ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Deadline

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Appeal Deadline

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:00 pm

I have a serious matter kindly help me on this

My flr fp refused this month

Caseworker decision date is 9th july
Date of service mention in refusal is 15th july
Deadline for appeal mention in refusal is 29th july.

Today 28th july my solicitor sent the appeal by fax.

Now my solicitor is saying that court could take 9th july (decision date) as date of service and court could say that your appeal is out of time. He said 99 % chance they will accept your appeal but 1 %chance that court will say your appeal is out of time.

I am very worried now as deadline for appeal is clearly mentioned which is 29th july 2014.

Advise me on this please.

Regards
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Obie
Ireland

Re: Appeal Deadline

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:24 pm

If a lawyer is not competent enough to address such issue, then he is not competent at all.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Obie wrote:If a lawyer is not competent enough to address such issue, then he is not competent at all.
@Obie advise me

@Amber Help me on this
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:30 pm

It should have been clear to your lawyer that you will be making an in time appeal, otherwise why would he let you lodge it late.

According to what you wrote, your appeal will be fine. If by chance this 1% that your lawyer mentioned, happened, he should be in place to address it.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:00 pm

Obie wrote:It should have been clear to your lawyer that you will be making an in time appeal, otherwise why would he let you lodge it late.

According to what you wrote, your appeal will be fine. If by chance this 1% that your lawyer mentioned, happened, he should be in place to address it.
Basically he wants to save his side. And want my consent that i won't blame them or sue them or take any action against them if my appeal consider out of time because of date issue.

I told them to file it today 28/07 which they did and i have copy of fax confirmation. He said if anything happen (which i know wont happen) he will fight the case.

He is extra careful what i believe.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:12 pm

Ok. But he could have done it online as well.

Wish you guys all the best.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:37 pm

Obie wrote:Ok. But he could have done it online as well.

Wish you guys all the best.
I want to buy time to complete 10 years.

I prefer postal appeal but due to some issues i request him to fax it.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:24 pm

The time limit for submitting an in country appeal is 10 working days when one is not in detention. The appeal time is from when you received the notice of decision.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:30 pm

Amber wrote:The time limit for submitting an in country appeal is 10 working days when one is not in detention. The appeal time is from when you received the notice of decision.
Thanks Amber

Date of service is 15th july and my solicitor received the decision on 16th july i received it next day 17th july.

I don't know whether u look at new refusal letter or not. They clearly mentioned date of service and Appeal deadline which is 29th july.

I hope court understand this and treat my appeal as in time.

Regards

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:56 pm

The 10 days of appeal excludes the non-working days (weekend), in simple words appeal deadline is 14 days/2 weeks if you count all week days. Maybe your slight appeal delay be benefited by that.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:08 pm

UKBA HUNTER wrote:The 10 days of appeal excludes the non-working days (weekend), in simple words appeal deadline is 14 days/2 weeks if you count all week days. Maybe your slight appeal delay be benefited by that.
Yes u r right

That's why HO count 10 working days or 14 days/2 weeks from date of service which is 15th july 2014

Date of service 15 july 2014 (mentioned in refusal )
Deadline for Appeal 29th july 2014. (mentioned in refusal)

But date of decision is 9th july 2014 by caseworker. and my solicitor said may be court will count 10 working days from 9th of july. In other words court will take date of service 9th july. but chances r 0.01%.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:10 pm

UKBA HUNTER wrote:The 10 days of appeal excludes the non-working days (weekend), in simple words appeal deadline is 14 days/2 weeks if you count all week days. Maybe your slight appeal delay be benefited by that.
I think my appeal is not late as per notice of refusal in which HO clearly mentioned the deadline for appeal which was 29th July. and i sent it on 28th july.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:00 am

I personally not have idea that what's the correct way of forwarding appeal papers but if fax method is correct way then i think you complied with the deadline and if you lucky then it may process lazily and you buy that time for 10 years completion :). I also think that you have even more knowledge than your solicitor.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler