ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ayeesha29
Newly Registered
Finland

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Ayeesha29 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:21 am

nora_804 wrote:
ten513 wrote:
nora_804 wrote:I got a letter for Home Office today, because I send a Pre-action protocol. The letter says:

Thank you for you pre-action protocol communication concerning the refusal (dated 29 september 2015) of your application for Residence card. You express surpise at the refusal and do not understand it, considering the evidence and information you provided.

Perhaps the explanation could have been clearer. The decision maker considers applications in stages, and each stage confirms that certain obligations have been met by the applicant, leading one stage into the next. The final stage is to recognise that all conditions are met. Unfortunately your application, detailed though it was, fell at the first stage that is, whether you have provided the requisite identity document(s). Although the refusal letter sets out the provision that

17.—(1) The Secretary of State must issue a residence card to a person who is not an EEA national and is the family member of a qualified person or of an EEA national with a permanent right of residence under regulation 15 on application and production of—
(a)a valid passport; and
(b)proof that the applicant is such a family member.

it does not clearly say, for which we apologise, that the passport ( that you explained was already in our possession), expired on 4 November 2013 and its thus not valid. Consequently your application was refused. As you have noticed, the letters refers to 17(1)(b) whereas it would better have referred to 17(1).

We apologise for that error also. Although you also provided an ARC card, this was not acceptable because your asylum application was refused and appeal rights have been exhausted. In the light of the foregoing, it is improbable that the court would find our action unlawful in conjunction with this explanation.

You might consider obtaining an up to date valid passport and applying again. If you cannot do so for reasons beyond your control, you might wish to fully explain the circumstances and provide an alternative form of identity with your application, for consideration

Hi Nora_804,
Processes and procedures for EEA documentation applications V3.0 Published for Home Office staff on 08 October 2015

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v3_0.pdf

It give clear instructions about
- Identification document and Alternative evidence of identity

Hope it help.

Have a nice weekend everyone.
Thank you so much, I will write a new letter to HO now. Have a nice weekend

I honestly do not think this applies to Nora's case. If you read the guidelines carefully, it states "an alternative evidence will not be accepted if an asylum application was refused and right of appeal has been exhausted".
The letter from HO also reiterates this point. I am of the opinion that only the submission of a valid passport will help your case.
I know you mentioned in your previous post that it is difficult to get a new passport from the embassy. Can I ask why?

MariannaUK
Newly Registered

Post by MariannaUK » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:03 am

Guys I'm from September batch (applied on Sep 22nd) and haven't received my correct biometrics letter yet...it's been more than 15 days now that I got first letter with wrong surname and on the same day I emailed then (October 3rd)...Haven't heard or received anything so far - more than 2 weeks...

I desperately need my COA now...I can't believe it's almost a month now and I haven't even enrolled my biometrics...could anyone help on what to do?

FYI I sent several e-mails after the first one, a letter by mail and called three times, having been given always the same response - you need to wait, and if you don't receive anything, send another email.

Anyone with a similar case? Or who could get a second biometrics letter (for any reason) faster than I, what did you do?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks a lot

nora_804

Post by nora_804 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:34 am

Ayeesha29 wrote:
nora_804 wrote:I got a letter for Home Office today, because I send a Pre-action protocol. The letter says:

Thank you for you pre-action protocol communication concerning the refusal (dated 29 september 2015) of your application for Residence card. You express surpise at the refusal and do not understand it, considering the evidence and information you provided.

Perhaps the explanation could have been clearer. The decision maker considers applications in stages, and each stage confirms that certain obligations have been met by the applicant, leading one stage into the next. The final stage is to recognise that all conditions are met. Unfortunately your application, detailed though it was, fell at the first stage that is, whether you have provided the requisite identity document(s). Although the refusal letter sets out the provision that

17.—(1) The Secretary of State must issue a residence card to a person who is not an EEA national and is the family member of a qualified person or of an EEA national with a permanent right of residence under regulation 15 on application and production of—
(a)a valid passport; and

it does not clearly say, for which we apologise, that the passport ( that you explained was already in our possession), expired on 4 November 2013 and its thus not valid. Consequently your application was refused. As you have noticed, the letters refers to 17(1)(b) whereas it would better have referred to 17(1).

