ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for Child after getting Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kandasamy

British passport for Child after getting Naturalization

Post by kandasamy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:19 am

Hi
Recently my daughter naturalization application is approved . She born in UK and I am holding in ILR visa.
I am planning to apply for the British passport for my daughter. I am having few doubts:
1. As parent are holding ILR visa, still can I go ahead and submit the British passport for my daughter.
2. Please share me the application form link and guideline
3. Once she got the British passport, immediately can I surrender her Indian passport or I need to wait to get my British passport

Thanks in advance.

Samy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British passport for Child after getting Naturalization

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:23 am

1. Yes

2. Pick up the form and guide from the Post Office. You can also use 1 week fast track for the passport. See also this link (click)

3. Not sure, I am not familiar with the process. Question would be better asked in the 'Other Countries' forum further down on the main page. There is also a FAQs I think.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lijogrg444

Re: British passport for Child after getting Naturalization

Post by lijogrg444 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:51 am

3. Once she got the British passport, immediately can I surrender her Indian passport or I need to wait to get my British passport

You need Naturalisation certificate + UK passsport(both copies) inorder to surrender Indian passport