ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

taftaf
Newly Registered

Re: April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

Post by taftaf » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:03 pm

i rang ho yesterday they said they would ring me within 3 working days,well i had a phone call today but i wasnt at home my wife answered they said that they need to talk to me an they said they gonna ring back this afternoon so am waitin fingers crossed .omg am well stresed now its funny coz they rang me back within 24 hours i dnt know what to aspect,what do u think people tell me please
i applied 1 of april received by ho on the 2nd payment off on the 21 of april and received a complex issue letter on the 14th of october
any ideas please tell me
thnx

viki83

Post by viki83 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:31 pm

Please update once you receive the call. I am sure its nothing imp its bcoz they only speak to the applicant. Expect a same old "processing"...
taftaf wrote:i rang ho yesterday they said they would ring me within 3 working days,well i had a phone call today but i wasnt at home my wife answered they said that they need to talk to me an they said they gonna ring back this afternoon so am waitin fingers crossed .omg am well stresed now its funny coz they rang me back within 24 hours i dnt know what to aspect,what do u think people tell me please
i applied 1 of april received by ho on the 2nd payment off on the 21 of april and received a complex issue letter on the 14th of october
any ideas please tell me
thnx

kashifmir52
Newly Registered

Post by kashifmir52 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:57 am

taftaf wrote:i rang ho yesterday they said they would ring me within 3 working days,well i had a phone call today but i wasnt at home my wife answered they said that they need to talk to me an they said they gonna ring back this afternoon so am waitin fingers crossed .omg am well stresed now its funny coz they rang me back within 24 hours i dnt know what to aspect,what do u think people tell me please
any ideas please tell me
thnx

hi taftaf. i;m in same boat.applied on 1st of april.......no update they called me back on same day when i caled them.....They have generic answer application is still under process.

padhme
Newly Registered

Post by padhme » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:27 am

Hi friends, I received my approval last week and just wanted to reiterate what helped me as it may help those who are still waiting. I emailed my MP asking them to urge HO to expedite the process and told him it was very urgent that I get the approval as soon as possible for a few reasons (this is true in my case. be honest), and emailed this address Kashif (mkashifakram) posted claiming I could get a reply within 24 hours: NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. In that email I wrote that I had already been waiting almost 7 months and it was very urgent I get my approval soon. My approval was dated one day after I sent the email to the email address provided so it may be worth trying for you. Good luck to all still waiting, I very much hope you get your approvals soon!

elmuser
Newly Registered

Post by elmuser » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:14 am

Just received a letter from home office asking me to provide details about how I sustained a living at a certain period when I did not have papers for a period of 6 years. Any benefits I received, colleges I attended with all eveidence

ilr2014test

Post by ilr2014test » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:32 am

what that 6 years period cover? What was your status during that period? and what is the date on letter?

elmuser
Newly Registered

Post by elmuser » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:58 am

Letter dated 25/11/2015. I lived in asylum accommodation and support then was evicted when my case failed and was working and attending uni

jonny1111
Newly Registered

Post by jonny1111 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:50 am

jonny1111 wrote:
Amritsar singh wrote:Hi anyboday got news about approval???

NOT YET.... :(
MY TIMELINE IS AS FOLLOWS,
Android79 wrote:
jonny1111 wrote:Date of application: 15/04/15
Date of receipt by the UKVI: 16/04/15
By Royal Mail SD.
Date of clearance of fees 11/05/15
Acknowledgement received 13/05/15 dated 11/05/15
Biometric received and done 14/05/15
Approval waiting.... :roll:
Ceremony waiting... :roll:
Best luck to all of us.

ilr2014test

Post by ilr2014test » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:43 pm

Called them again today but unfortunately same reply, in process and no decision has been made yet. 7 months 3 days.

Anyone else???

viki83

Post by viki83 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:15 pm

Same here 27/04 and still waiting. I have given up calling them or MP. Dont see any hope before next year.

patiencepays
Newly Registered

Post by patiencepays » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Hi all

I have been a silent observer of this forum for the past few months and I realised it's high time that I posted my timeline.