We apologise for that error also. Although you also provided an ARC card, this was not acceptable because your asylum application was refused and appeal rights have been exhausted. In the light of the foregoing, it is improbable that the court would find our action unlawful in conjunction with this explanation.

You might consider obtaining an up to date valid passport and applying again. If you cannot do so for reasons beyond your control, you might wish to fully explain the circumstances and provide an alternative form of identity with your application, for consideration

Hi Nora_804,
Processes and procedures for EEA documentation applications V3.0 Published for Home Office staff on 08 October 2015

Hope it help.

Thank you so much, I will write a new letter to HO now. Have a nice weekend[/quote]

I honestly do not think this applies to Nora's case. If you read the guidelines carefully, it states "an alternative evidence will not be accepted if an asylum application was refused and right of appeal has been exhausted".
The letter from HO also reiterates this point. I am of the opinion that only the submission of a valid passport will help your case.
I know you mentioned in your previous post that it is difficult to get a new passport from the embassy. Can I ask why?[/quote]

Hi Ayeesha29
Some countries do not like that their citizens seeking asylum, and they will not help you when they suspect that you have applied for asylum or protection.

I saw in this guidelines that according to regulation 29 In accordance with the 2006 Regulations, a person must present a valid identity card issued by an EEA member state or a valid passport in order to benefit from certain provisions of the Regulations - for example when applying for a document or seeking to appeal a decision . It is accepted, however, that there may be exceptional reasons why a person cannot provide such documentation.

For this reason, regulation 29A has been inserted into the 2012 Regulations and came into force on 8 the November 2012. This gives the Secretary of State discretion to accept alternative evidence of identity
and nationality where the person is unable to obtain or produce the required document due to
circumstances beyond his or her control.

I will try to send a new letter about that we send them a birth certificate, and we have requsted back the passport and they did not send it back. ARC is unvalid because my husband did not appeal the asylum decision and we applied i the same time for EEA RC.

Unfortunately I have not lived here in the UK for so long and I'm not familiar with the British rules, if I had known all this so I would not let my husband to do such things as not to appeal the asylum decision .I did not know what a ARC is, I did not know the importance of this. My husband has done a lot of things, he goes in vicious circle with the authorities. Now he is sitting here with no proof of his identity. Fortunately, I have begun to understand the rules because I've gotten a lot of help of you all and much advice. Thank you so much
Application sent: 14.04.15
COA: 05.05.15
Passport requested: 03.09.15
Passport received: 15.09.15
Home office called my employer: 10.09.15
Im EEA citizen, RC for my husband
RC: Pending

kristo

Post by kristo » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:55 am

nora_804 wrote:
Ayeesha29 wrote:

(a)a valid passport; and

Hi Nora_804,

Hope it help.

I know you mentioned in your previous post that it is difficult to get a new passport from the embassy. Can I ask why?[/quote]

Hi Ayeesha29
Some countries do not like that their citizens seeking asylum, and they will not help you when they suspect that you have applied for asylum or protection.

I saw in this guidelines that according to regulation 29 In accordance with the 2006 Regulations, a person must present a valid identity card issued by an EEA member state or a valid passport in order to benefit from certain provisions of the Regulations - for example when applying for a document or seeking to appeal a decision . It is accepted, however, that there may be exceptional reasons why a person cannot provide such documentation.

For this reason, regulation 29A has been inserted into the 2012 Regulations and came into force on 8 the November 2012. This gives the Secretary of State discretion to accept alternative evidence of identity
and nationality where the person is unable to obtain or produce the required document due to
circumstances beyond his or her control.

I will try to send a new letter about that we send them a birth certificate, and we have requsted back the passport and they did not send it back. ARC is unvalid because my husband did not appeal the asylum decision and we applied i the same time for EEA RC.

