ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on applying for a provisional driving license

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

monsk
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Advice on applying for a provisional driving license

Post by monsk » Wed May 09, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi everyone!

I am a uni student in the uk, not from an EU or EEA country. I really want to apply for my provisional driving license, but I'm wondering if there is any way I can do so without having to send my passport or BRP via post? I will be near Swansea in a few weeks time, so was also wondering if anyone has had experience visiting the Swansea DVLA centre in person, and if so, would it be possible for me to apply there in person?

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice on applying for a provisional driving license

Post by CR001 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:42 pm

You need to either apply online or by post. DVLA don't have 'walk in' service centres any more as far as I am aware.

You get your documents back fairly quickly too, it doesn't take months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.