ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appropriate salary for SOC code 2112

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yuvarajsangeetha
Newly Registered

Appropriate salary for SOC code 2112

Post by yuvarajsangeetha » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:51 pm

Hi All,

My sincere thanks to everyone who is helping out with their valuable suggestions in this forum. I am very new to immigration boards and this is my first post.Kindly someone help me with your ideas and suggestions pls.

I am on my tier 2 visa sponsorship till may 2017.I am working as a contractor in my client place at the moment as a Microbiologist.

My client is thinking of sponsoring me in the future.First thing they don't have a license which they need to apply.My question is will there be a problem when they apply for the license whilst I am working there already?

Secondly I am a bit confused with the salary I should be offered in order to be sponsored. SOC 2112 for biological scientists and biochemists matches with my job title Microbiologist.There is two different salaries one is Biomedical scientist working in health sector all in band levels and second one other biomedical scientist. Please find the attached info.
Related job titles:
 Biomedical scientist
 Forensic scientist
 Horticulturist
 Microbiologist
 Pathologist
Salary rates:
Biomedical scientists working in the health sector:
 Band 5 and equivalent: £21,478
 Band 6 and equivalent: £25,783
 Band 7 and equivalent: £30,764
 Band 8a and equivalent: £39,239
 Band 8b and equivalent: £45,707
 Band 8c and equivalent: £54,998
 Band 8d and equivalent: £65,922
 Band 9 and equivalent: £77,850
[Source: NHS Agenda for Change 2014]
Other biomedical scientists:
New entrant: £21,000 / Experienced: £27,200
[Source: Evidence from partners who responded to the Migration Advisory Committee in 2011, uplifted
based on national changes in earnings]

My question is the company I am going to work is a pharmaceutical company .I rang UKBA to check if this band levels are only for NHS jobs or for mine too(pharmaceutical) the lady I spoke to said that it is not just for NHS. I want to know what will be my job band equivalent and which salary I should get to be sponsored.Experienced:27000 or other band level salary.

I know this is a very long post please help me with your suggestion.

thanks a lot in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Appropriate salary for SOC code 2112

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:37 am

I am on my tier 2 visa sponsorship till may 2017.I am working as a contractor in my client place at the moment as a Microbiologist.
What do you mean by 'contracting' and 'my client'? Who is your actual employer and sponsor? What Tier 2 visa are you on, General, ICT....?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:13 am

There is a range of issues you will have to contend with

Salary. If it is not an NHS or health provider the bandings do not apply. As you are considering a pharma company then it would be the biomedical scientist at the experienced rate.
What salary are they offering you? Will it meet the experienced SOC level?

Contracting. If you are contracting at the moment then you and your Sponsor are breaching your tier 2 conditions. It would appear that is the case so you and your sponsor are in danger of losing the respective visa and licence. Are you on a daily rate?

Moving to a new sponsor. Bearing in mind the above if you prospective employer applies for a licence to employ you the following issues may arise:
It is discovered that you were contracting this will lead to your current sponsor losing their licence and your visa being curtailed in line with that
In order to employ you they have to conduct a RLMT, you are already pre selected so that is likely to be a licence refusal especially if they get a pre licence visit.

New Sponsor applications are subject to a higher level of scrutiny than before so it is quite likely that the above has a high probability of happening.

So you are running a high risk strategy in moving to a new employer. If your contracting at the moment the risk is equally high in any event.

yuvarajsangeetha
Newly Registered

Post by yuvarajsangeetha » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:21 pm

Many thanks For both the replies.

CR001: I am on Tier 2 General and I got sponsorship from an It consulting company. I am working as a contractor in a different company and send my pay every month to my sponsor. I get paid what mentioned in my COS.

Frontier mole: So you are saying I will have to get £27000 per annum in order to be sponsored.

Is there genuinely no way I can be sponsored by this pharmaceutical company?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:47 pm

and send my pay every month to my sponsor.
What do you mean by this?

Does your sponsor only contract employees out?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:12 pm

You are in breach of your tier 2 conditions and are working illegally at this point.
Moving on from this point is going to be hard to impossible. As a contractor you should not be working for the pharma business in the first place.
What is your current SOC?

If and that is a massive if by some means your new sponsor gets a licence and you get offered the job after a proper RLMT the SOC 2112 would require the experienced salary of £27k

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:20 pm

how does an IT consulting company contract someone out as a microbiologist?! also don't get what you are saying about sending your pay to your sponsor. what do they then do with it?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:24 pm

Unfortunately not that uncommon for illegal labour only supply sponsors to be IT consultants.
Almost certainly going through employment agencies

yuvarajsangeetha
Newly Registered

Post by yuvarajsangeetha » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:28 am

Hi all,

Just want to clarify things.

I got sponsored as a Bioinformatician My sponsor does projects based in IT.I work in my client place for two to three days a week since it is required to be done in their premises. Rest of the days I carry out my normal duties at my sponsor.

In this situation I have got to know there is gona be a position in microbiology.I wanted to apply for that.

First thing they don have license which they need to apply. Second thing they are ready to do RLMT and they will honestly select candidates accordingly (they have not decided me for the job yet they will conduct interviews with other candidates).So when do they need to perform RLMT after license or before that is ok?????

Coming to the salary all the salary mentioned is for 39 hours.I have read in one post that somone asked if the salary mentioned is for 39hours can I work it out for 37.5hrs. In my case £27000 for 39 hours and I need to work only 37hrs can I work it out as £25615????

Many thanks for all your suggestions.