ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Boomshaka
Newly Registered

Re: April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

Post by Boomshaka » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:10 pm

I applied on 2/04/2015 and did all the biometric staff. As it approached October, I was scared shitless and lost appetite for all edible things. Then on the 6/10/2015, I received a letter from the HO stating that they were unfortunately not able to process my application within the 6 months time frame. Setting jokes aside, I found myself confined to a diaper 24/7 - due to a spontaneous onset of diarrhoea. Then I pulled myself together and followed what one of the members stated in their post - REQUEST FOR DOCUMENTS BACK - which I did on the same day. To my surprise, that did the trick - or so I believe. I received my documents today, accompanied by a letter stating that my application had been successful and an invitation letter would be following within the next couple of weeks.

For those April applicants still waiting - 6 months plus - request for your passport back. You just never know - It may return with a letter on the progress of your application.

Best wishes to April applicants still waiting.

Good luck.

great.britain
Newly Registered

Re: April 2015 Naturalization aonpplication Timeline ONLY

Post by great.britain » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:28 pm

PHEW! Finally, 4 famous brown envelopes (for me, my wife and two sons) have brought glad tidings today!

I phoned my MP last week and then she wrote a letter to HO. It seems that contact with the MP has worked. Our applications were absolutely straight forward. No points on driving licence! No tax issues, but still it took our approval letters precisely 6 months and 1 day to come through.

Wish all the rest of you good luck! :D

Eligibility criteria: Tier 1 General 5 years + ILR 1 year
Language criteria met (UK degree)
Current nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Hammersmith
Date of application: 01/04/2015
Payment method: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: update 7/4/15
Date of debit or clearance of fees: fee taken today 27/4/15
Date of acknowledgment: waiting
Date approval received: 16 Oct (dated 8 Oct)
Date of ceremony: to be confirmed next week
great.britain

vignezh

Post by vignezh » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:21 am

The famous brown envelope finally arrived this morning... 6 months and 1 week, after receiving email and letter from HO saying our applications raising complex issues, etc. Thanks everyone that helped through the process.

Eligibility criteria: 5 year Tier 1 + 1 year
Language criteria: IELTS expired, used for Tier 1 and ILR
Current nationality: India
Council name - NCS Braintree
Date of application: 08/04/2015
Payment method: Debit
Date of receipt by UKBA: 09/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 01/05/2015 (this is the date balanced dropped, but relected on the statement as 06/05/2015)
Date of acknowledgment: Not received
Date of Biometrics Letter Recieved: 08/05/2015 (dated 01/05/2015)
Date of Biometrics Done: 09/05/2015
Date approval received: 17/10/2015 (dated 10/10/2015)
Date of ceremony: to be booked

khawar6
Newly Registered

Post by khawar6 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:46 am

Finally received my nationality approval yesterday after the Waite of 5 months and 26 days. Below is my time line :-

Naturalisation Timeline
10 years plus 1 year ILR
UK Master Degree
Submitted : 22-04-2015
Received by UKBA : 23-04-2015
Fee deducted : 20-05-2015
Acknowledgment Letter : 22/05/2015
Biometric : 23/05/2015
Approval Letter : 16/10/2015 (dated 7/10/2015)
Cermoney booked : 27/10/2015

Same day I received approval letter I also went to see my MP in the morning (received approval letter after I went to see my MP) and requested him to check the status of my application with HO but now I will request him no need to bother HO...:-(

I wish all of you best of luck and my best wishes and prayers are with you all who are waiting for their approvals.

KS

syedimran83
Newly Registered

Post by syedimran83 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:06 am

Hi Guys

So finally the long wait is over better late than never Received my approval. Please find my details below

Applied on : 9th April NCS Redbridge
Eligibility : 5 yr Tier 1 + 1 ILR
Biometric done : 5th May
Approval letter : 17th October (dated 10th )
Ceremony : will book on Monday

Thanks for all your help and support.