Unfortunately I have not lived here in the UK for so long and I'm not familiar with the British rules, if I had known all this so I would not let my husband to do such things as not to appeal the asylum decision .I did not know what a ARC is, I did not know the importance of this. My husband has done a lot of things, he goes in vicious circle with the authorities. Now he is sitting here with no proof of his identity. Fortunately, I have begun to understand the rules because I've gotten a lot of help of you all and much advice. Thank you so much[/quote]

Hi Nora,
Sorry about you and your husband situation is quite unfortunate, However i have a bit piece of advice for you (just my Opinion), for the fact that your husband case is very complicated and Uk immigration is Strict on EEA applications, maybe you can consider moving to germany, Frankfurt to be precise, the procedure is very fast and simple and later you can come back to Uk to reapply and with German EEA card you dont need visa getting back into the Uk and atleast be at the safer side that your husband has valid residence.
I wish you and your husband all the best, God bless you

nora_804

Post by nora_804 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:09 am

kristo wrote:
Ayeesha29 wrote:

(a)a valid passport; and

Hi Nora_804,

Hope it help.

Hi Nora,
Sorry about you and your husband situation is quite unfortunate, However i have a bit piece of advice for you (just my Opinion), for the fact that your husband case is very complicated and Uk immigration is Strict on EEA applications, maybe you can consider moving to germany, Frankfurt to be precise, the procedure is very fast and simple and later you can come back to Uk to reapply and with German EEA card you dont need visa getting back into the Uk and atleast be at the safer side that your husband has valid residence.
I wish you and your husband all the best, God bless you[/quote]

Thank you Kristo

We are considering other opportunities that you mention now that go to other countries. But I do not know how to obtain a passport for my husband. I have a Norwegian passport and he could have easily obtained a residence permit in Norway too, but one of the criteria is that he must have a valid passport hahahahaha

MariannaUK
Newly Registered

Post by MariannaUK » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:13 am

elizsky wrote:
kamoe wrote:End of August / September 2015 batch timeline (to date 13.10)

A: Application sent/received
P: Payment deducted (if paying via your bank, n/a if paid via other method)
E: Email acknowledgement to EEA national (only if QP/PR & RC joint app, n/a if only RC)
Bio: Biometric letter dated/received/biometrics enrolled
CoA: Certificate of Application dated/received (w = with or w/o = without right to work)
RC: Residence Card dated/received

LaliVallejo: A: 24.08/?->P: ?->E: ?->Bio: 02.09/?/07.09->CoA: 02.09/?(w/o)
elizsky: A: 25.08/26.08->P: 28.08->E: 04.09->Bio: Pending
ClaCarSa: A: 26.08/27.08->P: 27.08->E: n/a->Bio: 04.09/09.09/?->CoA: 04.09(w/o)

Ayeesha29: A: 02.09/03.09->P: n/a->E: 12.09->Bio: 15.09/19.09/19.09->CoA: 30.09/05.10(w)
mard2530: A:05.09/08.09->P: 09.09->E: ? ->Bio: 16.09/19.09/19.09->CoA: 07.10/10.10(w)
Mo2013: A: 07.09/unknown->P: 16.09->E: ? ->Bio: 22.09/29.09/30.09->CoA: Pending
gaus: A: 07.09/08.09->P: ?->E: ? ->Bio: 21.09->CoA: 21.09(w/o)
kamoe: A: 09.09/10.09->P: 11.09->E:18.09->Bio: 17.09/21.09/22.09->CoA:17.09/21.09(w/o)
Idiot spammer: A: 11.09/14.09->P: 15.09->E: ? ->Bio: 18.09/23.09/24.09->CoA: Pending
snowflower: A: 11.09/14.09->P: 16.09->E: ? ->Bio: ?/18.09/24.09->CoA: Pending
aliuk100: A: 12.09/14.09->P: 17.09->E: ? ->Bio: 21.09/24.09/24.09->CoA: 08.10/10.10(w)
todyhy: A: 14.09/15.09->P: 16.09->E: n/a ->Bio: 21.09/25.09/25.09->CoA: 09.10/12.10(w)
Mushumumu: A: 17.09/18.09->P: 21.09->E: 24.09->Bio: 23.09/26.09/28.09 -> CoA: Pending
embassyinternational: A: ?/22.09->P: 26.09->E: ?->Bio: 28.09/?/05.10->CoA: Pending
MariannaUK: A: 22.09/?->P: ?->E: ?->Bio: 03.10 (incorrect)
ten513: A: 24.09 / 25.09 -> P: 28.09 -> Bio: 02.10/08.10/10.10 ->CoA: Pending
voxnihili: A: 27.09/29.09->P: 30.09->E: 06.10->Bio: 05.10/08.10/09.10->CoA: Pending
Yasf: A: 30.09/?->P: ?->E: ?->Bio: Pending

