ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, Zimba, Administrator

Post Reply
danielmensah
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 2:40 pm
Ghana

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by danielmensah » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Now that the ruling has been overturned by COA, let's see how soon another date for the ceremony will be.
Hopefully Jan, Feb. or March next year.

This is good news for us all in the waiting.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-a ... -1.4082941

Stanina
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:02 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Stanina » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:02 am

danielmensah wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:23 pm
Now that the ruling has been overturned by COA, let's see how soon another date for the ceremony will be.
Hopefully Jan, Feb. or March next year.

This is good news for us all in the waiting.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-a ... -1.4082941
Minister even mentioned possibility the one in December and several in the beginning of the 2020.

danielmensah
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 2:40 pm
Ghana

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by danielmensah » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:11 pm

Stanina wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:02 am
danielmensah wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:23 pm
Now that the ruling has been overturned by COA, let's see how soon another date for the ceremony will be.
Hopefully Jan, Feb. or March next year.

This is good news for us all in the waiting.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-a ... -1.4082941
Minister even mentioned possibility the one in December and several in the beginning of the 2020.
Whichever it is, fingers crossed. At least there's been overturned of ruling by COA which is the MOST important factor.
Those of us waiting for approval letters are here.
Applied since Dec. 2017. Hopefully, we get a good news soon.
Can't wait to get out of this SHIT. 8) 8) 8)

danielmensah
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 2:40 pm
Ghana

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by danielmensah » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:32 pm

The 9th of December has been taken for the next ceremony.
Hopefully, I get approval soon. Can't wait. :D :D
Wish you guys best of luck.
Please kindly share if you receive approval letter.
Thanks.

Lily3
Junior Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:53 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Lily3 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:39 pm

Hi
Did anyone from 2017 got approval letter please update here?

danielmensah
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 2:40 pm
Ghana

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by danielmensah » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:08 pm

Lily3 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:39 pm
Hi
Did anyone from 2017 got approval letter please update here?
A friend told me he got approval letter today and told to pay the €950. He applied early this year.

This is becoming frustrating. I applied since Dec. 2017 and have not gone approval letter yet.

Anyway fingers crossed this is still Tuesday of the week,

Hopefully, before the end of week.

Diomond
Member
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:51 pm

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Diomond » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:51 pm

danielmensah wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:08 pm
Lily3 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:39 pm
Hi
Did anyone from 2017 got approval letter please update here?
A friend told me he got approval letter today and told to pay the €950. He applied early this year.

This is becoming frustrating. I applied since Dec. 2017 and have not gone approval letter yet.

Anyway fingers crossed this is still Tuesday of the week,

Hopefully, before the end of week.
Hi Daniel,, I am same boat as you from dec 2017 and no approval yet can u share ur timeline . Let’s see we get the approval what I highly doubt..

niksire
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:46 am
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by niksire » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:00 am

Diomond wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:51 pm
danielmensah wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:08 pm
Lily3 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:39 pm
Hi
Did anyone from 2017 got approval letter please update here?
A friend told me he got approval letter today and told to pay the €950. He applied early this year.

This is becoming frustrating. I applied since Dec. 2017 and have not gone approval letter yet.

Anyway fingers crossed this is still Tuesday of the week,

Hopefully, before the end of week.
Hi Daniel,, I am same boat as you from dec 2017 and no approval yet can u share ur timeline . Let’s see we get the approval what I highly doubt..
Have you guys tried to contact them recently regarding your application status via email? They are very quick at responding emails with current status of the application. Try to reach them out

pissedoffbyinis
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:07 am
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by pissedoffbyinis » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:58 pm

Dropped an email to them after the judgement came out... got the same standard stupid email ...your application continues to be processed..... bla bla bla

Applied in May 2017 and still waiting.

Lily3
Junior Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:53 pm
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Lily3 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:19 pm

pissedoffbyinis wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:58 pm
Dropped an email to them after the judgement came out... got the same standard stupid email ...your application continues to be processed..... bla bla bla

Applied in May 2017 and still waiting.
I don’t understand why not ppl who applied in 2017 got approvals who are waiting for too long?? I applied in April 2017 and still nothing. Got reply in email nothing new. I can see approvals for 2018 and even 2019.

Sazhar
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:00 pm
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Sazhar » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:36 pm

I emailed them & also got the same reply "Your application continues to be processed". Its so frustrating as people who applied even in 2019, are getting approval/invitation letters. I applied in January 2017 & still waiting. Does anybody on the forum here, has any advice for all of us?

alhakeem
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:29 am
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by alhakeem » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:01 pm

pissedoffbyinis wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:58 pm
Dropped an email to them after the judgement came out... got the same standard stupid email ...your application continues to be processed..... bla bla bla

Applied in May 2017 and still waiting.
what team replied to you

nad2107
Junior Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by nad2107 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:02 pm

same here waiting since april 2017. even went through the barrister to get FOI etc. But still same stupid reply. And I think its mainly applications from pakistan. There must be something we can do. so frustrating to see people who applied in 2019 get theirs. Very Very UNFAIR :( :( :( :(