Will keep you posted on ceremony details

Thanks

starstarstar
Newly Registered

Post by starstarstar » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:15 pm

Finally,

I applied 14-4-15

I just got my acceptance letter today the 17th of Oct.

My ceremony is book for the 12th of November.

Thank you so much for everyone on here who has posted. This forum has saved my life. My friend who applied in May and got her acceptance letter in September just got her letter for her passport interview. It appears its about a month after ceremony for passport interview. Please be patient if you are still waiting. blessings to all.

theflare_007
Newly Registered

Post by theflare_007 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi everyone
After a long wait. I have received my brown envelope today with my approval letter. Going to book my ceremony tomorrow.

Applied via ncs: 17th april 2015
Received biometric invitation + acknowledgement : 12th may 2015
Biometric given: 19th may 2015
Letter sent to my MP:28th sep 2015 ( no reply from my mp as yet)
Approval: 17th oct 2015.

I can understand how much frustrating this whole process has been for everyone. I wish you all Good luck to everyone who is still in the queue
Best wishes

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:23 pm

Hi guys I just racvied my citizenship approvel latter today with ceremony invition so I am gonna book my ceremony Monday ....I applied 14th April 2015 I was eea family member my application took bang on 6 month I pry for everyone who still waiting them approvel thanks god

maak
Newly Registered

Post by maak » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:51 pm

Applied via ncs: 15th april 2015
acknowledgement: 11/05/15
Received biometric invitation : 14th may 2015
Biometric Submitted : 15 th may 2015
Approval: 16th oct 2015 dated 10/10/15

bay_girl2
Newly Registered

Post by bay_girl2 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:10 pm

Well my six months was up yesterday. My MP called two weeks ago and was told it was "progressing normally" but that due to delays caused by stricter regulations, it could take up to another three months.
Both my letter and ceremony invitation came today! I honestly think my application was hidden away and had been forgotten until he called. Get your MP involved, keeping calling hi or her until they agree to help. I think I'd still be waiting if my MP hadn't contacted them.
Applied April 14
Biometrics June 01
MP called the HO October 05
Approval letter dated October 13

bay_girl2
Newly Registered

Post by bay_girl2 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:38 pm

Oh my, looks like they came across that week's worth of applications they forgot from mid April!

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:40 pm

How long passport application take to prosess? I want to apply when I will done my ceremony hope next Tuesday and if I will apply via post office on 21th October so when I will get interview?

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:36 pm

How long passport application take to prosess? I want to apply when I will done my ceremony hope next Tuesday and if I will apply via post office on 21th October so when I will get interview?

Ali_Raza_2244

Post by Ali_Raza_2244 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:49 pm

[quote="Ali_Raza_2244"]Eligibility criteria: (5 Years + ILR)
Date of application:28/04/2015 (Hatfield NCS)
Date of receipt : 29/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 21/05/2015 (Debit Card)
Date of acknowledgement:
Date of Biometrics Done: 01/06/2015
Date approval received: 14/10/2015
Date of ceremony:16/10/2015

Thanks God , Finally got it after a long and stressful wait. Also, want to thanks this forum which provided lots and lots of great information and patience all the way.

2 Things I would like to mention:
(1) I had a FPN ( speeding ) in 2014 so I had to mention it as it was in the last 1 year so I declare it in the additional information.

secondly if that helps for anyone still waiting I did email HO on 29th September, didn't get any reply as usual then email MP on 12 Oct asking him to help me find the status telling him that I chased HO with no reply, my MP replied back next day that HO approved my application on 1st Oct and dispatched on 13th Oct. date on approval letter was 5th Oct, so between approval and the letter reaching you can take 10 - 12 days.

Please do let me know if anyone has any query, please either post here or through PM.

