ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Case is at court done 10 yrs legally

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sailesh

Case is at court done 10 yrs legally

Post by sailesh » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:31 am

Hi all
My friend is in a complex situation He had apply visa as partner of an European woman
he was refuse then he did appeal and then the case was escalated to the court next January
He has already live here 10 yrs
Can anyone what he should do now
thanking you all for your advises

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Case is at court done 10 yrs legally

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:52 am

You would need to state your "friends" full visa and immigration history for anyone to answer.

Is he married to an EU citizens or just an unmarried partner? How long has been the partner of the EU citizens?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:55 am

You haven't given sufficient details for anyone to be able to give advice. It might be easier if your friend registered and posted for themselves.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sarizvi2k
Newly Registered

Post by sarizvi2k » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:07 am

If you move to European dependent you have break the 10 year option. Some one can confirm please .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:19 am

sarizvi2k wrote:If you move to European dependent you have break the 10 year option. Some one can confirm please .
No, this is not correct. Time spent as an EEA family member can count towards 10 years long residence provided the EU citizens is a qualified person and can provide the family member with the required evidence of exercising treaty rights.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.