ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vicky81
Newly Registered

Re: Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Post by Vicky81 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:31 am

Hi Apan Desai I am also tier 2 applicant.
Vicky81

APAN DESAI

Post by APAN DESAI » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:33 am

Vicky81 wrote:Hi Apan Desai I am also tier 2 applicant.
Vicky81

Hi Vicky,

They didn't ask it explicitly anywhere in a form about 10 payslips but I didn't want to take a chance so I put my 12 payslips along with 12 bank statements highlighting salary. Even I have also submitted same for my wife.

Best Luck

Vicky81
Newly Registered

Post by Vicky81 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:57 pm

Thank you for reply Apan desai
Vicky81

anumkh

Post by anumkh » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:19 am

Dear rknshrer ,

Can you please share the template of "Cover letter - with absences details and points claimed for different areas and list of evidence provided".
I am going to apply my ILR so looking around every option. Thanks in advance .

Anumkh

GBRP1809
Newly Registered

Post by GBRP1809 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:13 am

1. Category: Tier 1 General (ending on 21st May 2015)

2. Number of dependents: 0

3. Tot. cost: £1493

4. PEO branch: Croydon (27th April 2015)

5. Documents provided:
Old Passport (1)
Current Passports (1)
BRP cards (1)
Application form (1)
Appointment letter
Payment letter
Photographs (2)

12 months payslips and letter from employers authenticating the online payslips
12 months bank statement
Summary of earnings (excel table - as 10 salaries were from previous employer and 2 from new employer)

Life in the UK test (1)
UK Masters Degree (1) (Already used to apply for Tier 1 but I included it in the pack again)

Letter from current employer (Been in current job for just 3 months)
Offer of employment from current employer (Extra document - As I have only recently joined them)
Letter from previous employer confirming the previous employment period (Was with them Since April 2010 - Jan 2015)

Letter from previous employer with absence confirmation (As my work requires me to travel, I had 136 absences in Year 3 due to a project abroad - employer letter confirmed the 346 days I was abroad during the qualifying period was either annual leave, business trip or trips during weekend/bank-holidays. It also stated that all the time I was on UK payroll, salary paid in UK bank accounts and my taxes were also paid in UK. I had my absences from April 2010 - January 2015 in chronological order on company letter head, stamped and signed)
Summary of Absences during each of the 5 qualifying years

eP60s for the qualifying period (Extra documents)

Summary of Self Assessment on Point Based System (Extra document)

6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: No

7. Any Additional Comments:
- Keep the file as simple as possible.
- Include copies of all the documents
- Letter of absences from Employer was the only original document that the Case Worker kept. All other originals were returned. All other copies were retained.

The staff was very friendly and efficient. My appointment was at 8am. I arrived 20 mins early went through security - registered at the payment counter and went through the document check and registration all by 8.05am. My Biometric and file were taken by 8.20am. The waiting in the cafeteria after felt like a lifetime but in reality took only 80mins.

My number was called - I was handed over the documents, a letter confirming the approval of application and I was told that my permit will arrive within 5 working days.

I was out of the door by 10am.

Now awaiting the permit's arrival!

Thank you all who have shared their experiences here... it was super helpful and best of luck to everyone else who is applying over coming days.

chansu2015
Newly Registered

Post by chansu2015 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:10 am

APAN DESAI wrote:1. Category: Tier 2 General
2. Number of dependents: 2
3. Tot. cost:
4. PEO branch: Croydon
5. Documents provided:
Old Passport (3)
Current Passports (1+1+1)
BRP cards (1+1+1)
Application form (1)
Appointment letter
Payment letter
Photographs (2+2+2)
12 months payslips
12 months bank statement
Life in the UK test (1+1)
KOL (UKNAIRIC + ESOL)
Marriage Certificate (1)
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: No
7. Any Additional Comments: Keep the file as simple as possible.

Went in at 12:30 hrs, out at 16:15.

Apan Desai
Congrats Apan.

Can you please confirm if you had an absences outside UK and did you submit anything for that?

gulakam88
Newly Registered

Post by gulakam88 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:57 pm

Category : Spouse Visa Prior July 2012.

2. Number of dependents : 0
3. Total cost. : Cant remember, like 1400. Better to go in person - less time stressing.

4. PEO branch : Sheffield - Lovely bumch of people
5. Documents provided:
Passport
Wifes Passport
Marriage Certificate ( and translation as it not english )
Utility bills - two every 3 months for 2 years
3 months payslips
3 months bank statement
2 years p60
Life in the UK
B1 certificate

Original appointment was 1.15 but left early as it was friday and dont know about traffic on m1.
They let us in at 11.00, attended with wife and father in law.
Had biometrics done there.

