR SET P in July 2019 ( Expires in August 2019).
My wife is here on spouse Visa(FLR M) not on the SET P route. (Expires May 2020)
We have been blessed with our first baby girl 18 days ago we have finalized her Birth certificate and everything.
now in terms of her Immigration status .. we need some help..i.e

1. Do we just wait till i apply for my ILR SET P in July 2019 and add her as my dependent and not do anything till then?

2. Now i am pretty sure i cannot apply for her own Pakistani Passport from Embassy here in the U.K as i am not supposed to have any connection or anything with Pakistani embassy according to my Refugee visa conditions or can i do that ?

3. If we apply for her Pakistani passport can she just stay here without visa till my wife applies for her extension in May 2020 and add her in the application or till i put her as my dependent in July 2019 ?

4.Do we need to inform HO about the baby and ask her to grant her refugee status too till i apply for her ILR set P with me ?

5.Or should i wait till i get my ILR and then apply for her to get British nationality directly ?

Really sorry for the long post , but any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Hello Coolstuff,
I was hoping one of the most experienced people here would answer your questions. From my own experience ; my son was born after I had been granted the Refugee state , what I did was to write a letter to the HO asking for leave to remain for my son ,and I attached with the letter; my refugee state approval letter , my BRP , his birth certificate and two photos , my son was granted limited leave to remain aligned with the expiry date of my BRP ,
Do not forget to sign the letter sent to the HO.
hope this will help ,
love_GB

Coolstuff
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:19 pm
Pakistan

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Coolstuff » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:30 am

Love_GB wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:23 am
Coolstuff wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:28 pm
Hello everyone i am new here but have been a silent observer of this board, this is a great platform and really gives hope& information to people and something to look forward too.
i am sorry if this issue has already been discussed or if i have missed it...can one of the moderator please shed some light on this ..
I am due to apply for my ILR SET P in July 2019 ( Expires in August 2019).
My wife is here on spouse Visa(FLR M) not on the SET P route. (Expires May 2020)
We have been blessed with our first baby girl 18 days ago we have finalized her Birth certificate and everything.
now in terms of her Immigration status .. we need some help..i.e

1. Do we just wait till i apply for my ILR SET P in July 2019 and add her as my dependent and not do anything till then?

2. Now i am pretty sure i cannot apply for her own Pakistani Passport from Embassy here in the U.K as i am not supposed to have any connection or anything with Pakistani embassy according to my Refugee visa conditions or can i do that ?

3. If we apply for her Pakistani passport can she just stay here without visa till my wife applies for her extension in May 2020 and add her in the application or till i put her as my dependent in July 2019 ?

4.Do we need to inform HO about the baby and ask her to grant her refugee status too till i apply for her ILR set P with me ?

5.Or should i wait till i get my ILR and then apply for her to get British nationality directly ?

Really sorry for the long post , but any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Hello Coolstuff,
I was hoping one of the most experienced people here would answer your questions. From my own experience ; my son was born after I had been granted the Refugee state , what I did was to write a letter to the HO asking for leave to remain for my son ,and I attached with the letter; my refugee state approval letter , my BRP , his birth certificate and two photos , my son was granted limited leave to remain aligned with the expiry date of my BRP ,
Do not forget to sign the letter sent to the HO.
hope this will help ,
love_GB



Thankyou so much Love_GB i will do that right away. All the best to everyone who is waiting and whoever is yet to apply.

rami_noon
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:27 am

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by rami_noon » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:56 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone applied mid June and received the approval letter yet?

Thanks,
Rami

Love_GB
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:36 am
Mood:

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Love_GB » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:03 pm

rami_noon wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:56 pm
Hi all,

Has anyone applied mid June and received the approval letter yet?

Thanks,
Rami
hello rami_noon,
I applied Mid of July and I've been waiting since then , I got an email last month about the progress of the application and it was being still under consideration ,
wish the best to all of us

Love_GB
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:36 am
Mood:

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Love_GB » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:06 pm

Coolstuff wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:30 am
Love_GB wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:23 am
Coolstuff wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:28 pm
Hello everyone i am new here but have been a silent observer of this board, this is a great platform and really gives hope& information to people and something to look forward too.
i am sorry if this issue has already been discussed or if i have missed it...can one of the moderator please shed some light on this ..
I am due to apply for my ILR SET P in July 2019 ( Expires in August 2019).
My wife is here on spouse Visa(FLR M) not on the SET P route. (Expires May 2020)
We have been blessed with our first baby girl 18 days ago we have finalized her Birth certificate and everything.
now in terms of her Immigration status .. we need some help..i.e

1. Do we just wait till i apply for my ILR SET P in July 2019 and add her as my dependent and not do anything till then?

2. Now i am pretty sure i cannot apply for her own Pakistani Passport from Embassy here in the U.K as i am not supposed to have any connection or anything with Pakistani embassy according to my Refugee visa conditions or can i do that ?

3. If we apply for her Pakistani passport can she just stay here without visa till my wife applies for her extension in May 2020 and add her in the application or till i put her as my dependent in July 2019 ?

4.Do we need to inform HO about the baby and ask her to grant her refugee status too till i apply for her ILR set P with me ?

5.Or should i wait till i get my ILR and then apply for her to get British nationality directly ?

