ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and Passport Pilot Scheme

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fielddrive

Re: Applying Naturalization and Passport at same time

Post by fielddrive » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:21 pm

thanks, I'll make a note but don't intend to call them just yet. want to see how things pan out.

London_king
Newly Registered

Post by London_king » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:34 pm

Dear fielddrive & cs95tdg,

Congratulations on your approval! I wouldn't worry, as the passport office has given you confirmation that they are processing your passport. legend786's case appears to have been different; I suspect because he was one of the first who applied through the pilot scheme, and the communication channel between the HO and HMPO were probably not in place during the early stages. Let us know when you receive your passport so that we can get a clear view of the pilot scheme passport delivery timelines are like.

Thanks for your concern, I have attended the ceremony today, I booked it privately But unfortunately the registrar office where I took oath today, they are not offering this service and so they were not able to guide me in this regard. So I will call next week to passport office and will update here,

(For fielddrive),Yes it is same passport office number(030022200000,But when I received a call it was private number as the lady I spoke first time she told me it will be private number so pick it up.

And surely I will update when I will receive the passport as well. I wish good luck for all .

MeMcMa
Newly Registered

Post by MeMcMa » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:19 pm

I am super jealous watching Fielddrive's timelime. I applied a week before you (02/12/15)! So I thought I was going to get the Approval first...but never mind. Congrats guys.

I applied through NCS Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.

Hope it comes soon. :)

Happy waiting everyone. :D

Raza82
Newly Registered

Re: Combined applications for AN & Passport (Pilot project-H

Post by Raza82 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:38 pm

narsii wrote:Hi ,

I was looking for councils providing the service for applying AN and passport at the same time , and found the information available in the council web sites .

Kent Council : http://www.kent.gov.uk/births-ceremonie ... ng-service
Gloucester Council : http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/glosn ... tychecking
Lancashire Council : http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/births-mar ... rvice.aspx
Southwark Council http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/200007 ... ng_service
Brent Council :https://www.brent.gov.uk/your-community ... ng-service ,
Although Brent council doesn't publish much information about the service , I have seen posts from November who applied for both the services from Brent council .

If people can share their experiences and any instructions to be followed while filling the forms ( similar to the details provided by Gloucestershire council while filling the passport application ).

Section 1: For the passport, an adult is from 15 years and six months and they must therefore attend the checking appointment. It is still a minor form for nationality if under 18.

Section 2: Please do not place your mobile number in section two of the passport form, we request this is placed in section 8. This is so you do not have two biometric appointments.

Section 4: Grandparents section is not required.

Section 10: The referee for the passport and nationality form will have to be the same person therefore they must be a professional and a British national.

it would be very much helpful for people like me who wish to use this BETA service and apply for AN & Passport at the same time.
Hi Guys,

Can anyone please send me the link for all councils who are doing for Combined passport & Naturalisation application? i am tired of searching @ gov.uk

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:47 pm

Raza82 wrote:Hi Guys,

Can anyone please send me the link for all councils who are doing for Combined passport & Naturalisation application? i am tired of searching @ gov.uk

Thanks
There isn't one, as far as I'm aware. As this is still a pilot scheme, it's also not published on the GOV or HO websites. Your best bet would be to try and call the NCS council services that are within your reach to find out whether they are participating in this pilot.
Last edited by cs95tdg on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:50 pm

Raza82 wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks
Here is another link with some more posts from members. But as cs95tdg says, it is a pilot project at the moment so the links you have already quoted and the couple of others in the thread is it for now.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 99520.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:44 pm

Guys, How can I book NCS+Passport (under the pilot scheme) appointment with Wandsworth council?
I tried online, but there is no option to choose combined application.
I tried calling them, but ended-up having struck with an automated system, re-directing me to use online.

Could someone who did book appointment with wandsworth NCS + passport, please throw some light.

Thanks a ton in advance.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:46 pm

Book an apt as usual through the online system for a weekday (joint applications cannot be processed on weekends). Then email ncs@wandsworth.gov.uk and let them know you want to apply for passport at the same time as your ncs and ask them to post you a passport application with instructions.

suzym79
Newly Registered

Post by suzym79 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:59 pm

Hi guys

My husband received his passport today!! Hooray the journey is now completed :)
I highly recommend the joint service as it means you don't need to attend the interview for the passport and we found it very efficient.