Done and dusted by 1pm. BRP received the following weds via DX.

photocopies of everything to make their job easier...they certainly apprciated it.
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years.
7. Any Additional Comments.

shah_pooja

Post by shah_pooja » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:57 pm

hi all,

I have a question about the language requirement

I see people have mentioned that they attached the PBS and the degree certificate..... I am from India and I do have my degree certificate from India.. however I am not sure what option should I tick in the form for PBS/India certificate?

Appreciate if someone can pl help.

shah_pooja

Post by shah_pooja » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:12 pm

hi, FayEng- any luck= what did you fill in the new form?

[quote="FayEng"]Hi

I have appointment in croydon in 2 weeks. I tried to fill and print PBS calculator but there is no option for Tier 1 General now. Has anyone found the same thing. Can anyone help please???

regards

Fayaz[/quote]

samitpatel1983
Newly Registered

Post by samitpatel1983 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:31 am

[Hi, I have exactly same case as yours and would like to seek some guidance from you. My ILR is due on 11th May and would like to discuss few points regarding the earning and reason for absence. I would be grateful if you can share your contact detail and some time to help me out with the questions. My number is 07890297340 and email is samitpatel1983@gmail.com. I will look forward for your response. THank you.]
rknshree wrote:Hi,

I would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the information and help which enabled me to get my ILR approved on 17th of April.
Here is my experience :

ILR SET (0) application based on 5 years of Tier 1 general - 1 main and 1 dependant.
Entered UK on 79th day - used the 90 days concession period
Applied 19 days before completing the 5 years from the date of first visa stamped in 2010.

Limited Company director since last 2 years ( since last extension in 2012)

Appointment at - 17 April 2015 1200
Reached at 11:10 and was allowed to go and case registered quickly , form checked and entered at 11:50
Biometrics done at 12:30
Decision of approval was given at 15:30 ( all cases seems to be taking this much time as per token sequence being called)

It was all smooth and easy.

Key points about form which I was confused about but used these :
- I entered my actual monthly salary in the earnings question - pay per month. ( no average of anything else including dividends or anything, just plain salary slip entry )
- I entered 4 years and 9 months in the question which asks "how long have you lived in the UK "

Documents I provided :
SET(o) form
Cover letter - with absences details and points claimed for different areas and list of evidence provided.

Earnings:
12 salary slips attested by Accountant ( ICAEW member) and copies.
12 Dividend vouchers and declarations attested by accountant and copies.
Accountant letter summarising:
- Earnings
- Limited company PAYE, VAT etc numbers
- Profit
- Its own ICAEW membership
- Summary of Invoices generated during the claimed period
Personal bank statements and copied
Business bank statements and copies
Second personal bank account ( included it so as to explain some movement of funds across my accounts , NOT REQUIRED in general )

Also:
4 years p60s and copies
last 2 years SATRs

Limited Company :
last two years ct600
last two years accounts
current accounts - profit/loss
VAT certificate and copies
Incorporation Certificate and copies

English Lang and KOLL
- Original degrees for main and dependent and copies
- print out of PBS calculator ( used Tier 2 as suggested by Settlementpoicy email )
- Original life in uk test pass certificate for main and dependant and copies

Absences :
NO absences greater than 180
total of < 100 in five tyears
- Explained in Cover letter
- Letter from previous permanent employer for annual leave
- Letter from own limited company on letterhead for annual leave .
- Copies of stamps from passport ( entry /exit stamps )

Cohabitation
- Various energy bills on joint names spread across last 2 years
- Certificate form Council for Electoral registration on joint names
- NSH letters on dependant's name
- Water bills
- Council tax bills on joint names
- Child Birth certificate - original and copies
- Original marriage certificate and copy

I also carried Invoices generated during the period, and contracts , past and current.

Once again, thanks a lot everyone.

FayEng

Post by FayEng » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi pooja

I have an appointment next week. I have selected Tier 1 Entrepreneur and filled my Degree details and took a print out. This is acceptable as long as it appears on the PBS calculator. The date is updated by NAARIC and it is deemed to have been accepted by NAARIC so the original degree certificate and the calculator print out satisfies the requirements. If you are using the same degree to claim points for Education then you must enclose two copies.

Hope this clarifies

Fayaz

sliver80
Newly Registered

Post by sliver80 » Fri May 01, 2015 7:46 am

My case background can be found here
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1181236

Thanks to the help around here, I was successful in my application for ILR

Criteria: Tier 2 ICT with initial stay of 3 months as WP holder

Applied at Solihull on 27th April, around 11 days ahead of completing 5 years.

