ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

secretmsg
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by secretmsg » Thu May 26, 2016 10:34 am

Just a general question, if naturalisation is approved, are all supporting documents are returned or a letter of approval and ceremony is received?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:40 am

secretmsg wrote:Just a general question, if naturalisation is approved, are all supporting documents are returned or a letter of approval and ceremony is received?
All supporting documents are returning if you applied by post, except the LIUK test letter. Supporting documents are returned separately to the approval letter and the ceremony invitation letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kickie-dee
Newly Registered

Post by Kickie-dee » Fri May 27, 2016 12:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
secretmsg wrote:Just a general question, if naturalisation is approved, are all supporting documents are returned or a letter of approval and ceremony is received?
All supporting documents are returning if you applied by post, except the LIUK test letter. Supporting documents are returned separately to the approval letter and the ceremony invitation letter.
I applied by post and my approval letter was returned at the same time as my supporting documents in the prepaid envelope i supplied with the application. The ceremony letter will come separately.

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Sat May 28, 2016 1:20 pm

Kickie-dee wrote:
CR001 wrote:
I applied by post and my approval letter was returned at the same time as my supporting documents in the prepaid envelope i supplied with the application. The ceremony letter will come separately.
Just received my documents back but no letter yet, approval or otherwise, fingers crossed!!

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Sat May 28, 2016 8:28 pm

Oops my mistake, just found approval letter hidden among the returned original documents!!

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Sat May 28, 2016 10:17 pm

Chinho2k wrote:Oops my mistake, just found approval letter hidden among the returned original documents!!
:)

krishi572000

Post by krishi572000 » Mon May 30, 2016 8:24 am

Mn1 approval

Hi

Got approval letter on 29th May Regards my childs approval letter , they have mentioned in the

letter to collect the Registartion Certificate at the local council , when parents attend the ceremony

normally i was thinking it comes thru Post , is that quite common

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:09 am

krishi572000 wrote:Mn1 approval

Hi

Got approval letter on 29th May Regards my childs approval letter , they have mentioned in the

letter to collect the Registartion Certificate at the local council , when parents attend the ceremony

normally i was thinking it comes thru Post , is that quite common
Yes, it is normal if the whole family has applied together that the child's certificate is with the parents at the council.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krishi572000

Post by krishi572000 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:16 am

Many Thanks CR001

pogotosh
Newly Registered

Post by pogotosh » Mon May 30, 2016 5:49 pm

Guys,

I had a question concerning the documentary evidence required to prove the English qualification requirement. I will be submitting my official UK Masters degree as proof of my English requirement.

But the UK guide also indicates the following

1. A print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English

However, I noticed that the Points Based Calculator has now been closed

https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... R_405_HELP

Hence, given that my degree will be from a UK university, will I need to submit any further evidence to confirm that the degree was taught in English or do you reckon, just the original degree will be adequate?

Thanks for your assistance.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:33 pm

I applied for naturalisation in August 2015. I've been told that HO is still doing checks and they can't give me any indication on time.

Is there anyone in similar situation or has been in that situation and cares to share experience?

vishy786
Newly Registered

Post by vishy786 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:28 pm

Hello All,

Please share if anyone who applied for naturalisation in April 2016 have received any update. Or we are stillon waiting period.

Regards
Vishal

nim110
Newly Registered

Post by nim110 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:53 pm

Hello

I have applied for BC Using NCS back in Feb 2015 and still waiting, contacted HO three times and received call saying under consideration! married to Spouse of BC , been to uk for just over 10 years, days of absents no more than 40 days.

I have sent my passpost to them back in Agust 2015 and been without.

Decided to contact local MP and sent her an email.

waiting!

Last time I have tried to enter UK they have stopped me and wanted to cancell my ILR!!! my wife and childrens all have british passpots! they entered and they kept me for 30 minutes and then call me saying all okay and stamped the entry , tried to asked what s wrong he just said nothing!!!

just wanted to share, Love to go to holiday !!!

malik15

Post by malik15 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:37 pm

nim110 wrote:Hello

I have applied for BC Using NCS back in Feb 2015 and still waiting, contacted HO three times and received call saying under consideration! married to Spouse of BC , been to uk for just over 10 years, days of absents no more than 40 days.

waiting!

Last time I have tried to enter UK they have stopped me and wanted to cancell my ILR!!! my wife and childrens all have british passpots! they entered and they kept me for 30 minutes and then call me saying all okay and stamped the entry , tried to asked what s wrong he just said nothing!!!

Looks like we are in the same situation. Do let us know when you hear from MP.

Is there anyone else who's been through this wait? Maybe senior members can shed some light on this.

imnewhere

Post by imnewhere » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:50 am

Interesting : there is no April approval yet. I supposed March was one hell of a busy month. Appears it is a long wait for everyone after the fee increased.

sam2346
Newly Registered

Post by sam2346 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:26 pm

I applied end of March and have been checking every day to see the new update but there is no movement for application made on or after 18th March. I hope the wait is not too long. :( :?
imnewhere wrote:Interesting : there is no April approval yet. I supposed March was one hell of a busy month. Appears it is a long wait for everyone after the fee increased.

khan_tahir786
Newly Registered

Post by khan_tahir786 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:34 pm

waiting!