Many thanks to this wonderful forum. Celebrations in full swing on a Monday :)

Cheers

[quote="suzym79"]Good morning All

I just updated the October timeline and wanted you to know that following my update below, my husband got a text from the passport office today advising that his passport should arrive within the next few days. This was just as Brent advised. So it seems the service is working as it is supposed to. Will update once passport is in hand but certainly good news :)

Cheers

[quote="suzym79"]Hello
My husband applied Oct 23rd through this new scheme and got his approval on the 18th Dec. We only received the letter when we got back from holiday on 1st Jan. Today he did a private ceremony and was told his passport will follow automatically within 4 weeks. Will let you know if this is indeed the case.[/quote][/quote]

suzym79
Newly Registered

Post by suzym79 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:05 pm

Hi everyone

I just posted on a similar thread and realized there are two threads for the same topic. My husband received his passport today via the joint naturalization and passport service. He attended his ceremony last Saturday 9th and received his passport today in the post 18th Jan. This is a brilliant service as there is no need to attend an interview or provide any further details after the initial application via the NCS. Here's the other thread if you need further info:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1293974

Best wishes

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:20 pm

suzym79 wrote: My husband received his passport today via the joint naturalization and passport service. He attended his ceremony last Saturday 9th and received his passport today in the post 18th Jan. This is a brilliant service as there is no need to attend an interview or provide any further details after the initial application via the NCS.
Thank you for sharing your final timeline update. Congratulations! Its definitely excellent news to hear that the pilot scheme is now functioning as expected with the added convenience it offers. I do hope it is rolled out on a broader level for everyone to benefit.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:40 pm

suzym79 did you husband attend ceremony at the same council as the NCS?

suzym79
Newly Registered

Post by suzym79 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:44 pm

Hi fielddrive
Yes he did - Brent NCS and Council.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:47 pm

ok thanks for that, in my case i only used Wandsworth because of its great NCS service but my ceremony is in my local council which does not apparently participate in the joint applications. I guess will know how things pan out in a few days.

narsii

Post by narsii » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:56 am

Just had a talk to Kent NCS Team ,and got clarified on the following Questions.

1. New version of the AN application :
If you have completed and got the referee signatures the old form , Please fill in the new form and use the same pages from the old application where the referees have signed , as long as the signature date is less than 6 months old this is acceptable .

2. The referee who signs on both the applications and photograph, must sign on the same date .

3. We can use the AN application which is typed /filled ( Provided you have pdf editors available to edit it and fill it).

As you know we get different answers from different councils when asked , this is what I received from Kent council . Answers from other councils may differ . Please check with your council

Hope this helps.

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:21 pm

fielddrive wrote:ok thanks for that, in my case i only used Wandsworth because of its great NCS service but my ceremony is in my local council which does not apparently participate in the joint applications. I guess will know how things pan out in a few days.

Wandsworth really is top class. Received the approval today and also managed to book the ceremony at the next avaialble date of tuesday for my wife.

I would recommand using Wandsworth even you dont live in the area.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:27 pm

Congrats solospy

Have you booked your ceremony in Wandsworth as well?

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:28 pm

Hi,

I have booked my NCS + Passport service appointment at Southwark Council for middle of Feb 2016. Did any of you guys received an email/letter confirmation about the booking (from Southwark or Other councils). They only provided me reference number and said I will not be getting any confirmation.

Thanks,
Sri.

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:46 pm

fielddrive wrote:Congrats solospy

Thanks. Yes. Booked for next tuesday. The next available as they do only once a week.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:13 pm

srivisaN wrote:I have booked my NCS + Passport service appointment at Southwark Council for middle of Feb 2016. Did any of you guys received an email/letter confirmation about the booking (from Southwark or Other councils). They only provided me reference number and said I will not be getting any confirmation.
Brent NCS just send you a text message confirming your appointment, the NCS payment card receipt for payment made over the phone is given when you attend the appointment. So I'd say it's fare to assume that each council will follow their own procedure.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:22 pm

solospy wrote:
fielddrive wrote:Congrats solospy

Thanks. Yes. Booked for next tuesday. The next available as they do only once a week.
Congrats solospy! My NCS (AN+passport) experience at Brent Council was excellent as well. It will be interesting to see if there's any difference in the passport process or delivery in cases where you submit your application through a pilot scheme participating council NCS, but attend your ceremony at your local non-pilot scheme council. Similar to fielddrive I'll be doing the latter, so will soon find out if there is.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi,
I could find lot of success stories in the pilot scheme and prefereing to apply in this route.

I would like to know few details...

1) Where can i get the application for the passport apart from Post office

2) Any feedback on the services in Lancashire ( Accrington ) for the dual (NCS + PP ) services.

Regards

Tamilmaran
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:16 pm

I think you can download the passport application form from the gov.uk website

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:25 pm

Thank you ...

Is the the latest one. can I download and use this.....

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rm_010.pdf
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi,

I called the concil people yesterday and they confirmed my appointment booking on the phone. They would only send email confirmation if we book more than 2 months in advance.

Also, they told that they will collect the Naturalization fee (£1005) directly at the NCS Office itself using Debit/Credit card machine. Seems like I no need to fill the payment form, is there any other concil which does the same ?

Thanks,
Sri.