lucidj wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:47 am
Can anyone please tell me why some people wait 3 years to get approved? I am about to apply as well and would prefer not to wait Al that time as I already had to wait for 17 months only for my stamp 4 based on married to Irish National
I'll try to answer your question. There are not many people that wait so long to get approved.
Every so often, there are Oireachtas questions about this so you can see how many are waiting. At the end of 2018, there were 200 waiting from 2015 (out of nearly 13,000 applications) according to this link
I've tracked nearly 350 approvals, and the time to approve is shown in this chart. 50% of those applications were approved within 300 days. 76% within 450 days.
But why are there some that take so long? I would say it's a combination of:
- Applicant hasn't provided all the information needed
- Conflicting information is found and has to be resolved
- INIS is trying to access records from foreign governments which are slow to respond
- The applicant's eligibility is marginal - judgement calls have to be made
- Other applications rise to the top of the pile because they are easier
- INIS makes a mistake - loses or misinterprets information
- ... many others I'm sure