Any other late August / Septembers? Please share your timeline if not already in this list. Please also share any updates not in this list
Hi Kamoe,

My first biometric letter was missing (i found out in my second biometric letter) and they mailed another biometric letter to me. Unfortunately, the letter was delivered to the wrong place and i got it on the last day of biometric enrolment. It was a disaster! In the letter written i only have 10 days to enrol my biometrics if i don't do it within the time given and without any explanation; they will straight away reject my application. I rushed to the post office immediately the staff told me i must make an appointment. I was panic and seek help from the post office staff. End up, they tried to help me. I was so relieved. I can't imagine what if i don't receive the biometric letter and they just reject my application. I thought they suppose to check with us why we don't enrol our biometric before reject the application. Letter went missing or delivered to the wrong place is beyond our control!

Biometric Letter Date: 30th September 2015
Received and Enrol Biometrics: 12 October 2015
Hi Elizsky,

Did you ask for another biometric letter after the first one went missing or did they send it automatically? How did you manage to get another one so quickly?

elizsky
Newly Registered

Post by elizsky » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:33 pm

MariannaUK wrote:
elizsky wrote:
kamoe wrote:End of August / September 2015 batch timeline (to date 13.10)

E: Email acknowledgement to EEA national (only if QP/PR & RC joint app, n/a if only RC)
CoA: Certificate of Application dated/received (w = with or w/o = without right to work)

elizsky: A: 25.08/26.08->P: 28.08->E: 04.09->Bio: Pending

Ayeesha29: A: 02.09/03.09->P: n/a->E: 12.09->Bio: 15.09/19.09/19.09->CoA: 30.09/05.10(w)
mard2530: A:05.09/08.09->P: 09.09->E: ? ->Bio: 16.09/19.09/19.09->CoA: 07.10/10.10(w)
Mo2013: A: 07.09/unknown->P: 16.09->E: ? ->Bio: 22.09/29.09/30.09->CoA: Pending
kamoe: A: 09.09/10.09->P: 11.09->E:18.09->Bio: 17.09/21.09/22.09->CoA:17.09/21.09(w/o)
Idiot spammer: A: 11.09/14.09->P: 15.09->E: ? ->Bio: 18.09/23.09/24.09->CoA: Pending
aliuk100: A: 12.09/14.09->P: 17.09->E: ? ->Bio: 21.09/24.09/24.09->CoA: 08.10/10.10(w)
todyhy: A: 14.09/15.09->P: 16.09->E: n/a ->Bio: 21.09/25.09/25.09->CoA: 09.10/12.10(w)
Mushumumu: A: 17.09/18.09->P: 21.09->E: 24.09->Bio: 23.09/26.09/28.09 -> CoA: Pending
embassyinternational: A: ?/22.09->P: 26.09->E: ?->Bio: 28.09/?/05.10->CoA: Pending
MariannaUK: A: 22.09/?->P: ?->E: ?->Bio: 03.10 (incorrect)
voxnihili: A: 27.09/29.09->P: 30.09->E: 06.10->Bio: 05.10/08.10/09.10->CoA: Pending

Any other late August / Septembers? Please share your timeline if not already in this list. Please also share any updates not in this list
Hi Kamoe,

My first biometric letter was missing (i found out in my second biometric letter) and they mailed another biometric letter to me. Unfortunately, the letter was delivered to the wrong place and i got it on the last day of biometric enrolment. It was a disaster! In the letter written i only have 10 days to enrol my biometrics if i don't do it within the time given and without any explanation; they will straight away reject my application. I rushed to the post office immediately the staff told me i must make an appointment. I was panic and seek help from the post office staff. End up, they tried to help me. I was so relieved. I can't imagine what if i don't receive the biometric letter and they just reject my application. I thought they suppose to check with us why we don't enrol our biometric before reject the application. Letter went missing or delivered to the wrong place is beyond our control!

Hi Elizsky,

Did you ask for another biometric letter after the first one went missing or did they send it automatically? How did you manage to get another one so quickly?