Finepaddy
Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:46 pm
Mood:
Norway

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Finepaddy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:06 pm

Sazhar wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:36 pm
I emailed them & also got the same reply "Your application continues to be processed". Its so frustrating as people who applied even in 2019, are getting approval/invitation letters. I applied in January 2017 & still waiting. Does anybody on the forum here, has any advice for all of us?
My 6 friends waiting from 2017 and 1 from 2016.
Genuinely married and they all have kids.
Its completely mind boggling the way they are treating them. It's like they forget 2016,2017 files.
One friend from 2016 and one from 2017 started judicial review recently and DOJ replied to court that they will defend the judicial review as they believe 2,3 year is not enough time to bring judicial review.
Can u believe that.
System is completely faced and when they dont get their approvals its mean with every ceremony system letting them down.
Right now on name of back ground checks they are making fun out of them.
If DOJ cannot do background checks in reasonable time then they shouldn't have Garda, internal, external agencies. All departments work for Gov but they have no shame whatsoever when they write same copy pasted reply.
Bloody sheep fu ker
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

Finepaddy
Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:46 pm
Mood:
Norway

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Finepaddy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:13 pm

Sazhar wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:36 pm
I emailed them & also got the same reply "Your application continues to be processed". Its so frustrating as people who applied even in 2019, are getting approval/invitation letters. I applied in January 2017 & still waiting. Does anybody on the forum here, has any advice for all of us?
Yes do not vote for FG once u got citizenship.
Write down ur experience and send to ur local FG TD and tell them ur not voting for them and ask ur friends to not vote them.
In next year u will see more and more citizenship before May 2020.
These Rats in Government wants your vote.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

User avatar
markem
Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:15 pm
Mood:
New Zealand

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by markem » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:01 pm

nad2107 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:02 pm
same here waiting since april 2017. even went through the barrister to get FOI etc. But still same stupid reply. And I think its mainly applications from pakistan. There must be something we can do. so frustrating to see people who applied in 2019 get theirs. Very Very UNFAIR :( :( :( :(
When you got the FOI back what checks had been completed? There is a checklist that should be part of your file, and it helps you to see what has been done. Did you get that? If so, what had been ticked?
Timeline threads here:
2020 /
2019 / 2018 / 2017 / 2016

User avatar
markem
Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:15 pm
Mood:
New Zealand

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by markem » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:07 pm

Finepaddy wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:06 pm
Sazhar wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:36 pm
I emailed them & also got the same reply "Your application continues to be processed". Its so frustrating as people who applied even in 2019, are getting approval/invitation letters. I applied in January 2017 & still waiting. Does anybody on the forum here, has any advice for all of us?
...
If DOJ cannot do background checks in reasonable time then they shouldn't have Garda, internal, external agencies. All departments work for Gov but they have no shame whatsoever when they write same copy pasted reply.
...
I'm not defending INIS, because they are bureaucratic and inefficient. My application got 'stuck' and delayed for a long period because one page of my file got missed. But, they are reliant on other agencies, including agencies in other countries. The key is to work out where your file is stuck, and try to remove any blocks. FOI is a free and easy first step. Contacting TDs and getting Dail questions asked is another.
Timeline threads here:
2020 /
2019 / 2018 / 2017 / 2016

nad2107
Junior Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by nad2107 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:31 pm

markem wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:01 pm
nad2107 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:02 pm
same here waiting since april 2017. even went through the barrister to get FOI etc. But still same stupid reply. And I think its mainly applications from pakistan. There must be something we can do. so frustrating to see people who applied in 2019 get theirs. Very Very UNFAIR :( :( :( :(
When you got the FOI back what checks had been completed? There is a checklist that should be part of your file, and it helps you to see what has been done. Did you get that? If so, what had been ticked?


Nothing had been done tbh. The only thing ticked was when passport went and check on docs. then file sitting there for over 18 months with nothing at all done. Which is a shambles. God only knows how they work but its getting so so frustrating at this stage. If they dont want to give then they should just say so rather then leave people in limbo like this.

pissedoffbyinis
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:07 am
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by pissedoffbyinis » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:39 pm

alhakeem wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:01 pm
pissedoffbyinis wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:58 pm
Dropped an email to them after the judgement came out... got the same standard stupid email ...your application continues to be processed..... bla bla bla

Applied in May 2017 and still waiting.
what team replied to you
This time its Team 7 - received the same responses from Team 2, 4 etc etc.

alhakeem
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:29 am
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by alhakeem » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:27 pm

pissedoffbyinis wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:39 pm
alhakeem wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:01 pm
pissedoffbyinis wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:58 pm
Dropped an email to them after the judgement came out... got the same standard stupid email ...your application continues to be processed..... bla bla bla

Applied in May 2017 and still waiting.
what team replied to you
This time its Team 7 - received the same responses from Team 2, 4 etc etc.
We are in the same boat, I got replies from other teams previously,this time I got a vague non informative reply from team 7 as well, I thought approvals come from front teams 1,2, 3, and instead of approaching them we are going farther towards 7th and eights, any body have idea how it works? Any body got an approval from team 7 ?!

Post Reply
cron