ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sprinterdave
Newly Registered

Fiance Visa

Post by sprinterdave » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:41 am

Good Morning,

My girlfriend is from Mexico and we have been partners for tree years now spending time in each others countries and Ana has spent extended periods living with me while she waited for a legal case to resolve and return to her employment in Mexico. Thankfully that has now resolved and she is now back working and we are looking ahead to our future. We have detailed records of our communication, holidays, time together over the years.

My plan is to propose next year on holiday in Mexico. Am i correct in thinking Ana can then apply for a fiance visa from Mexico and will be able to come to the UK on a six month visa during which we must marry. Would she then would have to apply for a leave to remain visa for another six months and at the end of that she would be able to work? I earn over the 25,000 a year.

I asked these questions a couple of years ago but now we are at the stage to proceed with marriage so i wanted to check if things had changed?

Many thanks.

Kind Regards,

David

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fiance Visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:32 am

sprinterdave wrote:My plan is to propose next year on holiday in Mexico. Am i correct in thinking Ana can then apply for a fiance visa from Mexico and will be able to come to the UK on a six month visa during which we must marry. Correct

Would she then would have to apply for a leave to remain visa for another six months and at the end of that she would be able to work? I earn over the 25,000 a year. Not quite correct. She must apply for an extension before her 6 month visa expires and after you are married. This visa will be valid for 2.5 years and she can work once she gets it.

I asked these questions a couple of years ago but now we are at the stage to proceed with marriage so i wanted to check if things had changed?

Many thanks.

Kind Regards,

David
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sprinterdave
Newly Registered

Post by sprinterdave » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:53 pm

Thank-you so much.

I guess now we just need to hope they do not alter the requirements in the coming year and get her visas asap.

Regards,

David Blunt

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:09 pm

There are currently no plans to make any changes to the fiance/spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.