Single applicant

As I had booked my appointment before the fees went up, I didn't have to pay the difference

Documents:
1. Covering letter with a simple statement mentioning on what basis I am applying and listing the documents being supplied. Also mentioned that additional docs are available, if required.
2. Payment sheet
3. Set(O) Form with photographs (in the absences section, I pointed to the stamps in my passport)
4. Passports
5. BRP
6. Letter from employer (mentioning role, soc code, required in employment, salary, date of arrival into the UK, salary slips attested and authentic, absences (less than 100 overall and all paid for), mentioning criteria of application (tier 2 ict plus WP) and also a statement pointing to the WP visa in the passport)
7. 3 months payslip (attested by employer)
8. 3 months bank statements (I had a correction on my name so also got a letter from the bank and put it with the pack)(highlighted the salary credit)
9. LIUK pass letter
10. Degree
11. PBS assessment of degree (for English) awarded by the university (Note: not the college)
12. Bank statements of the first 3 months as WP holder showing salary credit from employer (highlighted the salary credit)

I arrived the evening before and stayed at Holiday Inn. In the morning an easy walk to the PEO office. Once I reached there my appointment was checked against my appointment letter and then ushered into the waiting room via a security corridor. The lovely lady at the reception gave me a slip with my number on it. As I had an 8 am appointment, I was the second person there. The lady also checked my payment sheet and confirmed all ok. Asked me to remove it from the pack before giving the docs at the counter when my number is called.

When called upon I went to the counter, handed my Set(O) form first followed by passport and BRP. Then I was asked to stack my documents which I did in the order as mentioned in my covering letter (minus the payment sheet as described before). No photocopies asked (all that paper wasted!!!), the person at the counter photocopied my passports and brp.

Then called upon for biometrics and finally asked to leave and return after 2 hours.

Went to Cafe' Nero where whilst waiting case worker called me to ask about family, I said they are not applying as they have temporarily gone back until I sort out my ILR. After half hour was called again asking me to come to office. Arrived and received the happy news of 'Granted ILR'.

They only kept the employer letter

Tips:
If travelling from far away stay locally the night before
Keep the docs as simple as possible
Have the back-ups docs ready in case

Good luck to all those applying and happy to answer any questions.

coolguy20k15

Post by coolguy20k15 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:11 am

Hello,

I know that this topic has been discussed many times in the forum and I did look at them before posting here but I cannot gather all the information required and therefore hoping to get help here.

On 20 April 2015 I received my ILR based on 5 years continuous employment on Tier 2 (General) visa. I had my wife join me as a PBS dependent in February 2012. Since then she is living with me in the UK (less than 30 days out of the UK since 2012).

I applied for my ILR as a premium service at Liverpool PEO and got my ILR same day. I did not apply with my wife as I wanted to make sure I get my ILR first in case if there is some problem we don't loose £3800 in one go. Now since I have got my ILR, I will apply for my wife's ILR next week on using SET(O) form using premium service in Liverpool. My wife's current PBS dependent visa is valid until July 2017.

Until 31 August 2014 my wife was working full time. Her contract was finishing on 30 September 2014. She got pregnant last year and went for Maternity leave from 01 September 2014. From 01 September 2014 until now she is getting Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) which is due to finish on 31 May 2015.

My question is, what documents I need to provide with her Set(O) form? As she is applying alone, do I need to give her job details or SMP pay details? I will provide my employment letter, pay slips, bank statements, marriage certificate, 2 years bills and bank statement on both our name, along with her pass in life in the UK letter and Trinity college GESE Grade 5 Level B1 pass certificate (given on 31 March 2015).

I have got a letter from her previous employer along with her SMP confirmation letter and P60 forms. Do I need to include it or shall I keep it with me and give it to them if they ask? I left Section 5 of SET(O) form empty as it is not asking any question for PBS dependent (only house rent question which I filled and will provide my payslips and bank statements to cover it).

Please advise me if anything else I need to carry and what to include in the application. Many thanks !!

APAN DESAI

Post by APAN DESAI » Fri May 01, 2015 8:56 am

Hi,
I don't have any absence outside UK.

Apan

shah_pooja

Post by shah_pooja » Sun May 03, 2015 7:39 pm

[quote="FayEng"]Hi pooja

I have an appointment next week. I have selected Tier 1 Entrepreneur and filled my Degree details and took a print out. This is acceptable as long as it appears on the PBS calculator. The date is updated by NAARIC and it is deemed to have been accepted by NAARIC so the original degree certificate and the calculator print out satisfies the requirements. If you are using the same degree to claim points for Education then you must enclose two copies.

