ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN application earliest date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kandasamy

AN application earliest date

Post by kandasamy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:47 am

Hi All,

I got my ILR on 4th March 2015 and my wife and son got there ILR on 17th March 2015.
I have already booked for my NCS on 18th march 2016. As fee is getting increase I am planning to reschedule my NCS appointment
I would like to know what is earliest date which I will be eligible for my naturalization application.

Thanks!
Samy

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Re: AN application earliest date

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:54 am

kandasamy wrote:Hi All,

I got my ILR on 4th March 2015 and my wife and son got there ILR on 17th March 2015.
I have already booked for my NCS on 18th march 2016. As fee is getting increase I am planning to reschedule my NCS appointment
I would like to know what is earliest date which I will be eligible for my naturalization application.

Thanks!
Samy
17th March is the earliest date for both applicants. Since your son got his ILR on 17th March 2015 so 17th March 2016 is the first anniversary of his ILR and at the same time you can avoid new naturalisation fee which is valid from 18th March 2016 onwards. Remember date of NCS appointment is the date of HO receive your application. Also make sure you and your son were physically present 5 years prior to the date of application submission i.e. on 17th March 2011.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:14 am

Arsal385 wrote:17th March is the earliest date for both applicants. Since your son got his ILR on 17th March 2015 so 17th March 2016 is the first anniversary of his ILR and at the same time you can avoid new naturalisation fee which is valid from 18th March 2016 onwards. Remember date of NCS appointment is the date of HO receive your application. Also make sure you and your son were physically present 5 years prior to the date of application submission i.e. on 17th March 2011.
Your comment above is confusing. Rephrased it should state that 'the date of your NCS appointment is the date of application'.

To the OP, you can apply already as you got ILR on 4th March. Your dependents on 17th as stated. Unlikely you will get an earlier NCS appointment as a few members are posting that they can't get one before 18th in many areas.

Of course you all need to make sure that you were physically present in the UK on the exact same date 5 years ago.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying my doubts
I tried all the council to book for NCS appointment but no luck, so I am planning to submit my application on 18-March-2016
My wife and son are physical present in UK on 18-march-2011

I am having another doubts
For Knowledge of Language I am submitting the Printout of Pont based calculator and also the certificate from my University. Same document is submitted for my ILR application. In that case which option I need to select under this section.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:59 pm

You will have to pay the new increased fee then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.