ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kafsh_meli
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by kafsh_meli » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:55 pm

patelmehulp1234 wrote:Hi everyone
Does anyone know in what time period does the biometric letter comes after the money gone from the account?
My fees gone from account on 17th December but still waiting for the letter.

No news so far. Any idea? should i contact someone or just wait and watch. November timelines shows the progress and all started getting biometric letters, even the December applications

Thanks
Mehul
I had fees taken from my account on 22nd December and email acknowledgement from the Home Office the same day but no biometric letter or anything at all in the post.

Like you I am also getting a little concerned now as I have noticed that others have received the biometric letter within a few days of the fees being debited.

Concerned that perhaps it went astray in the Christmas post but don't want to start pestering the Home Office already. Not sure what to do really.

baseac
Newly Registered

Post by baseac » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:16 am

patelmehulp1234 wrote:Board indexThe team • Delete all board cookies • All times are UTC
Immigration newsletter ● workpermit.com ● Immigration-online.ru ● Immigration News ● Immigration videos ● Old board
hi.i receive the biometrics request after 2 weeksthey debited my account.

patelmehulp1234
Newly Registered

Post by patelmehulp1234 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:09 am

kafsh_meli wrote:
Does anyone know in what time period does the biometric letter comes after the money gone from the account?

No news so far. Any idea? should i contact someone or just wait and watch. November timelines shows the progress and all started getting biometric letters, even the December applications

Thanks
Mehul
I had fees taken from my account on 22nd December and email acknowledgement from the Home Office the same day but no biometric letter or anything at all in the post.

Like you I am also getting a little concerned now as I have noticed that others have received the biometric letter within a few days of the fees being debited.

Concerned that perhaps it went astray in the Christmas post but don't want to start pestering the Home Office already. Not sure what to do really.
I called nationality team and they said wait till end of Jan and if it doesn't arrive then call back. There is one guy who went for the biometric with out letter in November timeline. I don't know how.

peace84

Post by peace84 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:26 am

Hi Everyone,
I prepare my below documents and still need to sort out referees section.
I am sending my documents direct via Post and not going through NCS

in the mean time can you guys please review my below documents? do you think i am missing any important required documents ?

Original Documents enclosed.

Current Passport
Previous Passport
UK Permanent Residence Permit (BRP) card
Last 5 Years P60s
Employer Letter
Master Degree
Life in the UK Test Certificate
British Citizenship Form AN
HO Payment slip

Thank you.

peace84

Post by peace84 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:32 am

Hi,
one quick question about passport size photos.

Do we have to send any photos along with the application ?
currently i glued one photograph on the Referees and Identity section 5 in Form AN.

do i need to send any more photographs with the application ?

please advise
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:58 am

peace84 wrote:do i need to send any more photographs with the application ?
No
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:06 am

Dear moderator,

I am due to apply for my nationality application on Wednesday next week. I just want to double check about my referees

Referee 1: is my friend who knows me since 2006 and he is currently a personal banker and holding an Indian nationality.

Referee 2: is my colleague who is a senior engineer (not chartered) and knows me since 2010.He is holding a British nationality and over 25 old.

Are they fulfilling HO referee requirements?

Also is it OK to write personal immigration history on page 23 including previous application rejection and appeal against HO decision or write in a separate covering letter and hand this to NCS agent with the other documents and application.

Many thanks

bilal11
Newly Registered

Post by bilal11 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:12 am

Hi all
i am new to this forum and i have query...
i have ccj back in dec 2009 as per court order i am paying £50 per month since that time i didn't miss any single payment. the ccj is 6 years old and it aslo removed from my file. it means if i check my credit history through experian aur equafix then it shows nothing. I already applied my naturalization in august 2015 and declare my ccj. but today i received the letter from home office which states they need extra information regarding my ccj.
they need proof of monthly instalments as i am paying or not and wants me to tell them exact date when its paid in full..
I have the proof of my bank statement from last two years i am paying them. But they want me to tell them date when i pay them full. i dont have means right now to pay them full.
i dont know what to do can any moderator please help me and let me know what can i do in this situation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:26 am

bilal11 wrote:Hi all
i have ccj back in dec 2009 as per court order i am paying £50 per month since that time i didn't miss any single payment. the ccj is 6 years old and it aslo removed from my file. it means if i check my credit history through experian aur equafix then it shows nothing. I already applied my naturalization in august 2015 and declare my ccj. but today i received the letter from home office which states they need extra information regarding my ccj.
they need proof of monthly instalments as i am paying or not and wants me to tell them exact date when its paid in full..
I have the proof of my bank statement from last two years i am paying them. But they want me to tell them date when i pay them full. i dont have means right now to pay them full.
i dont know what to do can any moderator please help me and let me know what can i do in this situation.
Can you not contact the creditor for a letter explaining the debt, how much you have paid and how much you have left and the estimated final payment date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bilal11
Newly Registered