Number of applicants : 1 Adult
Eligibility criteria: Spouse of BC (ILR)
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 30/04/15
Date of acknowledgment: 28/5/2015
Date of Biometrics: 03/06/2015
Date approval received: pending
Date of ceremony: pending

Till date I have tried all possible ways to reach the HO but in vain. Right now, I am so frustated and losing all my patience :cry:. All orginal documents were posted along with the application and after waiting till mid-June I realised this was going to take much longer. So I requested my documents back due to an emergency travel.

Couple of weeks after 6 months had elapsed, I tried calling the HO and the lady on the other end of the line asked me to wait for 2 more weeks and then call them again which I did. This time a gentleman picked up and he said he could not give any information and all I could do was to request a callback from them.

I requested a callback but unfortunately, I missed their calls on both counts. This is when I decided to reach out to my local MP. I emailed my MP and got a reply saying they tried to reach the HO, and all they got from them was the information that I had requested my original documents back. Period.

Through this forum I learnt about this NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and emailed them too. No reply yet. This is so stressing.

This is such a disappoinment considering my application, AFAIK, is an extremely straightforward one.

As of today, it has been 7 months and 2 days! :!:

narsii

Post by narsii » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:24 pm

janmejay33 wrote:Application for me and wife
Eligibility criteria: Tier1 (5 years) + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): UK Degree
Current nationality: Was Indian, Now British
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Kent
Date of application: 14/04/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA: None
Date of debit or clearance of fees:
Date of acknowledgment: 14/05/2015
Biometrics Done: 15/05/2015
Date approval received: 20/10/2015
Date of Envelopes Received: 30/10/2015
Date of ceremony: Was today Morning 31/10/2015 private Ceremony (paid £210 for both) :lol:

Thanks a lot all of you guys, the info was helpful and while I was waiting for the brown envelopes it helped that we were not the only ones remaining. Those who have not received it yet, I will recommend to Call HO and also to contact local MP as it will help just in case they don't know if your case work is underneath May, June applicants. I called several times and finally on 29th HO called me to tell me that they have taken the decision (off course did not say what the decision was) and sent the docs by post on 27th Oct.
Hi Jay ,
Congrats ..!! Would you please shed some light on my doubts ...
I am also planning to use NCS-Kent for my Naturalisation application and I am a bit confused after I saw your post . .." when you say Brown envelope " , You mean the Passports, further,
1. You didn't attend the passport Interview
2 . The ceremony was made after you receive your passports .

correct me if I am wrong .

Reagards,
Narsii

NJProfessor
Newly Registered

Post by NJProfessor » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:59 pm

Sorry to never have replied! After posting this, I simply put it to the back of my mind since there seems nothing I can do. In any case, here we are Dec 2, and I have heard nothing new at all. The letter I referenced said they would try to let me know something by Dec 25. We'll see...
Antsmall wrote:Greetings! I'd be very interested to hear what happens. I and some other people on another thread (namely this http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1257522) are applying through the very similar form UKF (British fathers), and some of us are in the same boat as you since we reside in the USA and we're being given the run-around regarding this business of biometric facilities not having been set up yet. I've contacted what I think are the relevant people asking when these long-awaited infrastructures will be ready, but as a rule they take about a month to reply so we're all in the dark about this. Good luck and I'll be happy to hear of any news!
NJProfessor wrote:I have been watching this on and off since I found it last May or June. My story is pretty frustrating, but thought it might be useful.

Applied from the US using Form UKM - child of a British mother; I was born in 1958 in the US.
The paperwork was received April 8, according to the post office tracking; included my US Passport, my BC and mother's BC.

I hear absolutely nothing. No acknowledgement; nothing. It took me a while to figure out what email to send something to, but I finally enquired through FurtherNationalityEnguiries on June 17. Heard nothing. Emailed again on July 17.

On July 31, received the following email:

Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for your email. Your email has been forwarded to the relevant department where appropriate action will be taken. Regards...

And, as you have probably guessed, that's it.

