ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 (registration) application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seagull_partyof1
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 (registration) application processing timelines (onl

Post by seagull_partyof1 » Thu May 28, 2015 6:17 pm

All of my fingers are crossed for you! And myself. This is getting a little ridiculous, and isn't helped by the fact that my FedEx tracking information was weird.
bizzywizzy wrote:Thank you very much I have just emailed them asking why I haven't heard thing in the seven weeks since my applications were received.

Mike
seagull_partyof1 wrote:This is the email address I got from the Visa and Immigration website:

FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

It can take up to 20 days for them to respond but they've been a bit quicker than that so far.
bizzywizzy wrote:Who are you emailing as I am not getting any response to the general UKVI email. All of their responses tell me to check the status of my visa application, but MN1 is not a visa application.

Mike

bfrenchfry

Post by bfrenchfry » Fri May 29, 2015 5:02 pm

bizzywizzy wrote:Thank you very much I have just emailed them asking why I haven't heard thing in the seven weeks since my applications were received.

Mike
seagull_partyof1 wrote:This is the email address I got from the Visa and Immigration website:

FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

It can take up to 20 days for them to respond but they've been a bit quicker than that so far.
bizzywizzy wrote:Who are you emailing as I am not getting any response to the general UKVI email. All of their responses tell me to check the status of my visa application, but MN1 is not a visa application.

Mike
Ugh I'm in the same boat. 5 weeks with no acknowledgement, nothing. The stupid auto response says they aim to acknowledge in 6 weeks and we can't contact them until it's been 8. What are they doing?

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:12 pm

Can any one answer please 
Filling mn1 for child
Mine ILR 10 years Long residency 
1. Will it be section 1(3)?

2. Question 2.1 not filling as child born here? As guidance note says
2.1 For an application in respect of a child who was born abroad and who is now living in the UK or a British overseas territory, please say when they first arrived.

3. Not filling Section 3 as guidance notes says
If the application is in respect of a child born abroad, to parents who are British citizens by descent under section 3 (2) or 3 (5) you should complete this section, otherwise go straight to Section 4: Good Character.

4. Not filling section 4 as guidance note says
This section applies to the child applicant if they are aged 10 and over. (Mine is 4 and 6)

5. Section 5 
As my both children at primary school so I can request teacher to give reference but can 2nd referee be the teacher from the same school or not?
Should I request a letter from school even though I am applying via post not using NCS

Section 8 
Will I have to send my Pakistani passport? Original or Copy
I have 1 marriage certificate but applying for 2 kids so what to do (Dumb..  )
For my children's
Their all passports
Biometric cards
Original birth certificates 

Please help me with your valuable advice 
Thank you for your time to answer my query

moulie18

Post by moulie18 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:16 pm

Applied to my child on 27th May via NCS Dagenham together to myself(AN)
H.O received the application today.

The guy at the NCS told us to wait around a month for the money to be taken, as there was a backlog for a month.
Hopeful and waiting!

tahir.usman201

Post by tahir.usman201 » Sat May 30, 2015 12:03 am

imi99999 wrote:Can any one answer please 
Filling mn1 for child

2.1 For an application in respect of a child who was born abroad and who is now living in the UK or a British overseas territory, please say when they first arrived.

If the application is in respect of a child born abroad, to parents who are British citizens by descent under section 3 (2) or 3 (5) you should complete this section, otherwise go straight to Section 4: Good Character.

This section applies to the child applicant if they are aged 10 and over. (Mine is 4 and 6)

5. Section 5 
As my both children at primary school so I can request teacher to give reference but can 2nd referee be the teacher from the same school or not?
Should I request a letter from school even though I am applying via post not using NCS

Section 8 
For my children's
Their all passports
Biometric cards

Hi,

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. One referee should be any one who know you and other one should be professional like as you said school teacher is ok
but one should be british passport holder.
Setion 8:
You have to send original passport with your BRP ( I sent my Indefinite Approval letter with photo copy of passport and BRP, I am still for the decision so i cant suggest you now util I my kids application approve)
You have to send both kids application in one Pack and Marriage Certificate must be in english.
For your child their previous passport, BRP and Original full Birth Certificate.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Sat May 30, 2015 6:51 am

Update Eligibility criteria: Section 1(3)
Method of application: NCS( Ealing)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 27/04/2015
Date of debit of fees: 21/05/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement and bio invitation:28/05/2015 Bio enrolled :29/05/2015
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of receipt of documents: Waiting
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Waiting Any one got the registration certificate after enroled the biometric??

rp24
Newly Registered

Post by rp24 » Sat May 30, 2015 12:06 pm

Hello

Can someone share experience of after enrolling for Biometrics for your child, within how many days/weeks approval letter or citizen certificate was received.