Hi, I didn't even know they sent me a biometric letter before. I found out in my second biometrics letter. In the biometrics letter mentioned i had 15 working days to enrol my biometrics but i failed to comply the instruction without any reasonable explanation. That's why i know the first biometrics letter was missing.

ten513
Newly Registered

Post by ten513 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:40 pm

Hi Nora,

As I got refused RC since March this year that I dont have passport and my country embassy does not do passport in UK unless I show them that I got visa here. But embassy issue travel document for me to go back to my country to do new passport. And apply family permit to come back to UK which it is priority and free of charge for visa fee. It took me one and a half month to get it because was refused the first time and I got family permit the second time. Now I am in UK apply for RC. This may be another option.

As you mentioned about Birth certificate.
If you look at Application for driving licence. It has mention about Signing a photo to verify identity. I am not sure HO will accept but may help.

You could check more information about identity check on http://www.gov.co.uk.

As far as I know HO have lots of work instructions which not allow public to see.

My opinion is try to get more alternative ID as much as you can. They will accept one of them.

Wish you all the best.

nora_804

Post by nora_804 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:24 pm

ten513 wrote:Hi Nora,

As I got refused RC since March this year that I dont have passport and my country embassy does not do passport in UK unless I show them that I got visa here. But embassy issue travel document for me to go back to my country to do new passport. And apply family permit to come back to UK which it is priority and free of charge for visa fee. It took me one and a half month to get it because was refused the first time and I got family permit the second time. Now I am in UK apply for RC. This may be another option.

If you look at Application for driving licence. It has mention about Signing a photo to verify identity. I am not sure HO will accept but may help.

As far as I know HO have lots of work instructions which not allow public to see.

My opinion is try to get more alternative ID as much as you can. They will accept one of them.

Wish you all the best.
Thank you so much, I will check it now. We have to do everything we can

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:52 pm

End of August / September 2015 batch timeline (to date 18.10)

E: Email acknowledgement to EEA national (if QP/PR & RC joint app, n/a if only RC)

elizsky: A: 25.08/26.08->P: 28.08->E: 04.09->Bio: 30.09/12.10/12.10 ->CoA: Pending

Mo2013: A: 07.09/unknown->P: 16.09->E: ? ->Bio: 22.09/29.09/30.09->CoA: 11.10/14.10
Idiot spammer: A: 11.09/14.09->P: 15.09->E: ? ->Bio: 18.09/23.09/24.09->CoA: 12.10/14.10(w)
MariannaUK: A: 22.09/?->P: ?->E: ?->Bio: 03.10 (incorrect details)
meiqinyan: A: 29.09/30.09->P: 01.10->E: n/a ->Bio: 06.10/10.10/12.10->Coa: Pending

My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:56 pm

elizsky wrote:
Hi Kamoe,

Hi Elizsky

Yaaaay!!!!!
So glad to hear that, finally!!! We have almost all Septembers now our Bio enrolled, I think we just need to wait for everyone to get their CoA, and we are good to start the long wait!

Cheers!
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

soul101
Newly Registered

Post by soul101 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:27 pm

hello everyone
l need advice , l want to put in a second application after my first refusal , we want to do this by ourself , instead of using my solicitor , l have already appeal , which my solicitor did for me ,
we feel he never did a good job in the first place ,
my husband is a student now , he just got admission and his student finance approved ,
pls advice on how to go about this by ourself ,
been trying to find out about the insurance
everything is confusing at the moment ,

we really appreciate your advise
l feel people on this forum are more knowledgeable about the immigration rule than 80% of solicitors out there .

MariannaUK
Newly Registered

Post by MariannaUK » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:58 pm

kamoe wrote:
elizsky wrote:
Hi Kamoe,

Hi Elizsky

Yaaaay!!!!!
So glad to hear that, finally!!! We have almost all Septembers now our Bio enrolled, I think we just need to wait for everyone to get their CoA, and we are good to start the long wait!

Cheers!
Guys I'm from September batch (applied on Sep 22nd) and haven't received my correct biometrics letter yet...it's been more than 15 days now that I got first letter with wrong surname and on the same day I emailed then (October 3rd)...Haven't heard or received anything so far - more than 2 weeks...

