ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working remotely from India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alfred Boyle

Working remotely from India

Post by Alfred Boyle » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:49 am

Hi,
I am employed by UK company for last 10 years. But 3 years ago, I had to move to India for my personal reason and have been working remotely from India for the same company since then. I am paid via PAYE and pay income tax to HMRC and National Insurance contribution as well.
Now, my company HR wants to file me P85 form in HMRC site and subsequently I submitted the same. Its in process.
HR mentioned that I may or may not be issued a NT code since India having double taxation agreement with UK, so I might be able to get tax relief.

Do you think I should be filing(paying) the tax in India after HMRC gives me NT code? Or will the HMRC notify the indian tax officials regarding my case automatically? Have anyone been in this scenario?
I am British and hold OCI. Kindly advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Working remotely from India

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:18 am

You need to find a tax forum to post these questions or contact HMRC or the Indian tax authorities. These questions are not relevant to the immigration forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.