Your reply will be appreciated.

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Sat May 30, 2015 7:23 pm

tahir.usman201 wrote:
imi99999 wrote:Can any one answer please 
Filling mn1 for child

5. Section 5 

Section 8 
For my children's
Their all passports
Biometric cards

Hi,

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. One referee should be any one who know you and other one should be professional like as you said school teacher is ok
but one should be british passport holder.
Setion 8:
You have to send original passport with your BRP ( I sent my Indefinite Approval letter with photo copy of passport and BRP, I am still for the decision so i cant suggest you now util I my kids application approve)
You have to send both kids application in one Pack and Marriage Certificate must be in english.
For your child their previous passport, BRP and Original full Birth Certificate.

Thank you ever soo much
Will I need to send my passport and brp or can I send
Decision letter with the copy of my brp and passport

WhiteHawk
Newly Registered

Post by WhiteHawk » Sun May 31, 2015 2:23 pm

[quote="WhiteHawk"]Two applications sent......
Eligibility criteria: Section 1(3)
Method of application: NCS Harrow
Date of receipt by UKBA: 12/03/2015
Debit of fees & receipt of acknowledgement: 18/03/2015
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Waiting

Just to let everybody know, I am still waiting its been already 10 days short 4 months.
Is any one in same situation?
Shall I contact them ? as we were before Bio introduction.

rp24
Newly Registered

Post by rp24 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:45 pm

Hello

Can someone share experience of after enrolling for Biometrics for your child, within how many days/weeks approval letter or citizen certificate was received.

Your reply will be appreciated.

tahir.usman201

Post by tahir.usman201 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:56 pm

Hi,

Three MN1 application sent on 02/04/2015 and Bio Metric enrolled on 08/05/2015, No sign of approval.

Any one got approval after Bio Metric please post it.

Thanks

gg123
Newly Registered

Post by gg123 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:05 am

Any idea which date's application is currently being processed by home office? I submitted through NCS for my 7 month old son on 14th May (received by HO on 15th), but yet to hear from them. Also any input how long does it take after bio-metric to get the approval? I am wondering, for a 7 month old kid, would it be faster?

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:11 am

UPDATE:
vkjainuk wrote:Eligibility criteria: section 1(3)
Method of application: Post
Date of Post: 23/04/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 28/04/2015
Date of debit of fees: 01/06/2015
Date of receipt of ACKNOWLEDGEMENT : waiting
Date of receipt of document: waiting
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of receipt of registration certificate: waiting

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:12 am

I applied for my 15 month old son.
the fee deduction took just over 1 month. Still waiting for other communication.
gg123 wrote:Any idea which date's application is currently being processed by home office? I submitted through NCS for my 7 month old son on 14th May (received by HO on 15th), but yet to hear from them. Also any input how long does it take after bio-metric to get the approval? I am wondering, for a 7 month old kid, would it be faster?

pebb1ee

Post by pebb1ee » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:23 am

I am in the same boat as yourself :) , applied on 21st april through NCS for my 2 year old son, fees deducted on 15th may, no acknowledgement letter neither any biometric letter came yet.. The service seems to be maintained by bunch of stooges lol

[quote="vkjainuk"]I applied for my 15 month old son.
the fee deduction took just over 1 month. Still waiting for other communication.

SKAR
Newly Registered

Post by SKAR » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:06 pm

What's happening, the processing is absolutely dead slow. I have applied in March and still waiting.. if they are taking so much time for kids then can't imagine adult applications?

And why are they taking so much time?? for simple and straightforward applications. Very poor service.

seagull_partyof1
Newly Registered

Post by seagull_partyof1 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:37 pm

From everything I've read, the backlog is probably due to the General Elections and changes that are being made to immigration procedures. While the MN1 process seems largely untouched, I'm sure there's other bureaucratic issues affecting all of the UK government offices at the moment. Trying to stay positive here :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:41 pm

seagull_partyof1 wrote:From everything I've read, the backlog is probably due to the General Elections and changes that are being made to immigration procedures. While the MN1 process seems largely untouched, I'm sure there's other bureaucratic issues affecting all of the UK government offices at the moment. Trying to stay positive here :?
It probably has nothing do with the recent politics but due the usual rush and large number of applications submitted before the fees increase on 6th April every year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rzbca
Bangladesh

Post by rzbca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:54 am

MN1 application:

Eligibility criteria: section 1(3)
Method of application: NCS
Date of receipt by UKBA: 19 May 2015
Date of debit of fees: waiting
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: waiting
Date of 'Biometric Required' Letter:waiting
Date of Biometrics submission: waiting
Date of receipt of documents: waiting

humanityrultz
Mood:

