ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long before the end of 90 days must you send EU1 form?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

b91911
Newly Registered

How long before the end of 90 days must you send EU1 form?

Post by b91911 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:21 am

Hello all,

I posted here last year, asking a few questions because my husband and I wanted to move to Ireland, and I received great advice. Thanks to you, we've been in Ireland 2 months, and love it here.

I am a EU citizen, my husband US. I am self-employed here in Ireland (registered with Revenue, vat, got a PPS number, etc) and will fill the EU1 form as such.

My husband has a month and 2 days left on his 90-day entry stamp. I would like if possible to wait a couple more weeks to send the forms, to show more money in the bank; but I'm afraid if we wait too close to the 90-day limit in his passport, things might not be good.

My question to you is : will my husband be ok if we send the forms by certified post 1 week before the 90-days mark, or should we do it now and send more bank statements as they come to add to our application?

Other than this, we have all other paperwork required (Tenancy Registration letter, apostilled marriage certificate, etc).

Thank you.

jerzy
Newly Registered

Post by jerzy » Wed May 02, 2012 11:15 am

He should apply within 90 days - doesn't matter when. Even if not, he still has the right to stay in Ireland, but arguing with Irish authorities about it's probably not what you wish.

Someone might correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIR there is no obligation to prove that you're self-sufficient if you're self-employed. So don't be worry about your bank account balance. Especially that it takes 6 months for them to process the application and during this time they ask to post missing documents as well as you can always update your situation.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Wed May 02, 2012 12:27 pm

2004/38/EC wrote:Article 9
Administrative formalities for family members who are
not nationals of a Member State
  1. Member States shall issue a residence card to family
    members of a Union citizen who are not nationals of a
    Member State, where the planned period of residence is for
    more than three months.
  2. The deadline for submitting the residence card application
    may not be less than three months from the date of arrival.
  3. Failure to comply with the requirement to apply for a
    residence card may make the person concerned liable to
    proportionate and non-discriminatory sanctions.
You can apply at any time within the 3 months.

If you do not, see section 3).

"Proportionate and non-discriminatory" usually means, that any possible fine cannot be larger than that for a local citizen, not registering with the authorities. Since there is no registration-system for locals, I guess the largest possible fine is zero. But about that I´m not sure.

Rgds, Christian

b91911
Newly Registered

Post by b91911 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Thank you very much for your replies. It is good to know the bank account balance won't matter too much if applying as self-employed. Much appreciated!