Really sorry for the long post , but any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Hello Coolstuff,
I was hoping one of the most experienced people here would answer your questions. From my own experience ; my son was born after I had been granted the Refugee state , what I did was to write a letter to the HO asking for leave to remain for my son ,and I attached with the letter; my refugee state approval letter , my BRP , his birth certificate and two photos , my son was granted limited leave to remain aligned with the expiry date of my BRP ,
Do not forget to sign the letter sent to the HO.
hope this will help ,
love_GB



Thankyou so much Love_GB i will do that right away. All the best to everyone who is waiting and whoever is yet to apply.
Hello Hello Coolstuff,
you are welcome, but i recommend you asking a solicitor or someone with knowledge on immigration rules , what I told you in my previous reply was from my own experience but see if you could get different opinion or advice,
thanks

rami_noon
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:27 am

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by rami_noon » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:34 pm

Love_GB wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:03 pm
rami_noon wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:56 pm
Hi all,

Has anyone applied mid June and received the approval letter yet?

Thanks,
Rami
hello rami_noon,
I applied Mid of July and I've been waiting since then , I got an email last month about the progress of the application and it was being still under consideration ,
wish the best to all of us
Thanks Love_GB. good luck for all of us!

PPTP
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:15 am
Mood:
Madagascar

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by PPTP » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:58 am

Some people may noticed my posts previously. I had a delay from HO. However my timeline is:

Applied 19 Feb 2018 by post
Received BRP 17.09.2018 (finally)

Total process nearly 7 months.
Thank you to everyone and good luck!

User avatar
salsabeel
Member of Standing
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:35 pm

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by salsabeel » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:29 am

PPTP wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:58 am
Some people may noticed my posts previously. I had a delay from HO. However my timeline is:

Applied 19 Feb 2018 by post
Received BRP 17.09.2018 (finally)

Total process nearly 7 months.
Thank you to everyone and good luck!
congrates.
no metter how long it takes if there is fruitfull end.
enjoye ur freedom
إِنَّ اللّهَ مَعَ الصَّابِرِينَ
pray for kashmir
SALSABEEL

Rimjimrupa
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:25 am
Bangladesh

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Rimjimrupa » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:28 am

Hi salsabil congratulations for your achievements.i just want to know did you receive any email from Home office when they were processing your application? Like any kind of monthly updates?

User avatar
salsabeel
Member of Standing
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:35 pm

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by salsabeel » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:43 am

Rimjimrupa wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:28 am
Hi salsabil congratulations for your achievements.i just want to know did you receive any email from Home office when they were processing your application? Like any kind of monthly updates?
hellow,
nope,i did not receive any updates/email on monthly bases never ever just i received my
acknowledgment letter with my right of work and stay in uk along with finger prints letter .so u dont need to worry about it as i were so called HO who confirmed also not everyone
getting emails/updates.it depends on caseworker and their method of process who deal with u.hope it helps.so put ur mind on rest and all the best.
إِنَّ اللّهَ مَعَ الصَّابِرِينَ
pray for kashmir
SALSABEEL

Love_GB
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:36 am
Mood:

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Love_GB » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:39 pm

PPTP wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:58 am
Some people may noticed my posts previously. I had a delay from HO. However my timeline is:

Applied 19 Feb 2018 by post
Received BRP 17.09.2018 (finally)

Total process nearly 7 months.
Thank you to everyone and good luck!
Hello PPTP,
congratulation on getting your ILR, I know waiting is always hard and it is associated with bad thoughts and thinking of what would happen if worst scenario had to come.. but at the end you have got what you've been hoping for..
were there any reasons to the 7-month delay.

Rimjimrupa
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:25 am
Bangladesh

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Rimjimrupa » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:41 pm

Hi Salsabeel Thankyou for your kind information

rami_noon
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:27 am

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by rami_noon » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:44 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone applied mid June and received the approval letter yet? i applied on 16th June and did the biometrics and everything. i was expecting - based on people's experiences and timelines shared here in the forum - to receive the approval letter last week. yet still nothing. just waiting!

Thanks,
Rami

RK3285
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:43 am
Wales

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by RK3285 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:39 pm

Hi CR001,

Can someone call their fiance over from the country they seek protection from???

Thanks

Love_GB
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:36 am
Mood:

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Love_GB » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:41 pm

rami_noon wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:44 pm
Hi all,

Has anyone applied mid June and received the approval letter yet? i applied on 16th June and did the biometrics and everything. i was expecting - based on people's experiences and timelines shared here in the forum - to receive the approval letter last week. yet still nothing. just waiting!

Thanks,
Rami
Hello rami_noon,
I think there is no timeline standard you can follow , it is just rough estimate, have you got any emails about the progress of the application.
I applied 16th of July a month after you and so far I've received an acknowledgement email and a progress email , I expect another email tomorrow or after tomorrow.
No worries mate , everything will be fine and you should get your approval letter soon,
The Very Best of Luck to All of US......

dydx
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:46 am
Mood:

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by dydx » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:58 am

RK3285 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:39 pm
Hi CR001,

Can someone call their fiance over from the country they seek protection from???

Thanks

Yes... you can. There are two routes depending on when your relationship was formed.

1) Family Reunion(SET 10) - if your relationship was formed before your got protection.
2) Post-flight (SET18) - if you relation is formed after your protection.

Fiance..? I am not sure if they accept that. I brought my wife to the UK after my protection (post-flight). We got married 2 years after my protection. The application was straightforward. The conditions are similar to a British citizen bringing in a foreign partner. You need to show you are working and have accommodation. So payslips and evidence of your relationship (marriage certificate, pictures etc) are key. Good luck.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 66281
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:02 am

RK3285 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:39 pm
Hi CR001,

Can someone call their fiance over from the country they seek protection from???

Thanks
As you already hold ILR, you must apply for a fiance visa and meet the requirements. Please post your fiance visa questions in the Immigration for Family members sub forum. You have been asked before NOT to post non Set P questions in this topic, as Set P is ONLY for ILR queries!!!

immigration-for-family-members/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Post Reply
cron