T1V
Newly Registered

Post by T1V » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:08 pm

Finally the painful wait is over

Eligibility criteria: 10 years + 1 year
Language criteria: B1
Current nationality: Pakistan
Council name - NCS Redbridge
Date of application: 10/04/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees:Date of acknowledgment: 7th May 2015
Date of Biometrics Letter Recieved: 07/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Done:
Date approval received: 17/10/2015 (dated 12/10/2015)
Date of ceremony: to be booked

I want to thank this forum for the help it has provided during this period. All those who are waiting, don't worry your approval is on the way.

Antsmall

Post by Antsmall » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:53 am

Greetings! I'd be very interested to hear what happens. I and some other people on another thread (namely this http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1257522) are applying through the very similar form UKF (British fathers), and some of us are in the same boat as you since we reside in the USA and we're being given the run-around regarding this business of biometric facilities not having been set up yet. I've contacted what I think are the relevant people asking when these long-awaited infrastructures will be ready, but as a rule they take about a month to reply so we're all in the dark about this. Good luck and I'll be happy to hear of any news!
NJProfessor wrote:I have been watching this on and off since I found it last May or June. My story is pretty frustrating, but thought it might be useful.

Applied from the US using Form UKM - child of a British mother; I was born in 1958 in the US.
The paperwork was received April 8, according to the post office tracking; included my US Passport, my BC and mother's BC.

I hear absolutely nothing. No acknowledgement; nothing. It took me a while to figure out what email to send something to, but I finally enquired through FurtherNationalityEnguiries on June 17. Heard nothing. Emailed again on July 17.

On July 31, received the following email:

Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for your email. Your email has been forwarded to the relevant department where appropriate action will be taken. Regards...

And, as you have probably guessed, that's it.

EXCEPT, I noticed on August 20, that my credit card had finally be charged the 80 pound fee.

THEN, a couple days ago, my wife told me a package came in the mail for me (I am on sabbatical out of town) containing my passport, BCs and a letter stating that they are running behind because of setting up US biometrics, and will follow up with me when that is ready in the near future (Don't know exact words since I don't have the letter.)

So that's where I am.

Frustrating on the biometrics because they received my UKM form before the biometrics came into force - and in fact, the version of the form I used (was then current) made no mention of biometrics.

Just thought I'd pass along my story at this point.

cctocc

Post by cctocc » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:51 pm

Dear All

I applied though NCS on 14th of April, here is my timeline

Date of application: 13/04/2015
Payment method: Cheque
Date of receipt by HO: 15/04/15

Date of debit or clearance of fees: 13/05/15
Date of acknowledgment letter: NEVER
Date of Biometrics Letter Received: 03/06/2015
Date of Biometrics Done: 04/06/2015

Now is more than 6 month and I am still waiting. I can see some people received a letter from HO said words like “unfortunately we could not finish your application within 6 months” but I do not receive this letter for the time being.

I sent an email to my local NCS last week and asked them if they got any news just in case my letter lost during post but still have not got any reply.

I know you can email HO after 6 month but I do not think they might only reply you a template letter. I do not know if it is better to write a letter to them instead.

I also understand my local MP might help but I am not sure if this is too small to bother him or not.

Please advise guys and thanks for your reply.

silverlining
Newly Registered

Post by silverlining » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:29 pm

dear cctocc,

I would do the following if I was in your situation:

1. Call home office first thing tomorrow morning. I know sometimes they just give you standard answers but I personally think that it does highlight your case and brings it to the surface in case your application has been put under a big pile and not been looked at.

2. I would also write an email to the HO to inquire about the status of your application.

3. I would write an email to my local MP and ask for assistance.

I hope your application is approved asap. Please do not lose patience and I'm sure you'll hear a good news very soon.

Cheers

cctocc

Post by cctocc » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:22 pm

silverlining wrote:dear cctocc,

I would do the following if I was in your situation:

1. Call home office first thing tomorrow morning. I know sometimes they just give you standard answers but I personally think that it does highlight your case and brings it to the surface in case your application has been put under a big pile and not been looked at.

2. I would also write an email to the HO to inquire about the status of your application.

3. I would write an email to my local MP and ask for assistance.

I hope your application is approved asap. Please do not lose patience and I'm sure you'll hear a good news very soon.