I desperately need my COA now...I can't believe it's almost a month now and I haven't even enrolled my biometrics...could anyone help on what to do?

FYI I sent several e-mails after the first one, a letter by mail and called three times, having been given always the same response - you need to wait, and if you don't receive anything, send another email.

Anyone with a similar case? Or who could get a second biometrics letter (for any reason) faster than I, what did you do?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks a lot

MAY RC
Newly Registered

Post by MAY RC » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:24 am

Hi, where are May applicants, please update your application status. applied first week of May and still waiting. I applied as married partner, my wife was here on eea fm visa for 6 months which expired in june. heard nothing from HO since after the CAO on 23 May, therefore little concerned. Please update the progress. Thanks

Yasf

Post by Yasf » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:14 am

End of August / September 2015 batch timeline (to date 18.10)[/b]

E: Email acknowledgement to EEA national (if QP/PR & RC joint app, n/a if only RC)

elizsky: A: 25.08/26.08->P: 28.08->E: 04.09->Bio: 30.09/12.10/12.10 ->CoA: Pending

Mo2013: A: 07.09/unknown->P: 16.09->E: ? ->Bio: 22.09/29.09/30.09->CoA: 11.10/14.10
Idiot spammer: A: 11.09/14.09->P: 15.09->E: ? ->Bio: 18.09/23.09/24.09->CoA: 12.10/14.10(w)
MariannaUK: A: 22.09/?->P: ?->E: ?->Bio: 03.10 (incorrect details)
meiqinyan: A: 29.09/30.09->P: 01.10->E: n/a ->Bio: 06.10/10.10/12.10->Coa: Pending
Yasf: A: 30.09/Bio:13/10/ 16/10/ COA/Pending

Hi everyone I recive Bio letter date- 13/10/2015
Bio submitted-16/10/2015

mard2530

Post by mard2530 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:41 am

Hi,

Has anyone requested their passport in the last two weeks? I did it for mine and my husband's more than 10 working days ago. I haven't received them. I'm worried about it.

There's any number to call to aks for the status?

Cheers,
Application sent: 05/01/2016
Application received: 06/01/2016
Payment taken : 08/01/2016
Biometric letter: 22/01/2016 (20/01/2016)
COA: 08/02/2016 (05/02/2016)
RC: 17/06/2016 (15/06/2016)
Documents: 28/06/2016

r_reid1988
Newly Registered

Post by r_reid1988 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:24 am

Slight update:
I sent a letter with extra evidence including work contracts, bank account statement etc to H/O regarding the Error of no right to work COA when my husband and I are married. Also sent a letter to our local MP regarding this. We received a reply from the MP by the end of the week expressing her sympathy about our stress right now with the right to work being refused, she has passed on our letter along with a request of her own for the case to be looked into immediately so that at least the COA will be resolved allowing my husband to work while we await RC.

Hoping that gives them a kick to reissue it to him correctly!

Timeline now:

App sent: 21/07 (Arrive 23/07)
Pay: 27/07
Bio & COA w/o right to work: 01/08
Bio sent: 12/08
Passp. req: 20/08 (arrive: 29/08)
Letter to H/O & Local MP r.e. COA: 12/10 (received 13/10)
MP reply: 17/10
Husband applied as: EEA FM

nora_804

Post by nora_804 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:07 am

soul101 wrote:hello everyone
l need advice , l want to put in a second application after my first refusal , we want to do this by ourself , instead of using my solicitor , l have already appeal , which my solicitor did for me ,
we feel he never did a good job in the first place ,
my husband is a student now , he just got admission and his student finance approved ,
pls advice on how to go about this by ourself ,
been trying to find out about the insurance
everything is confusing at the moment ,

we really appreciate your advise
l feel people on this forum are more knowledgeable about the immigration rule than 80% of solicitors out there .
Hi soul
Have you send a reconsideration of a decision? if yes, which adress did you send it to?
Im saw that All decisions about whether to reconsider a case or not must be made by a HEO senior
caseworker (SCW). If someone of you how knows how we can get in touch with the HEO senior
caseworker (SCW) or the address please tell me

mmalinconia

Post by mmalinconia » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:08 am

Hi Nora,

I've been following for a while your posts and I really wish you all the best. But I have an impression that your effort will be wasted if you don't follow the UK rules (policies).