Post by bilal11 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:40 am

CR001 wrote:
bilal11 wrote:Hi all
Can you not contact the creditor for a letter explaining the debt, how much you have paid and how much you have left and the estimated final payment date.
Thank u very much for your reply it means alot
actually the creditor was a mmu university and they give that case to hce group. when i attend the court i explain my financial situation in the court and we mutually decided i pay £50 per month. if we go by £50 per month then its gona take another 3.5 years to fully paid. My question is can home office reject my application on the basis of my old ccj which i am paying but its gona take another 3.5 years to pay in full. I am just scared may be they say pay them full and then apply again???
what should i do in this situation.

kafsh_meli
Newly Registered

Post by kafsh_meli » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:53 pm

patelmehulp1234 wrote:
kafsh_meli wrote:

Thanks
Mehul

I called nationality team and they said wait till end of Jan and if it doesn't arrive then call back. There is one guy who went for the biometric with out letter in November timeline. I don't know how.
I received a letter from the Home Office today acknowledging my application and requesting that I enrol my biometric information. Hopefully yours is also on it's way. I'm guessing perhaps they were closed between Christmas and New Year hence the delay.

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:36 pm

peace84 wrote:Hi Everyone,

in the mean time can you guys please review my below documents? do you think i am missing any important required documents ?

Current Passport
Previous Passport
Last 5 Years P60s
Employer Letter
Master Degree
HO Payment slip

Thank you.
You need not to include p60s/employer letter as in application there is no need to include this. Try to keep your application neat and clean and send only those documents which are mentioned. you suggested master degree/you may keep full transcript. Good luck for your applicationa and put update here time to time. i am also going to apply my citizen application ater 19th jan. cheers !!!!
jignesh

raha333
Mood:

Post by raha333 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:40 pm

Rassel wrote:definitely one year after receiving your ILR date. May 2016
if you are not over stay dec 2008 to feb 2010.

raha333 wrote:Hello everyone,

I came to the UK in Dec 2008 and received refugee status in Feb 2010. I applied for ILR in Jan 2015 but it took 5 months to receive ILR and BRP card with date of May 2015.
My question is can I apply for naturalisation on Feb or have to wait until May? I've been in UK more than 7 years.
Thanks

Thanks Rassel,
No I came to the UK legally. I was asylum seeker and was waiting for outcome from HO in that period of time.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:46 pm

peace84 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Current Passport
Previous Passport
Last 5 Years P60sNot necessary unless you have a self-employment
Employer LetterNot necessary
Master Degree
HO Payment slip

Thank you.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:54 pm

Arsal385 wrote:Dear moderator,

I am due to apply for my nationality application on Wednesday next week. I just want to double check about my referees

Referee 1: is my friend who knows me since 2006 and he is currently a personal banker and holding an Indian nationality.
The list of professionals who can sign is in here
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersons.pdf

Referee 2: is my colleague who is a senior engineer (not chartered) and knows me since 2010.He is holding a British nationality and over 25 old.
Can do

Are they fulfilling HO referee requirements?

Also is it OK to write personal immigration history on page 23 including previous application rejection and appeal against HO decision or write in a separate covering letter and hand this to NCS agent with the other documents and application.
You can do either way. but if I were you, I would do both ways
Many thanks

sud315

Post by sud315 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:34 pm

Hi all,

I have months to wait to apply for citizenship (May 2016)
However few questions bothering me, thought to get some help from here...

As I am believing the rules will change again in April, I have not looked in detail at applying for naturalisation.
However, from the looks of it, it seems pretty similar to the ILR application (I applied 10 year ILR).
So does anybody know why this application is like duplicated? :roll: Still having to send English/ Life in the UK etc all those same as ILR. :roll: :x

Anyway the question is, I have been away 91 days since I got my ILR
So if I do make the application for naturalisation, will they actually count dates 1 by 1 and refuse my application? (Other points I believe I can fulfil).

If they do reject me on this basis, then what will happen?
I have heard there is no chance to appeal for naturalisation application rejections?