EXCEPT, I noticed on August 20, that my credit card had finally be charged the 80 pound fee.

THEN, a couple days ago, my wife told me a package came in the mail for me (I am on sabbatical out of town) containing my passport, BCs and a letter stating that they are running behind because of setting up US biometrics, and will follow up with me when that is ready in the near future (Don't know exact words since I don't have the letter.)

So that's where I am.

Frustrating on the biometrics because they received my UKM form before the biometrics came into force - and in fact, the version of the form I used (was then current) made no mention of biometrics.

Just thought I'd pass along my story at this point.

EternalOptimist
Newly Registered

Post by EternalOptimist » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:01 pm

patiencepays wrote: Till date I have tried all possible ways to reach the HO but in vain. Right now, I am so frustated and losing all my patience :cry:.
To be honest the only thing they are good at is not answering communication.

I have had letters, emails, and phone calls since September go unanswered. Nothing. And all I want to do is change my address. But nobody knows anything, and there are a million excuses and reasons as to why the person I ended up talking to is the wrong person.

5 weeks after my approval, I still haven't been able to establish where the invitation letter has been sent to, and who has sent it.

An absolute shambles. If it wasn't for the fact the UKM application didn't have an application fee, I would have felt really ripped off by this abysmal service delivery.

ilr2014test

Post by ilr2014test » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:40 am

Any update ?????????

patiencepays
Newly Registered

Post by patiencepays » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:38 pm

ilr2014test wrote:Any update ?????????
As a matter of fact, yes :D I am so happy to share this with you all. I just checked my letterbox and guess what I found, the infamous brown envelope! :lol:

As I have mentioned in my earlier post, I had sent an email to
nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. I got a reply from them just few days back saying my application has been approved on 23 Aug and that the approval letter has been posted to me on 29th Nov. It looked like the case worker in question replied directly to me.

Also, I feel my local MP has really helped in chasing up with my application as the approval letter is dated 29th Nov, thats right after I contacted my MP. What I don't understand is what took them such a long time (3 months) to post my approval letter!

I suggest all those who have been waiting for over 6 months, to contact their MPs and to send an email to the above mentioned and tell them your story, because thats what I did and I believe it really helps. You never know your application might have been approved and just sitting over at someones desk, all they have to do is to post the letter to the right address.

This forum has been a godsend to me. I was really frustated and beginning to lose hope but I used to find some solace by hearing other people's stories.

Eligibility criteria: Spouse of BC (ILR)
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 30/04/15
Date of acknowledgment: 28/5/2015
Date of Biometrics: 03/06/2015
Date approval received: 5/12/2015 letter dated 29/11/2015

lastfalcon
Newly Registered

Post by lastfalcon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:43 am

Alhamdullah ,,
I got my approval Yesterday , dated 04/12 ..
I really wish you all the best and just don't give up as my chances were 50/50 to get approved .
time line :
Eligibility criteria: 10y + 1 ILR
Language criteria met : UK degree
Current nationality: Maltese
Method of application: Via Agency
Date of application: 02/04/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA:07/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 23/04/2015
Date of acknowledgment: never
Date of Biometrics: 05/05/2015
Date approval received:10/12/2015 dated 04/12/2015
Date of ceremony: not booked yet

"" just want to add that I've been discharged bankruptcy 5 years ago and my chances are 50/50 to get approved but I have to try

