ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

section 5.2 - Referee forgot to write his age & profession.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dilip_gem

section 5.2 - Referee forgot to write his age & profession.

Post by dilip_gem » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:57 pm

Hi guys,

I'm in a sort of a bad situation. I submitted my application today (through NCS). I was very much stressed at work for past couple of weeks and then was sick for a while. So couldn't spend quality time in preparing for my naturalisation application.. Took it very lightly (I know- biggest event of my life and I made a silly mistake)..

I got reference from two of my frinds (Both are naturalised British citizends). One of them acting as Professional referee and he forgot to mentiion his age and profession in section 5.2 of AN form. He did mention how he knows me etc and his date of birth in 5.3
However his age and profession is not included in 5.2 form (biggest misktake as he is acting as my professional referee - he is a Director of VAT registered company).

Other referee has filled all the details correctly.

I usually double check any form that I fill. However in this case (first time in my life), I failed to notice that. Unfortunately even the officer at NCS forgot to notice it :(

What will happen in this case? Will I loose my £ 961 ( 906 + £55 ) ? If they contact the referee via email or phone, that is fine. But if they reject my applicaiton citing this as a reason I will be really really unlucky :(

Seniors, any advice?

Regards,
Gem

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: section 5.2 - Referee forgot to write his age & professi

Post by milan69 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:47 am

Wait until you get HO letter confirming the receipt of your application and on it you will find your reference number. I suggest you write to HO then explaining the mistake you have made.
You should be fine.
I am sometimes wrong.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:28 am

Double checking my form now, before I submit it next week, and notice that somewhat similar to the OP here, my referees have not entered their age (profession & how they know me are mentioned). They have however entered their date of birth, so I'm wondering whether I should just leave their age missing or whether I should fill in the age myself, what do you think?

Additionally only my non professional referee has entered her British passport number, the other has left it blank. Both referees are British, however I'm guessing as the professional referee doesn't need to be British, I can leave this blank, what do you think?

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:42 am

cs95tdg wrote:Double checking my form now, before I submit it next week, and notice that somewhat similar to the OP here, my referees have not entered their age (profession & how they know me are mentioned). They have however entered their date of birth, so I'm wondering whether I should just leave their age missing or whether I should fill in the age myself, what do you think?

Additionally only my non professional referee has entered her British passport number, the other has left it blank. Both referees are British, however I'm guessing as the professional referee doesn't need to be British, I can leave this blank, what do you think?
Ask all referees to fill in all missing details, do not write anything on your own
Manka

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:43 am

whether I should fill in the age myself,
Your handwriting is different so don't be tempted to do it. Your referees have signed the page confirming what they have entered is true.

Your second question is fine to leave blank. HO will contact the referee if they need additional information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:45 pm

Thank you both.

dilip_gem

Post by dilip_gem » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:12 pm

milan69 wrote:Wait until you get HO letter confirming the receipt of your application and on it you will find your reference number. I suggest you write to HO then explaining the mistake you have made.
You should be fine.
Thanks Milan69. When you said write them, did you mean sending them a snail mail (post) or email?

Regards,
Gem

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:16 pm

By post.
You will have HO address on the letter.
I am sometimes wrong.