Cheers
hi,thank you very much for your reply, I will try to email to send a letter to HO first before I contact my local MP, do you think sending a letter is more formal than email? I have been noticed that HO will normally reply your email within 10 working days so I am not sure sending a letter is better. Cheers

esukhpreet9
Newly Registered

Post by esukhpreet9 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:54 am

esukhpreet9 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 years Tier1 + 1.4 years ILR (Single applicant)
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS Hounslow
Date of application: 23/04/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: not sure
Date of debit or clearance of fees:21/05/2015
Date of acknowledgment:21/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Letter Received: 22/06/2015
Date of Biometrics Done:26/06/2015
Date approval letter: waiting
Date of ceremony: waiting

Emailed HO last week, no reply yet
Update
Date of approval letter: 6th Oct (received 16th Oct)
Date of ceremony: Next group ceremony date available 9th Dec.

My council charges £225 for a private ceremony if I want to go earlier.
Also they will not refund/adjust the £80 which I have already paid with my application , seems unfair

Shouldn't I be able to apply for refund if I don't take group ceremony?

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:00 am

esukhpreet9 wrote:My council charges £225 for a private ceremony if I want to go earlier.
Also they will not refund/adjust the £80 which I have already paid with my application , seems unfair

Can you not do the private ceremony in a different council that is a bit cheaper? Not sure if you can or not. :roll:

mianrm

Post by mianrm » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:10 am

smartkhan wrote:
esukhpreet9 wrote:My council charges £225 for a private ceremony if I want to go earlier.

Can you not do the private ceremony in a different council that is a bit cheaper? Not sure if you can or not. :roll:
I think you can not. as your certificate is already with the council you used to submit your application, or if you applied via post then your local council already have your certificate with them.

You can change the council but i think its a long way to go. the certificate needs to back to HO and then to the new council.

Best way is to go with the same council and get it done either in a group or privately. my council jsut charged me £ 90 for 2 adults and 2 kids as a family private ceremony.
Date of application Delivered (16/04/2015)
Date of Approval: 16/10/2015 dated:12/10
Date of Private Ceremony Booked: 20 / 10 / 2015

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:16 am

mianrm wrote:Best way is to go with the same council and get it done either in a group or privately. my council jsut charged me £ 90 for 2 adults and 2 kids as a family private ceremony.
That's really cheap. Which council is it? Can you do private family ceremonies on Saturday?

mianrm

Post by mianrm » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:31 am

smartkhan wrote:
mianrm wrote:Best way is to go with the same council and get it done either in a group or privately. my council jsut charged me £ 90 for 2 adults and 2 kids as a family private ceremony.
That's really cheap. Which council is it? Can you do private family ceremonies on Saturday?
St Albans/Hatfield council . i am not sure about Saturday ceremonies mate...
Date of application Delivered (16/04/2015)
Date of Approval: 16/10/2015 dated:12/10
Date of Private Ceremony Booked: 20 / 10 / 2015

mimanchee
Newly Registered

Post by mimanchee » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:12 am

Finally, my brown envelope came. FYI, I called HO last Wednesday (14th Oct) to ask for an update on my application. The woman at HO (irresponsibly) answered "It's still under consideration". I asked what that meant, she said that means I'd have to wait a bit longer and she didn't know for how long.

I was on the verge of contacting my MP then I received the approval letter on Saturday morning and it dated 6th October. I'm sure the HO call centre just give you standard answers to get you off the phone. I know this has happened to a few other people so don't lose hope.

Anyway, all is forgiven now :)

Eligibility criteria: 10 year LR + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: UK Degree
Method of application: NCS Manchester
Date of application: 1st April
Date of receipt by UKBA: 2nd April
Date of debit or clearance of fees: April 25th
Date of acknowledgment: a few days after
Date of Approval Received: 17th October (dated 6th October)
Date of Ceremony: 21st October