ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Extension...need some help plz...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nice111

FLR(M) Extension...need some help plz...

Post by nice111 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:48 am

Hi There

I am going to apply FLR M extension for my wife after completing 2.5 years initial leave. I am submitting following documents to satisfy the income requirement. I am combining mine & my wife's wages to hit £18600 mark.

Can anyone please suggest that these would be suffice for the purpose?

MYSELF
1. Last 6 Months payslips. Total Salary paid in 6 months = £5286 (Same employer)
2. Last 6 months bank statements showing salary.

WIFE
1. Last 6 Months payslips. Total Salary paid in 6 months = £5200 (Same employer)
2. Last 6 months bank statements showing salary.

Do I need to submit employer letters and employment contracts also?
Is there anything else needs to be added to satisfy the income requirement?
I will be going for the same day appointment, is there any tips for it?

ENGLISH REQUIREMENT:
In initial application we have submitted my wife's IELTS certificate which is now expired. Does she need to do English test again or that expired IELTS is still fine?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) Extension...need some help plz...

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:06 am

Yes, you should provide employment letter/contract etc.

What are you submitting to show evidence of 2 years cohabitation?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nice111

Post by nice111 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:39 am

CR001 wrote:Yes, you should provide employment letter/contract etc.

What are you submitting to show evidence of 2 years cohabitation?

Thanks CR001 for ur reply.

Is my & my wife's salary enough to fulfill the requirement?

FOR COHABITATION:
1. 6 months Water bills on joint names.
2. 2 years council tax statements on joint names.
3. 2 years Bank statements on individual names.
4. My wife's NHS letters, GP registration card.
5. MY GP registration card.
6. 2.3 years old Tenancy agreement on joint names (Expired).

We have a 2 years old son. Would you recommend to include his birth certificate copy or British passport copy.
Second baby is on the way and by the grace of Almighty hopefully will be delivered before we go to the window.

What else do u recommend for cohabitation and any other documents do I need to submit?

nice111

Post by nice111 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:30 pm

is anybody there??? no reply to the above.

Another thing if anyone can shed some light on it.

Can I include self employment income with salaried employment?

1. if yes then if I use 2 years average of self employments then what can be the last 2 years
13-14 & 14-15

OR

14-15 &15-16
keep in mind that 15-16 self assessment still have time till 31 Jan 2017 to be submitted.

Thanks in advance.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:47 pm

1) I dont know how you calculated your income. Are you and your wife boht in non salaried employment from last 6 months? £18,600 is just for partner. Self employment can be combined with category A/B as long as in same period

2) If its extension under same immigration category and has successfully used it before to satisfy the language requirement then you can re-use this certificate even if expired

nice111

Post by nice111 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:59 pm

ILR1980 wrote:1) I dont know how you calculated your income. Are you and your wife boht in non salaried employment from last 6 months? £18,600 is just for partner. Self employment can be combined with category A/B as long as in same period

2) If its extension under same immigration category and has successfully used it before to satisfy the language requirement then you can re-use this certificate even if expired
Hi ILR1980, Thanks for ur reply

Me and my wife both are in salaried employment and getting paid every month and with the same employer for more than 6 months. Both are working part time and I am also working as self employed.

My wife salaried income in last 6 months was £5286
My salaried income in last 6 months was £5200

combined income partner(mine)+applicant(wife) = £10486 (6 months)
Required income combined OR individual = £9300 (6 months if with same employer for over 6 months)

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:32 am

nice111 wrote:
ILR1980 wrote:1) I dont know how you calculated your income. Are you and your wife boht in non salaried employment from last 6 months? £18,600 is just for partner. Self employment can be combined with category A/B as long as in same period

Hi ILR1980, Thanks for ur reply

Me and my wife both are in salaried employment and getting paid every month and with the same employer for more than 6 months. Both are working part time and I am also working as self employed.