Your last letter from HO clearly states that you were refused because of invalid passport. And appealing will not help in this case, as it was a valid reason for refusal. Another type of ID will not be accepted in your case! Do you imagine living without a passport forever?

The most efficient way to get a RC for your husband would be to get any kind of document from his embassy that allows him to travel to his home country. Leave UK for a while (1-2 months) and apply in his country for a new passport. And then apply to UK embassy for a FAMILY PERMIT - 6 months visa (application process takes 2-4 weeks) for EEA family members. Re-enter UK with it and make a new application for RC. A new family permit would facilitate the RC application as it is "a new start in UK" which is taken into account, not your previous immigration history.
nora_804 wrote:

Wish you all the best.

todyhy
Newly Registered

Post by todyhy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:09 pm

mard2530 wrote:Hi,

Has anyone requested their passport in the last two weeks? I did it for mine and my husband's more than 10 working days ago. I haven't received them. I'm worried about it.

Cheers,
I submitted my online request on 05-Oct and received docs just five days later on 10-Oct. I did this after submitting my biometrics and one week before receiving my COA.

voxnihili
Newly Registered

Post by voxnihili » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:51 pm

todyhy wrote:

Has anyone request their passport in the last two weeks? I did it for mine and my husband's more than 10 working days ago. I haven't received them. I'm worried about it.

Cheers,
I submitted my online request on 05-Oct and received docs just five days later on 10-Oct. I did this after submitting my biometrics and one week before receiving my COA.
Did you guys request both passports or just the European one?

I want to get both back (EEA and non-EEA) but I fear they may refuse or delay the application because of this.

Thanks for any advice.

tati*

Post by tati* » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:52 pm

100% agree with you about Nora's case.
mmalinconia wrote:Hi Nora,

I've been following for a while your posts and I really wish you all the best. But I have an impression that your effort will be wasted if you don't follow the UK rules (policies).

Your last letter from HO clearly states that you were refused because of invalid passport. And appealing will not help in this case, as it was a valid reason for refusal. Another type of ID will not be accepted in your case! Do you imagine living without a passport forever?

The most efficient way to get a RC for your husband would be to get any kind of document from his embassy that allows him to travel to his home country. Leave UK for a while (1-2 months) and apply in his country for a new passport. And then apply to UK embassy for a FAMILY PERMIT - 6 months visa (application process takes 2-4 weeks) for EEA family members. Re-enter UK with it and make a new application for RC. A new family permit would facilitate the RC application as it is "a new start in UK" which is taken into account, not your previous immigration history.

leandroalemao
Newly Registered

Post by leandroalemao » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:17 pm

voxnihili wrote:
todyhy wrote:

Has anyone request their passport in the last two weeks? I did it for mine and my husband's more than 10 working days ago. I haven't received them. I'm worried about it.

Cheers,
Did you guys request both passports or just the European one?

I want to get both back (EEA and non-EEA) but I fear they may refuse or delay the application because of this.

Thanks for any advice.
Hi voxnihili

I haven't requested the passports back so far.. I know it can be done without changing the process timeline but If I won't use it why I'd request.. let them keep the passports and send when they finish the process.

If you'll need the passports I think you can request them with no problems.

Thanks

Leandro.

nora_804

Post by nora_804 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:06 pm

mmalinconia wrote:Hi Nora,

nora_804 wrote:

Wish you all the best.
hi mmalinconia
Thank you for your advice. I know it's a waste of time, but I'm trying everything I can do while we are waiting for the passport to my husband that we request from the Home Office ,if they send it back :!: . It will also take some time before my husband gets travel documents from the embassy. As you can see Iam trying everything in the meantime. :cry:

DannyG15

Post by DannyG15 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:42 pm

Hi,

Yes I did just recently. After 14 days, I called them up but they don't actually tell you anything though.
The guy took my details saying someone would call back after 72 hours however I received a call later that afternoon, that was probably because they dispatched the passports days ago & here I was calling up and asking about it. I received everything later that day coincidentally.

I called 0300 123 2253.

Cheers,