Hope this clarifies

Fayaz[/quote]

Thanks Fayaz..the english langauge is getting confusing/ do let us know how your appointment goes

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Sat May 09, 2015 8:46 pm

Today I got my ILR at Croydon PEO through Tier 1 (General)

Immigration History:
Applied Tier 1 (G) on Apr 15 2010. Valid from June 2010.

Absences from UK:
2 occasions for a total of 20 days.
No proof for this provided during ILR application.

Dependents:
Spouse and child (born abroad) .
Both entered UK: March 2011.

Booked Saturday 9th May 2015 appointment on Saturday 28th March 2015 at around 12:01 AM

I am a company director and here is the list of documents provided:
  1. Form Folder
a. Appointment Letter
b. Worldpay Transaction Confirmation
c. Fees Payment Sheet
d. Filled in Set(O) Form with Photographs attached
  • Passport and BRP Folder
a. Main Applicants BRP, Current and Old Passports
b. Dependant Spouse BRP and Passport
c. Dependant Child BRP, Current and Old Passports
  • Company Folder
a. Certificate of Incorporation
b. Company Details - Includes Share Information
c. VAT Certificate
d. Financial Statement May 2014 to April 2015 with Profit and Loss Account
e. HSBC Bank Statements May 2014 to April 2015 (Highlighted Salary and Dividend)
f. Invoices May 2014 to April 2015
  • Main Applicant Folder
a. UKBA Self Assessment Summary
b. Accountant Letter
c. Dividend Vouchers
d. Payslips
e. Personal Bank Statements May 2014 to April 2015 (Highlighted Salary and Dividend)
f. Life in UK Pass Notification
g. NARIC Certificate
h. P60 - 2011 to 2015
  • Dependant Spouse Folder
a. Life in UK Pass Notification
b. NARIC Certificate
c. University Degree Certificate
d. Cohabitation Documents
i. Marriage Certificate
ii. Three years Rental Agreements 2013-14 to 2015-16
iii. Council Letters
iv. Poll Cards
v. Electric Bills
vi. Gas Bills
vii. Telephone Bills
viii. Joint Bank Statements
  • Dependant Child Folder
a. Birth Certificate
b. NHS and Council Letters

We also gave a copy of the above documents.
Had a whole load of other documents but none were asked.

My appointment was at 10:00 AM, when inside at 9:00 AM.
Called to submit application at 10:00 and finished BRP at 10:25.
Documents returned at 12:30 with ILR approval letter.

ukvisahopeful
Newly Registered

Post by ukvisahopeful » Sun May 10, 2015 12:23 am

Hi All,

I am applying for ILR with 2 dependents in June 2015 under Tier 1 general PBS. I know there is a new set of guidnace on 06 April 2015 for ILR applicants and another set on 24 April 2015 for ILR dependents. I have some doubts on the new guidance, please can you advise

1. SET (O) form is applicable for both main applicants and dependents (1 form or 3 separate forms??)

OR

SET(M) - 2 forms for 2 dependents + I SET (O) for main applicant

Any advise shall be appreciated

Regards,
SZ

askhan

Post by askhan » Sun May 10, 2015 1:04 am

Hi Mate

Set O. Should be suffice it should have a page for dependents.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

ukvisahopeful
Newly Registered

Post by ukvisahopeful » Sun May 10, 2015 1:43 am

Hi tier1reading,

Please can you confirm if you just used SET (O) for yourself and the dependents in your recent application.
tier1Reading wrote:Today I got my ILR at Croydon PEO through Tier 1 (General)

Immigration History:

Absences from UK:

Dependents:

Booked Saturday 9th May 2015 appointment on Saturday 28th March 2015 at around 12:01 AM

1. Form Folder
a. Appointment Letter
c. Fees Payment Sheet
  • Company Folder
c. VAT Certificate
e. HSBC Bank Statements May 2014 to April 2015 (Highlighted Salary and Dividend)
  • Main Applicant Folder
b. Accountant Letter
c. Dividend Vouchers
d. Payslips
e. Personal Bank Statements May 2014 to April 2015 (Highlighted Salary and Dividend)
g. NARIC Certificate
h. P60 - 2011 to 2015
b. NARIC Certificate
i. Marriage Certificate
iii. Council Letters
iv. Poll Cards
v. Electric Bills
vi. Gas Bills
vii. Telephone Bills
  • Dependant Child Folder
a. Birth Certificate

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Sun May 10, 2015 3:49 am

Hi tier1reading,

Please can you confirm if you just used SET (O) for yourself and the dependents in your recent application.