My wife salaried income in last 6 months was £5286
My salaried income in last 6 months was £5200

combined income partner(mine)+applicant(wife) = £10486 (6 months)
Required income combined OR individual = £9300 (6 months if with same employer for over 6 months)
OK do you and your wife get fixed salary in each month ? Do this calculation

Take lowest monthly income that you have earned in last 6 month and multiply with 12= X your gross salary per year
Take lowest monthly income that your wife earned in last 6 month and multiply with 12=Y your wife gross salary per year

add X+Y= ? ( you need £22,400 per year for partner and one child)

You will make it more complicated with self employment especially when you are applying in 2016 and financial year just started on 6th april 2016. Boht self employment and salary employment must be earned over the same financial year.

nice111

Post by nice111 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:51 am

Hi ILR1980

My Lowest salary in last 6 months = £807 gross (807X12= 9684)
My Wife's lowest salary in last 6 months = £800 gross (800X12 = 9600)

Combine salary = 19284 gross (more than 18600)

My son is a British passport holder so doesn't count as a dependent. We only need to fulfill 18600 only for the one applicant.

I am not thinking to combine salaried and self employed income. I just want to keep 2 years self employment average as a backup with me just incase.

BTW does self employment full earning count towards 18600 or only profit?

As both earnings salaried and self employment fulfill the requirement of 18600 individually so Which income do u suggest to submit with application, salaried or self employed?

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:10 am

I will say apply under Category A of salaried. Self employment is complicated and you will need plenty of documents for evidences. Make it as simple as possible

nice111

Post by nice111 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:17 am

Can anyone please suggest that the following documents are enough or am I missing anything.

Is part time work fine or it has to be full time?
Being on 0 hour employment contract is an issue or not?

List of documents will be submitted as below:

Applicant = My Wife
Spouse = Myself

-2 x applicant photo / 1 x spouse photo
-applicants current and previous passports used to enter UK / copy of every page of spouse current passport
-applicants BRP
-baby's original birth certificate & copy of the full British passport.
-original marriage certificate

FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT:

-6 X Applicant's salary e-slips (Printouts)
-6 X spouse salary e-slips (Printout)
-Applicant's company original letter confirming date of employment, current salary etc
-Spouse's company original letter confirming date of employment, current salary etc
-6 months self printed online bank statements (Stamped) confirming salary coming in.

COHABIT REQUIREMENT:

JOINT DOCUMENTS
-original tenancy agreement (Expired) didnt renew as estate agent asking £500 to renew it.
-Last 2 years council tax bills.
-Last 6 months water bills.

INDIVIDUAL DOCUMENTS:
-HMRC letter
-Last 2 years Self printed bank statements (Stamped) from different dates
-Voter cards.
-Original NHS letters
-GP registration cards

nice111

Post by nice111 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:49 pm

Hi Gurus

Just a question about self employment.

For self employment does profit count towards £18600 or full gross income?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:57 pm

For self employment, it is the income after business expenses etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nice111

Post by nice111 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:55 pm

CR001 wrote:For self employment, it is the income after business expenses etc.

Thanks CR001

income after business (all) expenses is profit, isnt it?
or r u referring business expenses to set (one) type of expenses and not all expenses?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:00 pm

Profit yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

nice111

Post by nice111 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:04 pm

CR001 wrote:Profit yes.
thanks CR001

I am going for Category A, which is employment with the same employer for 6 months or more.
Is it an issue on being 0 hour contract?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:08 am

No it is not, as long as you earn the required amount. Bear in mind that if your payslips are different every month, HO/UKVI will base their calculations on the lowest value payslip.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

nice111

Post by nice111 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:09 pm

CR001 wrote:No it is not, as long as you earn the required amount. Bear in mind that if your payslips are different every month, HO/UKVI will base their calculations on the lowest value payslip.

Thanks CR001

My lowest salary was £807 gross and
My wife's lowest salary was £800 gross.

I hope this is sufficient for the requirement??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:17 pm

If you are using combined income and that is the lowest figure for each of you, then you should be ok.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

nice111

Post by nice111 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:35 pm

Thanks alot

Couple of more questions.

1. We both r working with the same employer, i can not see any issue in that, can u?
2. We r getting paid monthly but payments hitting the banks on different dates. I give u example of May, april salary was credited on 07/05 and May salary has hit the bank on 31/05. Can u see any problem in that?

Payslips r showing as follows

April payslip--
Pay-period = April 2016
Pay-Day = 29/04/2016
Money goes in bank = 07/05/2016

May slip--
Pay-period = May 2016
Pay-day = 27/05/2016
Money goes in bank = 31/05/2016

Can u see any problem in that or shall I request my employer to change the dates according to the payments in the bank (I dont even know whether its going to be possible for him to rectify the dates or not, but if its an issue then I can atleast try).

nice111

Post by nice111 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:08 am

Anybody there....???

