ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Permit Recieved now what?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Next steps after eea2 under Singh

Post by Jambo » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:42 pm

If applied under Singh I presume you are married to BC, in that case after 5 years of residence you can apply for BC.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:46 pm

Thanks Jambo, I missed that
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

confusedinpakistan

Post by confusedinpakistan » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:30 am

So it's 5 years from entry into the UK or 5 years from when the residence card is issued?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:41 am

Entry.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Mrs.mdeben

Re: EEA2 Surinder Singh application - Requesting docs back

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:33 pm

Hiya st2447.

Any updates to your EEA2 application under SUrinder Singh Route? I will be sending my documents on Tuesday without the documents about my british husband's evidences of exercising treaty rights in Cyprus as I already submitted it when I got my EE Family permit.

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:06 am

Mrs.mdeben wrote:Hiya st2447.

Any updates to your EEA2 application under SUrinder Singh Route? I will be sending my documents on Tuesday without the documents about my british husband's evidences of exercising treaty rights in Cyprus as I already submitted it when I got my EE Family permit.
You run the risk of the RC being refused if you dont include those documents, at least that is what happened with mine. I was issued a FP under SS, then applied for EEA2 w/o including supporting documents, as per application instructions and my RC was refused because I didn't include those documents.

My RC was eventually issued to me though...

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:06 pm

jbminger, they should not have refused you in the first place. These caseworkers are so poorly trained. You literally have to instruct them in a cover letter about what to do. If this were me, I would write in a cover letter for EEA2 that there was a change in the format of the EEA2 form in April which allows you to skip Section 5 through to Section 9 of the form if you have an EEA Family Permit obtained under Surinder Singh law. I would add that the form makes it very clear that evidence for skipped sections relating to employment, residence and centre of life of the British sponsor in the host State need not be re-submitted if the family member has an EEA Family Permit. I might add for further effect that it is clearly Home Office policy now that an EEA2 is automatically issued for holders of an EEA Family Permit obtained under Surinder Singh law as a way of reducing expensive bureaucracy.

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:16 pm

Jbminger: I heard about what happened to you. Im glad you got the rc anyway. Did you send all the documents of exercising treaty rights of your husband before along with the reconsideration letter or you only sent a reconsideration letter alone? Did you have any for,at of the letter?

Rosebead: I will include a good cover letter when I send my application on Tuesday. I might just risk it and wait for an answer, at the end of the day ai ca still send a recosideration or worst is reapply over and over again.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:36 am

does it really not matter that we request our passports back before the COA is issued?

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:58 am

chaoclive wrote:does it really not matter that we request our passports back before the COA is issued?
Hi chaoclive. Don't have any idea about that. People said it will make your application quicker. Anyway, did you apply for EEA2 now?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:08 am

Mrs.mdeben wrote:
chaoclive wrote:does it really not matter that we request our passports back before the COA is issued?
Hi chaoclive. Don't have any idea about that. People said it will make your application quicker. Anyway, did you apply for EEA2 now?
Yeah, we applied on October 2nd but haven't got the COA yet. We did get the acknowledgement letter on about the 10th.
Guess we can only wait...

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:51 pm

You're not under Surinder chaoclive right? I want to ask you about sending the documents of exercisng treaty rights then I remember that you renounced your citizenship. Do you know anyone who had a successful eea2 application without sending those documents again for the second time?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Mrs.mdeben wrote:You're not under Surinder chaoclive right? I want to ask you about sending the documents of exercisng treaty rights then I remember that you renounced your citizenship. Do you know anyone who had a successful eea2 application without sending those documents again for the second time?
Yes, I renounced. Didn't do SS. Someone on the Facebook page said that you just tick the box that asks if you entered on an EEAFP and then you don't have to submit the documents again. HOWEVER, I'm not sure. Hope someone else will come along and answer!

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:09 am

When did u submit your application? Did you recieve coa? I will be sending my application tomorrow without the documents we sent when we applied for eeafp and a good cover letter explaining the situation. Will see what will happen, what are the worst that can happen? I guess they will not deport me if I get refuse. Will just apply until We get it.