ann999
Newly Registered

Re: April 2015 Naturalisation Application

Post by ann999 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:08 pm

ann999 wrote:
ann999 wrote:NCS Booking: 24/03/2015 asked to fill existing form as new form not released
30/03/2015: New version of form emailed by NCS (title errors on reference form page) :(
31/03/2015: Called NCS to enquire about errors /spacing issue on the reference page of the new form, they said fill it up as it is a released version of the form....
Running around to get new form references filled again :mrgreen:
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 14/04/2015
Payment method: Debit Card
Emailed NCS for proof of posting & enquired cheque not cashed: 06/05/2015
Email from NCS: Backlog of applications so delay in cashing cheque. NCS gave special delivery refence number
New fees from 6th Apr - Bigger Dent in wallet: 14/05/2015 :wink:
Date of mail Acknowledgment received: Not yet received in the post or by email
Date of Biometric Letter received: 02/06/2015
Biometric Enrolment: 03/06/2015
Called to enquire: 13/09/2015 - Informed that no status / delay reasons are provided on the phone. Applicant can only enquire in writing after full 6 months are complete. Given the following address to write and provide name, reference number.
UK Visas and Immigration
PO BOX 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN
Telephone: 0300 123 2241
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4.45pm
Friday, 9am to 4.30pm

Date of approval: 1/10/15
Date approval letter received: 10/10/15 :D
Date of ceremony: HO co-ordinated with the council as per details NCS provided in the form. The council sent the ceremony dates by post. So luckily I do not need to call to book a slot. However I need to call to confirm the date provided suits me or not.
Date of Interview:20/11
Text recd: 23/11
Passport sent by 24/11 but DX did not bother informing till 28/11 by second class post. no text this time. Luckily I had checked with passport office after 2 days of receiving the text from them and arranged re-delivery even before DX contacted me.
Date of passport Received: 28/11

Good Luck to all the other applicants who are still waiting.

kashifmir52
Newly Registered

Re: April 2015 Naturalisation Application

Post by kashifmir52 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:10 am

10 yrs+1 yr ilr
Applied on 1st of April
Application received by HO :7th of April
NCS : Wandsworth (Rubbish service) applied before 6th of april could not reach to HO until 7th of April.(council fault while posting the Application)
Fee : 28th of May
bio metrics: 01 of June

Called on call centre,send an email,wrote letter (recorded) to HO,My MP rang them.
no answer of email of posted letter ,call centre just told me (Parrot Answer) Application status is still active.
MP asked me to contact him with in next 4 to 6 week if i did not receive any reply from HO.MP has been informed Application is still under process.

Approval: LETTER DATED: 5DEC.....Letter Received :12/12/15
My MP was really useful.He really pushed them to answer me ....other wise i have same answer(under process)
:D
Good Luck tp all april applicants.

viki83

Post by viki83 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:32 am

Any more April applicants waiting or am I the only one left now?

arKas
Newly Registered

Post by arKas » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:59 am

viki83 wrote:Any more April applicants waiting or am I the only one left now?
April 1st, still waiting because (at least according to their email): "Furthermore, following recent clarification of the Nationality rules, greater levels of scrutiny will be applied to certain applications. This will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre-date the application for naturalisation. Your case has been identified as such a case and it has not been possible to conclude it within six months."

Elousseili
Newly Registered

Post by Elousseili » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:02 pm

viki83 wrote:Any more April applicants waiting or am I the only one left now?

Eligibility criteria: 6 years
Current nationality: Irish
Method of application: NCS Camden
Date of application: 15/04/15
Payment method : mastercard
Date of receipt by UKBA : 20/04/15
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 13/05/15
Date of acknowledgment: 13/05/15 received on 16/05/15
Date of Biometric invitation: 13/05/15 received on 16/05/15
Date of Biometrics: 20/05/15
Date approval received: pending

ilr2014test

Post by ilr2014test » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:08 pm

Still waiting....

vallae14
Newly Registered

Post by vallae14 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:51 pm

Final update!!!
Application Type: New (naturalised) adult
Method of application: Self
Date of application: 02/12/2015
Application Received:03/12/2015
Date of interview letter:10/12/2015
Date of interview booked:09/12/2015
Date of interview:10/12/2015
Date of return of documents:09/12/2015
SMS received :11/12/2015
Date of Passport received:14/12/2015

That's the long process ended. From 29/04/2015 to 14/12/2015. Almost 8 Months.
All I can say is a big thank you for this forum's guidance. Good luck to everyone else. Have a merry Christmas for any remaining applicants.

ilr2014test

Post by ilr2014test » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:54 pm

Anyone still waiting??????????????????????????????????????.. or is it only me unlucky