Hi, yes I used one set(o) form for all 3 of us. Version used 04/05 and had paid old fee.

s4salil

Post by s4salil » Sun May 10, 2015 12:26 pm

Thanks for sharing ... What is the UKBA self assessment summary ?
tier1Reading wrote:Today I got my ILR at Croydon PEO through Tier 1 (General)

Immigration History:

Absences from UK:

Dependents:

1. Form Folder
a. Appointment Letter
c. Fees Payment Sheet
  • Company Folder
c. VAT Certificate
  • Main Applicant Folder
b. Accountant Letter
c. Dividend Vouchers
d. Payslips
g. NARIC Certificate
h. P60 - 2011 to 2015
b. NARIC Certificate
i. Marriage Certificate
iii. Council Letters
iv. Poll Cards
v. Electric Bills
vi. Gas Bills
vii. Telephone Bills
  • Dependant Child Folder
a. Birth Certificate

FayEng

Post by FayEng » Sun May 10, 2015 8:48 pm

Hi All

I would like to thank everyone in the forum as the information provided here was very helpful in my application. I have got my ILR approved on Friday and the details are as follows:=

Tier 1 General (ending on June 2017)

2. Number of dependents: 0

3. Total cost: £1493. Got the appointment on 27th march so paid old fees

4. PEO branch: Croydon

5. Documents provided:
Old Passport (2)
Current Passports (1)
BRP card (1)
Application form (1)
Appointment letter
Payment letter
Photographs (2)

12 months payslips
12 months bank statement

Life in the UK test (1)
Degree certificate for English and PBS printout showing my Degree and 10 points. Had used the Entrepreneur option as Tier 1 General removed.
Letter from current employer detailing my work related travel and annual paid leave dates
Personal letter detailing absences when I was employed on zero contract.
I had total 286 days absence in last 5 years.

Summary of Self Assessment on Point Based System
Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: No

- Keep the file as simple as possible
Appointment time was 1320. out by 1645 total 3 hours 25 minutes.
I have seen people are including so many documents which are not required. You can carry them with you but dont submit. The simpler the file the quicker it will be and little confusion.

I had carried many secondary documents but did not submit them. It was not required.

All the best for all the applicants.

FayEng

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Mon May 11, 2015 9:24 am

s4salil wrote:Thanks for sharing ... What is the UKBA self assessment summary ?
The pdf which you get after filling out this form:
https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... ment.faces

I had got this before April 6 2015, hence I had a copy of the assessment for Tier 1(G). Tier 1(G) option is no longer available now.

karthikeya9

Post by karthikeya9 » Mon May 11, 2015 3:40 pm

All,

Thanks for the forum and the helpful seniors, I got my ILR approved today @ PEO Croydon. Details as follows:

SET(o) form
Cover letter - Immigration history, Lost passport explanation, absences details ,points claimed and list of documents provided.

12 salary slips attested by Accountant and copies.
12 Dividend vouchers and declarations attested by accountant and copies.
Accountant letter
Personal bank statements and copies
Business bank statements and copies
5 years P60s and copies
VAT certificate and copies
Incorporation Certificate and copies
Original degree for main and dependent
NARIC language assessment letters
NARIC equivalent assessment letters
Life in UK pass certificate for main and dependant
Water bills on joint names
Council tax bills on joint names
Child Birth certificate - original and copies
Original marriage certificate and copy
NHS letters
Poll cards
BT bills
Tenancy agreement

Apart from the above as my passport which had my initial entry stamp is not available, I provided additional documents to prove that I have been in the UK from past 5 years. Following are the list:
UKBA enquiry and confirmation letter that my passports are dispatched (Passports were lost during my initial T1 extension applied by Post).
RoyalMail letter confirming the loss in transit
Police complaint letter
Initial employer absence letter
Initial employer job offer letter
Initial employer reliving letter
Payslips during initial employment
Bank statements covering the period of loss of passport till obtaining a new passport
Tenancy agreement (dated 5 years back)
Council Tax letter (dated 5 years back)

I was worried about the loss of passport and also applied for SAR, but could not get any information. I also did not have any copies of the passport stamps (Initial entry). Now I am relieved :D :D

Thank you all once again.. & good luck all future applicants.

ukvisahopeful
Newly Registered

Post by ukvisahopeful » Mon May 11, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi everyone/moderators,

As the guidance has changed recently and the form changed MAY 2015 ! please can anyone provide the specific guidance links from UKBA/gov.uk that underline the exact requirements/documentation needed (cohabitation etc.) for dependents when applying ILR at the same time as the main applicant (ie Dependents-child and spouse)

Can I also ask what is the difference between SET(M) and wife as PBS dependent???

Many thanks in advance for the response.

Regards,
SZ