Also is there a financial requirement (earnings/ savings) for naturalisation application?
What is the current rough time estimate for these applications?
Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:19 pm

sud315 wrote:Hi all,

As I am believing the rules will change again in April, I have not looked in detail at applying for naturalisation.
However, from the looks of it, it seems pretty similar to the ILR application (I applied 10 year ILR).
So does anybody know why this application is like duplicated? :roll: Still having to send English/ Life in the UK etc all those same as ILR. :roll: :x
There are no rules changes as such for naturalisation so if you have the information on what they are, please do share the link with this detail. It is not similar to ILR. Immigration rules and Nationality rules are very different. It is not a duplicated application process. Citizenship is a privilege not a right and yes, you have to meet the LIUK and English requirement again. Please do remember that some immigration routes do not require LIUK or English for permanent residency.

So if I do make the application for naturalisation, will they actually count dates 1 by 1 and refuse my application? (Other points I believe I can fulfil).
I have already answered your question on the 91 days absence in the other thread where you posted. There is some discretion to disregard absences up to 100 days in the final 12 months prior to application.

I have heard there is no chance to appeal for naturalisation application rejections?
You lose your fee and correct, there is no appeal rights for citizenship. You can ask for a reconsideration (£80) or the more expensive Judicial Review option.

Also is there a financial requirement (earnings/ savings) for naturalisation application?
No

It varies. Some are a couple of months other are much longer. Some forum members are still waiting from May 2014
Many thanks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

raha333
Mood:

Post by raha333 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:32 am

hello everyone,

is there anyway to make application process faster?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:44 am

raha333 wrote:hello everyone,

thanks
No there is not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

wely

Post by wely » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:03 pm

Hi guys

I appreciate if someone helps me to answer this question.
I am due to apply for BC and there is an issue that annoying me and I would like to see if it leads my application to be refused.
I have had £3.750 housing benefit arrears since 2010 for a temporary accommodation provided by the council when I was a full time student. I discovered this sum last year and they agree to arrange monthly repayment of £30. I started to pay £30 last may 2014 and I am still paying it every month however, I went to a solicitor because I feel this sum is excessive. He started the case and send a letter to the council for full explanation and one more thing they never sent a warning letter or ordered a court during the last years.
will this case lead my application to be refused?
Many thank's

sud315

Post by sud315 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
sud315 wrote:Hi all,

There are no rules changes as such for naturalisation so if you have the information on what they are, please do share the link with this detail. It is not similar to ILR. Immigration rules and Nationality rules are very different. It is not a duplicated application process. Citizenship is a privilege not a right and yes, you have to meet the LIUK and English requirement again. Please do remember that some immigration routes do not require LIUK or English for permanent residency.

I have already answered your question on the 91 days absence in the other thread where you posted. There is some discretion to disregard absences up to 100 days in the final 12 months prior to application.

You lose your fee and correct, there is no appeal rights for citizenship. You can ask for a reconsideration (£80) or the more expensive Judicial Review option.

No

It varies. Some are a couple of months other are much longer. Some forum members are still waiting from May 2014
Many thanks.
Hi CR001,
Thank you so very much for all the answers!
I was referring to
https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... -can-apply
info about naturalisation. So these won't change with the tax year?

Regarding my 91 days absence, yes it is in the 12 months period after obtained ILR, I went home in June and returned in Sept.
But in case if they do refuse my application, I can chose to do nothing then, and make a new application again in Sept 2016 I believe?
Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:13 pm

sud315 wrote:Hi CR001,
Thank you so very much for all the answers!
I was referring to
https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... -can-apply
info about naturalisation. So these won't change with the tax year?

Regarding my 91 days absence, yes it is in the 12 months period after obtained ILR, I went home in June and returned in Sept.
But in case if they do refuse my application, I can chose to do nothing then, and make a new application again in Sept 2016 I believe?
Thank you.
The link you have quoted is what the requirements are. Don't know how you have concluded that there will be changes. Any changes that might take place should be announced up to 40 days before 6th April.

91 days absence will be ok. You don't have to present on the same day in the last 12 months. You can apply when you qualify and 1 days extra absence is likely to be disregarded.

Please stop posting in the other thread as that is about applications that have already been refused and not for general queries.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

raha333
Mood:

Post by raha333 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:12 am

CR001 wrote:
raha333 wrote:hello everyone,

thanks
No there is not.
Thank you very much for the quick response.
I have another question and I'll be grateful if you answer it too.

I've spent my credit cards, overdrafts and also got loan from bank but pay monthly instalments and never missed any payment (My dept to bank is about £12000)
I'm not bankrupted and never had ccj or anything from court.
Will this dept make a problem for my naturalisation application?

Thanks

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:04 am

No

shez1330

English TEst

Post by shez1330 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:55 am

Hi all

Just need a advice my husband applying for naturalisation, he has had IELts results the exam was taken in 2009 overall band 7.5. Last year when we applied for ILR was advised by lawyer to get another English text ( Cromwell college).

My question is can we still use IELTs although it's expired.

Kind regards
Shez