ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Further evidence required

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

clairepf

Further evidence required

Post by clairepf » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:05 am

Hi All

I applied for naturalisation on the 25th of January 2016. Biometrics done in February. Received a letter from home office saying they want evidence that I did not breach immigration laws when I was seeking asylum. At that time I was staying with my sister and her husband helping th take care of my nephew. Would a letter from my sister be enough evidence?

Thank you

clairepf

Re: Further evidence required

Post by clairepf » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:37 am

Someone advised me to get a police report to show no breach of the law. Will this help too?

Member of Standing

Post by member » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:41 am

clairepf wrote:they want evidence that I did not breach immigration laws
I guess immigration law is different from criminal law.

clairepf

Post by clairepf » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:23 pm

Thank you, they are asking for evidence from 2004 which my sister has destroyed most of it. not sure what to send or if i send a letter to say my sister doesn't have her bank statements anymore, will it help?

Viktoria27

Post by Viktoria27 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:44 pm

Did you get any support from NASS?
Just fill in the questionaire and send any bills addressed to your ssister,also her proof of income (perhaps payslips). If you dont have any of these You can write in cover letter that since long time passed you don't have any supporting documents. Good luck

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:53 pm

I'm guessing that they want to know how you maintained and accommodated yourself, etc., if you had no rights to work at that time.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.