ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp4EUFAM expiring

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Stamp4EUFAM expiring

Post by masterboy123 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:31 pm

My Stamp4EUFAM is expiring in the next 4 days.

We submitted EU3 application 6.5 months ago and haven't received approval/rejection letter.

I got an email from them which says responsibility is on me to renew IRP while my application is under process. But I am not sure what documents do I need to take with me to get a temporary stamp 4EUFAM?
I live outside of Dublin.

Bippin
Malaysia

Re: Stamp4EUFAM expiring

Post by Bippin » Sun May 19, 2019 7:25 pm

Have u got letter about temporary residence while waiting for a decision,they will give u one and bring to Garda at your town ,Garda will give a stamp on your passport,no hassle

Ramsz
Ireland

Post by Ramsz » Sun May 19, 2019 7:26 pm

Walking in to the office they may issue 4month stamp I know someone that got it like that for application delay...

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:09 pm

They have not provided letter for temporary residence.

I have sent EU Treaty Rights an email to get temporary letter.
Bippin wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:25 pm
Have u got letter about temporary residence while waiting for a decision,they will give u one and bring to Garda at your town ,Garda will give a stamp on your passport,no hassle

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:11 pm

What documents do you recommend to take with myself? And does EU national spouse need to attend as well?
Ramsz wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:26 pm
Walking in to the office they may issue 4month stamp I know someone that got it like that for application delay...

Ramsz
Ireland

Post by Ramsz » Sun May 19, 2019 9:14 pm

Sure both of you must attend...

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:24 pm

Thanks, will give it a try.
Ramsz wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:14 pm
Sure both of you must attend...

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Mon May 20, 2019 9:40 am

masterboy123 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:09 pm

Bippin wrote:
They must give you a letter for temporary residence ,they gave it to me and valid nearly a year till EU permanent residence visa decision finalised ,did they forgot to give you one? As if you go to Garda you need to show this proof of letter along with your partner/spouse of EU and marriage certificate and both passports ,and I don’t know how Garda will stamp a temporary stamp for you if you didn’t show them a letter because the letter will state how long is valid and Garda will stamp accordingly following a letter ,that is what happen to me.Good luck

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:15 pm

At what stage of application were you given this letter?
I never received such letter. I got email from them that my card is valid this week and it's upto me to request extension at local garda Station if I don't receive final letter. This is the update from my side.

Bippin wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:40 am
masterboy123 wrote:

Bippin wrote:
They must give you a letter for temporary residence ,they gave it to me and valid nearly a year till EU permanent residence visa decision finalised ,did they forgot to give you one? As if you go to Garda you need to show this proof of letter along with your partner/spouse of EU and marriage certificate and both passports ,and I don’t know how Garda will stamp a temporary stamp for you if you didn’t show them a letter because the letter will state how long is valid and Garda will stamp accordingly following a letter ,that is what happen to me.Good luck

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Mon May 20, 2019 10:11 pm

masterboy123 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:15 pm
At what stage of application were you given this letter?
I never received such letter. I got email from them that my card is valid this week and it's upto me to request extension at local garda Station if I don't receive final letter. This is the update from my side.

Bippin wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:40 am
masterboy123 wrote:

Bippin wrote:
After I send eu3 app away probably a month later I guess I got a correspondence letter from them about temporary stamp last till FeB 2019 then I received my eu3 visa on January 2019

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:53 am

Update:

Went to local garda station. Told the issue and they rang EU Treaty Rights office and I am given a 6 months temporary stamp on passport and photo taken for IRP.

IRP will take 3 weeks to arrive. Am I allowed to work in the interim period until IRP arrives?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu May 23, 2019 11:21 am

masterboy123 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:53 am
Update:

Went to local garda station. Told the issue and they rang EU Treaty Rights office and I am given a 6 months temporary stamp on passport and photo taken for IRP.

IRP will take 3 weeks to arrive. Am I allowed to work in the interim period until IRP arrives?
Yes

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu May 23, 2019 7:23 pm

masterboy123 wrote:
Update:

You are clearly permitted to work.

Need to pressure the department to issue the Permanent Residence card.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:27 pm

Hi Obie,

I got a temporary stamp 4. Do you think I should still send them a letter to hurry up? And do I need re-entry visa? As it's not Stamp4EUFAM.
Obie wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:23 pm
masterboy123 wrote:
Update:

You are clearly permitted to work.

Need to pressure the department to issue the Permanent Residence card.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu May 23, 2019 10:14 pm

Since they have given you this 6-month Stamp 4, you don't really have any basis to request for it to be expedited.
Re-entry visa has been abolished for all adults, so you do not need that. The only difference now is that if you wish to travel to other EU/EEA countries you will need to apply for a visa for that country, whereas 4EUFAM allows you to travel to any EU/EEA country with your spouse without a visa.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu May 23, 2019 10:19 pm

Under European law, there is a duty on state to issue a card within 6 months. The failure to do so is itself a breach of European and domestic law.

I accept that a claim for damages for loss would be hard to succeed in light of the extension, but it remains the case that the failure to reach a decision within 6 months is unlawful.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:52 am

Thanks everyone.

Good to know re-entry visa is not required anymore. Please ignore my previous message.

@Obie: its 7 months now and I got extension letter only when I visited the local garda office and they had to ring EU office, otherwise they were not even replying and got automated email that they are busy with work and to attend local garda office for further issues.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon May 27, 2019 8:31 pm

Perhaps you should consider a citizenship application, if that is your ultimate aspiration.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue May 28, 2019 6:32 am

Hi Obie,

I have sent citizenship application already in March and received acknowledgement that it has gone to second stage.

My temp Stamp 4 expires in December, so I am hoping to hear from citizenship department by that time.
Obie wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:31 pm
Perhaps you should consider a citizenship application, if that is your ultimate aspiration.