Post by humanityrultz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:57 am

SKAR wrote:March 2015 mn1 applications (Story so far...) May be this will help us understand

Name -----------------Date send-----------Date received------------Results in days----------Applied:NCS/Postal
John50 ------------------06/03/2015 --------- ? ------------------------------ ? -------------------NCS
Dal ----------------------09/03/2015 ---------?------------------------------- ? ------------------- NCS
Lawabinding -----------11/03/2015 ---------15/04/2015 -----------------35 -------------------NCS
WhiteHawk ------------12/03/2015--------- ? ------------------------------ ? -------------------NCS
Satish7686 ------------13/03/2015 --------- ? ------------------------------ ? -------------------NCS
Chudhary --------------13/03/2015 ---------02/04/2015 ------------------20 ------------------NCS
Harpreet Singh -------13/03/2015 ---------16/04/2015 ----------------- 34 ------------------ NCS
Fepute -----------------17/03/2015 --------- ? ------------------------------ ? ------------------ ?
Ramanathan.pl -------18/03/2015 --------- ? ------------------------------ ? -------------------NCS
Since ------------------18/03/2015 ---------14/04/2015 ------------------27 ------------------NCS
Vienna ----------------18/03/2015 ---------15/04/2015 ------------------28 ----------------- Post
Monican --------------18/03/2015 --------- ? ------------------------------ ? -------------------?
Saruni ----------------19/03/2015 --------- ? ------------------------------ ? -------------------NCS
Maccdad -------------23/03/2015 ---------25/04/2015 ----------------- 33 ----------------- Post
HK1 ------------------24/03/2015 ---------08/05/2015 ----------------- 45 ----------------- Post
Uzair Haroon ------- 24/03/2015 --------- ? ------------------------------ ? -------------------NCS
Liam11 --------------24/03/2015 --------- ? ------------------------------ ? -------------------?
e2saleh ------------- 24/03/2015 --------30/04/2015 ------------------ 37 ----------------- NCS
SKAR ---------------- 24/03/2015 --------- ? ------------------------------ ? -------------------NCS
Lake1 ----------------24/03/2015 ---------- 08/05/2015 ---------------- 45 ------------------Post
Crystalboy -----------26/03/2015 --------- ? ------------------------------ ? -------------------NCS
everest --------------26/03/2015 --------- ? ------------------------------ ? -------------------NCS
Kaleem Ahmed -----27/03/2015 --------- ? ------------------------------ ? -------------------NCS
mzi103 --------------27/03/2015 ---------- 08/05/2015 ---------------- 42 -----------------Post
Tinuola77 -----------31/03/2015 --------- ? ------------------------------ ? -------------------?
Shashi20 ------------31/03/2015 --------- ? ------------------------------ ? ------------------- Post

Out of total 26 applications 10 received/16 waiting.
Interestingly the Postal applications :!: approval rate is higher than NCS. My guesstimation is Shashi20 will get his approval next/may be this week.

Rest of us should continue waiting... :roll: and hope they will start processing NCS applications...

Best wishes
SKAR
Let me join the club..MN1 1(3) have not heard from home office after Fee deduction(25/03/2015)/Acknowledgement letter received(31/03/2015).
Humanityrultz-------16/3/2015---------?--------------------------------?---------------------NCS :?:
Note: When I applied NCS case worker told me HO is very busy... MN1 applications taking minimum 2 months,...but no luck yes.....but of-course with in 6months period(so called rule).
I have tried to contact them on 030001232253(ext 1) but no help due to 6 months rule.
Is anyone have the Migration authority committee contact details..? Please pass it through me.. I would like to send a mail to them .. why MN1 applications required 6 months to take decision and why some applications kept aside for no reason. In other forums I have noticed(WHAT DO THEY KNOW)... employees replied as all applications go through one by one(First in First out) unless any issues... still they should reject or approve applications rather than...on hold. :mrgreen:

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:10 am

My daughter application updates:

Eligibility criteria: section 1(3)
Method of application: NCS - 24 April 2015
Date of debit of fees: 22-05-2015[
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Received the letter from HO on 23/05/2015 dated 21/05/2015
Date of Biometric letter: Received the letter from HO on 23/05/2015 dated 21/05/2015
Date of Biometric: Biometric done on 04/06/2015
Date of receipt of document: waiting

mikeg
Newly Registered

Post by mikeg » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:15 am

mikeg wrote:MN1 x 2

UPDATE

Date of receipt by Home Office: 19/05/2015
Date of debit of fees: 05/06/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Waiting
Date Biometric letter received: Waiting
Date Biometric given: Waiting
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Waiting

the_seeker

Post by the_seeker » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:05 pm

Date and Method of application: 05/05/2015, NCS
Date of receipt by UKBA: 06/05/2015
Date of debit of fees: 29/05/2015 -- took too long, I thought may be some issue with my payment details!!
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 29/05/2015
Date of biometric letter: 04/06/2015, dated 29/05/2015
Date biometrics enrolled: Next week
Date of receipt of approval: Awaiting
Date of receipt of documents: Awaiting
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Awaiting

pmnagendra123

Post by pmnagendra123 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:06 am