Let me know about the updates of your application. Goodluck.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:17 am

Mrs.mdeben wrote:When did u submit your application? Did you recieve coa? I will be sending my application tomorrow without the documents we sent when we applied for eeafp and a good cover letter explaining the situation. Will see what will happen, what are the worst that can happen? I guess they will not deport me if I get refuse. Will just apply until We get it.

Let me know about the updates of your application. Goodluck.
Submitted on 2nd October, received on 3rd but we still haven't received a COA! I just sent them a letter about the COA and also requested our passports back online. I don't think you will have any problems! Good luck:)

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:56 am

Crazy that different applications has different timelines even though cases are straight forwards. Just want to ask how did you present your documents? Did you submit the whole 37pages of application form (with the 1st page stating EEA2 application blah blha blah)? Or you started with the pages containing payments?

Thanks and goodluck for the COA.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:42 pm

Mrs.mdeben wrote:Crazy that different applications has different timelines even though cases are straight forwards. Just want to ask how did you present your documents? Did you submit the whole 37pages of application form (with the 1st page stating EEA2 application blah blha blah)? Or you started with the pages containing payments?

Thanks and goodluck for the COA.
I provided the full application, even though the first few pages don't really mean anything. I following the instruction to a tee and added a cover letter, as well as a list of documents provided. I separated the documents into different groups: e.g. proof of non-EEA citizen's identity, proof of EEA citizen's identity, proof of relationship, proof of address in the UK, proof that EEA citizen is exercising treaty rights. (I think that was all).

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:30 pm

Same way I did mine. Cover letter, application form then proof of identity, proof of relationship (marriage certificate) then proof of residence. Original and photocopies are in the same plastic pocket andin different group. Whick is better, recorded or special delivery?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:37 pm

Delivery doesn't really matter I think. We used Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm. It cost about 8.50GBP. The important thing is that you can check it's delivery online and see the signature.

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Alright then. Will g to town today to send my application. Will update you about it and update me on your application too.

Goodluck to us xx

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:54 pm

Good luck!

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:17 pm

hi can any one help me with my question.my wife is pregnant and near due date and cant do job an i had applied for visa surinder singh route.my question is if my wife applies for income support will it effect my visa please help me with this

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:25 pm

jasmin kool wrote:hi can any one help me with my question.my wife is pregnant and near due date and cant do job an i had applied for visa surinder singh route.my question is if my wife applies for income support will it effect my visa please help me with this
Hi there

If she is not working/not studying with comprehensive medical insurance/not self-employed/not self-sufficient (i.e. living on her own resources and not getting benefits from the government) you will probably not be issued with a residence card.

I take it your wife is British? Where are you both living now? Have you already entered the UK on an EEA family permit? Have you already applied for the EEA2 yet? You might want to tell us a bit more about your situation, otherwise, it's hard to help.

See here for what the Home Office has to say about getting benefits from the UK government and the effect on an EEA visa: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... pter12.pdf. It specifically mentions income support.

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:05 am

Yes my wife is british and she exercise her treaty rights in ireland and we flew from Belfast to Manchester without having any eea permit as ireland and uk are common travel area.and yes I had submitted EEA2 Application with all the documents under the judgment of surinder singh route.my wife claims for income support and it statrs now but some body told me if ahe claims any benefits then home office can refuse my visa please tell me if you know anything about it
thanks

confusedinpakistan

EEA4 Application w/family permit + Surrinder Singh

Post by confusedinpakistan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:40 pm

Hi Guys,

Quick question.

My wife (British citizen) and I (non-eea national) entered the UK in August 2014 with a family permit via the surrinder singh route.

We entered from the Netherlends after spending about 9 months there. In the time we were there my wife was self-employed.

My question is this, do we have to provide the proof of self-employment again when we complete the PR application? What if someone was to lose there paperwork after 5 years of continuous residence in the UK?