I applied for Naturalization in April 2015, but still waiting 4 approval. (Tier 1 General 5year + 1 year ILR). I have no fines, no offence, no points, no TAX or HMRC issue. I called HO few times but they always have standard reply (still in process, no time frame). I contacted my MP couple of times, I recently got reply from HO through my MP which says "we check applicant through Govt dept n other Agencies and then decide whether applicant is eligible for citizenship or not" and then next paragraph they said "on my application checks haven't completed yet, as soon as the checks complete, we will inform the applicant".
Now, I don't understand what sort of checks they are doing which take them 12 months and still haven't completed.
Sorry about the long story, This group Is amazing. Keep up the good work.
Best Regards,
Tahir Ahmed Khan

malik15

Post by malik15 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:57 pm

khan_tahir786 wrote:

waiting!

I applied for Naturalization in April 2015, but still waiting 4 approval. (Tier 1 General 5year + 1 year ILR). I have no fines, no offence, no points, no TAX or HMRC issue. I called HO few times but they always have standard reply (still in process, no time frame). I contacted my MP couple of times, I recently got reply from HO through my MP which says "we check applicant through Govt dept n other Agencies and then decide whether applicant is eligible for citizenship or not" and then next paragraph they said "on my application checks haven't completed yet, as soon as the checks complete, we will inform the applicant".
Now, I don't understand what sort of checks they are doing which take them 12 months and still haven't completed.
Sorry about the long story, This group Is amazing. Keep up the good work.
Best Regards,
Tahir Ahmed Khan
I'm in the situation. No fines or points at all. I'm confused as most of the people I know got their approval within 3 months. What checks are they doing that are taking that long. In this day and age when everything is computerised I fail to understand. Keep us posted on the progress and good luck.

bonhomie13
Newly Registered

Post by bonhomie13 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:07 am

Destruction of BRP.

Hello all,

After application for naturalisation gets accepted, is the five day period for sending the BRP back to UKVI counted from the day of receiving the letter or from the day of the citizenship ceremony?

Regards,

brazUKa
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by brazUKa » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:29 am

bonhomie13 wrote:Destruction of BRP.

Hello all,

After application for naturalisation gets accepted, is the five day period for sending the BRP back to UKVI counted from the day of receiving the letter or from the day of the citizenship ceremony?

Regards,

This link might help you: https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... p-ceremony

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:38 am

bonhomie13 wrote:Destruction of BRP.

Hello all,

Regards,
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pogotosh
Newly Registered

Post by pogotosh » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:23 pm

Sorry for my ignorance but how are you keeping track of this? Just based on the updates on this portal? Based on my understanding there is really no online portal to track one's application right?
sam2346 wrote:I applied end of March and have been checking every day to see the new update but there is no movement for application made on or after 18th March. I hope the wait is not too long. :( :?
imnewhere wrote:Interesting : there is no April approval yet. I supposed March was one hell of a busy month. Appears it is a long wait for everyone after the fee increased.

imnewhere

Post by imnewhere » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:30 pm

pogotosh wrote:Sorry for my ignorance but how are you keeping track of this? Just based on the updates on this portal? Based on my understanding there is really no online portal to track one's application right?
sam2346 wrote:I applied end of March and have been checking every day to see the new update but there is no movement for application made on or after 18th March. I hope the wait is not too long. :( :?

All speculation is based on the update on this site ( timelines etc)

Keep an eye out for when you start seeing approval of applications made around your timeline .. I believe they are still doing March at the moment and no one here has updated on their outcome for April... I will guess April approvals will start next month or late this month.

sam2346
Newly Registered

Post by sam2346 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:45 pm

There is a google docs where some of the applicants have updated their timelines which sort of helps to see clearly the current progress. It might not be accurate as some people haven't updated the google docs but still gives you an idea. Thanks to those who have been contributing to this google docs update. Here is the link if you want to check.

Link : Click https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

[quote="imnewhere"][quote="pogotosh"]Sorry for my ignorance but how are you keeping track of this? Just based on the updates on this portal? Based on my understanding there is really no online portal to track one's application right?

[quote="sam2346"]I applied end of March and have been checking every day to see the new update but there is no movement for application made on or after 18th March. I hope the wait is not too long. :( :?

dapto10

Post by dapto10 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:37 pm

Hi all,

This is in continuation to my previous post about the new rule about applications made by EEA nationals requiring DCPR.

I do have DCPR issued last year but didn't know the date deemed my date of acquisition of Permanent Resident status. Some weeks ago I sent a Subject Access Request (SAR) to the Home Office asking them for this date and they came back with screen shot of my file taken off their system which states, I quote, 'The date we can confirm the applicant acquired an entitlement to permanent residence is...'

How do you read this? Would that mean this is the date on which I have acquired PR according to their system or means something else?

The reason for asking is because this date is significantly earlier than the date I believe I've acquired PR status.

I'm eligible to apply for naturalisation anyway, it's just the outcome of this SAR which I find rather odd. Has someone received a response to a SAR recently and what does it say in terms of wording?

Many thanks.