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:31 am

ILR1980

About IELTS English Lang cert
You are saying
" If its extension under same immigration category and has successfully used it before to satisfy the language requirement then you can re-use this certificate even if expired " (and that cen is still approved)

Can I please ask where this can be verified ? where did you get this info from ?

Thanks
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

nice111

Post by nice111 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:54 am

Is anobody available to help??

1. We both r working with the same employer, i can not see any issue in that, can u?
2. We r getting paid monthly but payments hitting the banks on different dates. I give u example of May, april salary was credited on 07/05 and May salary has hit the bank on 31/05. Can u see any problem in that?

Payslips r showing as follows

April payslip--
Pay-period = April 2016
Pay-Day = 29/04/2016
Money goes in bank = 07/05/2016

May slip--
Pay-period = May 2016
Pay-day = 27/05/2016
Money goes in bank = 31/05/2016

Can u see any problem in that or shall I request my employer to change the dates according to the payments in the bank (I dont even know whether its going to be possible for him to rectify the dates or not, but if its an issue then I can atleast try).

nice111

Post by nice111 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:20 pm

Is anybody there to help in the above matter as my employer is traveling and I wont be able to request him incase of any amendments.
I would appreciate if somebody would shed some expert light on it.

Thanks

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:50 pm

SAMISPOUSAL wrote:ILR1980

About IELTS English Lang cert
You are saying
" If its extension under same immigration category and has successfully used it before to satisfy the language requirement then you can re-use this certificate even if expired " (and that cen is still approved)

Can I please ask where this can be verified ? where did you get this info from ?

Thanks
Read this

2.5. Applicants who already have a test certificate or result

A partner or parent applying for leave to enter or leave to remain is not required to provide evidence of meeting the English language requirement if they have done so as part of a successful previous application as a partner or parent. Paragraph 32D of Appendix FM-SE provides for when this earlier test certificate or result can and cannot be used

This flexibility does not apply in circumstances where a test certificate or result awarded to the applicant has been withdrawn by a provider such that it can no longer be relied upon: in those circumstances the applicant must provide a fresh test certificate or result from an approved provider which shows that they meet the requirement, if they are not exempt from it.
Under paragraph 32C of Appendix FM-SE if an applicant in the partner or parent routes submits a test certificate or result which has ceased, by the date of application, to be
(a) from an approved test provider, or
(b) in respect of an approved test, or
(c) from an approved test centre,
we will not accept that certificate or result as valid, unless the decision-maker does so in accordance with paragraph 32D of Appendix FM-SE and subject to any transitional arrangements made in respect of the test provider or test in question.
Under paragraph 32D of Appendix FM-SE if an applicant under the partner or parent routes submits an English language test certificate or result and the Home Office has already accepted it as part of a successful previous partner or parent application (but not where the application was refused, even if on grounds other than the English language requirement), the decision-maker may accept that certificate or result as valid if it is:

(a) from a provider which is no longer approved, or
(b) from a provider who remains approved but the test the applicant has taken with that
provider is no longer approved, or
(c) from a test centre which is no longer approved, or
(d) past its validity date (if a validity date is required under Appendix O), provided that when the subsequent application is made:
(i) the applicant has had continuous leave (disregarding any period of overstaying of no more than 28 days) as a partner or parent since the Home Office accepted the test certificate as valid; and
(ii) the award to the applicant does not fall within the circumstances set out in paragraph 32B of Appendix FM-SE.
If there is uncertainty as to whether a test certificate, result or other specified document was previously accepted by the Home Office as part of a successful previous partner or parent application, the decision-maker may request other specified evidence from the applicant to demonstrate that they meet the English language requirement.
An applicant who has not met the English language requirement in a successful previous partner or parent application will be required to provide specified evidence that they meet the requirement, or are exempt from it, in their current application.
An English language certificate which has been relied on by an applicant to qualify for leave on another basis, such as under the Points Based System (PBS), cannot be relied upon by them in applying as a partner or parent unless it meets the requirements of the partner and parent Rules, including as to specified evidence, at the date of that partner or parent application.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

nice111

Post by nice111 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:39 am

Nobody is there to help??