ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR granted March 2019 - my experience

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

khy
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Tier 2 to ILR granted March 2019 - my experience

Post by khy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:58 pm

Hi everyone

I have just received my ILR through Tier 2 route. I’d like to share my experience here as I learned a lot from this forum. I read some negative experience on this forum but my experience was actually very good.

Route: Tier 2 (changed employer once in between) to ILR
Application: Super priority service

Online application:
The application was submitted online on the 1st of March. Got an email confirming the payment and asked me to book my appointment on UKVI. The only available date in Croydon was on 11th March so I booked it.

I uploaded all the document on the UKVI website before the appointment.

Documents provided:
I only provided the documents that were listed in the application. There is no point of overcomplicating the application I think.

1. Declaration to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks (You will see this after you make the payment.)
2. Life in the UK Test PASS certificate
3. Master’s degree certificate
4. Personal bank statements for the past 3 months
5. Latest 2 months of payslip
6. Letter from the previous employer confirming the previous employment and absence (Business Trips & paid annual holidays)
7. Letter from current employer confirming SOC code, annual salary, continued employment, and absence (Business Trips & paid annual holidays)
8. Cover letter to listing all the absences for the past five years, details of my two Tier 2 BRPs and a list of documents that I submitted with the application.
9. Current and old Biometric residence permit
10. Passport

Process on the day fo appointment:
My appointment was at 10:30 am on 11th March. There was a short queue to get into the Croydon centre, where they checked my passport and the appointment confirmation letter. I arrived at 10:28 am.

Once I got in, the lady gave me a number for registering BRP and I waited to be called. The BRP process is all digitised now and the instruction was very clear on the system. Once the BRP is done, waited to provide my documents.

The lady who processed my documents only checked my passport as I’ve uploaded all the documents beforehand. She scanned all the pages on my passports even though I’ve uploaded them. Because the quality of images that I uploaded was good, she didn’t even ask for the original documents. She checked all the uploaded documents and that was it.

She said usually you will get an email to confirm the application result about 24 hours later and then you will receive a letter and your new BRP through the post.

I left the centre around 11:15 am.

After the day:
Received an email confirming the leave is granted the next day (12th March) around 12:15 pm. (Yay!)

Received a letter that was supposed to return my documents on 14th March. I didn’t hand in any documents on the appointment day so this letter was kind of redundant. Later that day, I received my BRP.

As I said, the process was smooth for me. The lady also told me that the feedback they received for this service was very positive. So wish everyone luck! :)

Sachin Raja
India

Re: Tier 2 to ILR Documents needed to upload

Post by Sachin Raja » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

Looking at your post i think i am overdoing the stuff, Kindly can any one advice as i am due to go for my appointment on 1st July.

I have uploaded the following documents already just wondering if have to delete any will await your kindly and timely reply ASAP

1) Life in the UK Pass result
2) SELT B1 English test result
3) Current BRP
4) Passport - front and back
5) Employer letter stating the SOC code and the need for foreseeable future
6) Letter from previous employers for my absences from the UK
7) Signed consent form declaration
8) Latest payslip
9) Latest Bank statement to reflect the pay
10) Document checklist from
11) My address proof Driving licence

In addition i have scanned in the following papers

1) Accommodation proof for the last 5 years accommodations bills
2) Utility Bills
3) Last five years salary slips
4) p45 for the last 5 years
6) p60 for the last 5 years
7) previous home office case ID numbers
8) All bank communication letters as my address proof for the last 5 years
9) My NHS doctors letters
10) My travel history - letters from the previous employers
11) Past 5 years letters from the HMRC
[/u][/i][/b]

Now my questions are
1) Do i need to keep the second set of additional documents or should i just delete them to avoid making my application 'complex' i am a bit worried. I mean the documents i highlighted above in the bold and italic

2) Do i need to furnish my degree certificate i see no where a need for that being mentioned however i can see that most of you all have submitted the same. I hold a bachelors in medicine and masters as well from an Indian university and MRCS form the UK

3) Regarding the Cover letter again i have not seen this being mentioned anywhere so i am totally oblivious about this concept. Kindly can you guide me what to mention in the cover letter and the points to be written in the same

4) the previous question regarding the photograph, do i need to take one or two or X number of copies?

I am eagerly awaiting your reply at the earliest please to help me out of this situation.

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 to ILR Documents needed to upload

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:17 pm

Sachin Raja wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:15 pm
Hi Everyone,

Looking at your post i think i am overdoing the stuff, Kindly can any one advice as i am due to go for my appointment on 1st July.

I have uploaded the following documents already just wondering if have to delete any will await your kindly and timely reply ASAP

1) Life in the UK Pass result
2) SELT B1 English test result
3) Current BRP
4) Passport - front and back
5) Employer letter stating the SOC code and the need for foreseeable future
6) Letter from previous employers for my absences from the UK
7) Signed consent form declaration
8) Latest payslip
9) Latest Bank statement to reflect the pay
10) Document checklist from
11) My address proof Driving licence

In addition i have scanned in the following papers

1) Accommodation proof for the last 5 years accommodations bills
2) Utility Bills
3) Last five years salary slips
4) p45 for the last 5 years
6) p60 for the last 5 years
7) previous home office case ID numbers
8) All bank communication letters as my address proof for the last 5 years
9) My NHS doctors letters
10) My travel history - letters from the previous employers
11) Past 5 years letters from the HMRC
[/u][/i][/b]

Now my questions are
1) Do i need to keep the second set of additional documents or should i just delete them to avoid making my application 'complex' i am a bit worried. I mean the documents i highlighted above in the bold and italic

2) Do i need to furnish my degree certificate i see no where a need for that being mentioned however i can see that most of you all have submitted the same. I hold a bachelors in medicine and masters as well from an Indian university and MRCS form the UK

3) Regarding the Cover letter again i have not seen this being mentioned anywhere so i am totally oblivious about this concept. Kindly can you guide me what to mention in the cover letter and the points to be written in the same

4) the previous question regarding the photograph, do i need to take one or two or X number of copies?

I am eagerly awaiting your reply at the earliest please to help me out of this situation.

Many thanks.
Please continue in your existing topic you already have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.