Date and Method of application: 14/04/2015, NCS South Gloucestershire
Date of receipt by UKBA: 15/04/2015
Date of debit of fees: 08/05/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:08/05/2015
Date of biometric letter: received 13/05/2015, dated 08/05/2015
Date biometrics enrolled: 14/05/2015
Date of receipt of approval: Awaiting
Date of receipt of documents: Awaiting
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Awaiting

Gemini87
Newly Registered

Post by Gemini87 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi Friends,
I have e-mailed home office regarding processing time scales for MN1 and received automatic response FAQ's. Hope might be useful.

POST APPLICATION QUERIES

Will receipt of my application be acknowledged?

You should receive an acknowledgement within six weeks. If you have not received an acknowledgement within eight weeks please email us at: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk giving your full name date of birth and address.

How long will it take for my application to be decided?

We aim to conclude 100% of applications within six months of receipt. If you applied more than six months ago, you can check the progress of your application by calling our Contact Centre on 0300 123 2253 or by emailing us at: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

What do I do if I need my documents returning before my application is decided?

Advice may be found here

How do I notify you about a change of address?
Advice may be found here

How do I obtain a copy of my certificate of British nationality?

If your certificate was issued after October 1986 click here

If your certificate was issued before 1969, a copy of your certificate may be obtained from The National Archive, who can be contacted at:

Advice & Records Knowledge
The National Archives
Kew
Richmond
Surrey
W9 4DU
Telephone number 0208 876 3444

Further information is available at:
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/cont ... m.asp?id=7
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/reco ... sation.htm

If the certificate was issued between January 1969 and October 1986

Certificates of citizenship issued between January 1969 and September 1986 are no longer available in some cases but The National Archive should still hold a card record of the certificate.

Once a copy of this card record has been obtained from the National Archive (address above), it should be submitted to us with an application for confirmation of British nationality status on Form NS (a non- refundable fee is payable).

The Form NS and guidance can be obtained here. Once the NS application has been submitted and processed we will issue you with a letter, providing we are able to confirm your status.

The personal details on my certificate of British nationality are incorrect. Can they be amended?

Further guidance may be found here

How do I obtain confirmation that I have not been registered or naturalised as a British national?

Further guidance may be found here

Can the Home Office confirm my previous nationality? status and/or passport details at the time of my British nationality application?

The Home Office is only able to comment on issues relating to British citizenship and so cannot confirm your nationality at the time your application was submitted. If you wish to confirm this information you would need to contact your country’s embassy in the UK.

You may wish to note that we record the personal details of individuals who apply for registration or naturalisation as they are recorded on their application form. This may have been supported by documentation which would have been submitted with your application. Copies of documents are not automatically retained on file.

If you did not receive your passport back, your passport would have been sent to your country’s embassy in the UK.

Where do I find information about European Economic Area (EEA) Nationals and their dependants applying for a Registration Certificate and/or a Residence Card?

Visit here if you are an EEA national; and here for information if you are the family member of an EEA national. Further advice may be obtained by calling our Contact Centre on 0300 123 2253.

Where do I find information about immigration?

Further information can be found here or by calling our Contact Centre on 0300 123 2241

Who should I contact if I wish to report (actual or potential) abuse of the UK’s immigration and nationality laws?

You can complete a form and leave this information by clicking here

The Home Office treat any information received seriously and any such information will be forwarded to the relevant department and investigated accordingly.

We are grateful for any information provided. However, we will not be able to advise you of the progress or results of any investigation relating to this information.

If you wish to make an allegation by post, please write to us at the following address:

Allegations Intel
Post Room
1st Floor Apollo House
36 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 3RR

You can remain anonymous, but please include as much detail as possible, including home and/or work addresses and postcodes if you have this information.

What should I do if I have a different nationality related enquiry?

You should call our Contact Centre on 0300 123 2253 or email us at: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (you should provide your name, date of birth, place of birth, current nationality, immigration status and Home Office Reference number where known. A telephone number should also be provided so that we may contact you.

We aim to respond to your enquiry within 20 days.

Please note that a response to an email sent to this address will only be answered if it is a nationality related query. Details of how to contact other departments within UK Visas and Immigration can be found on our website at: www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi