ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GEGE_OO

Ceremony

Post by GEGE_OO » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:36 pm

Hi and thanks for your all help so far,
I applied for my naturalization through hammersmith council but have given Ealing Council for the ceremony. I am trying to book a private ceremony, but it is an automated service.
Can I do that ceremony through Hammersmith ?
And if anyone has booked a ceremony through ealing council please let me know what did that do it?
please advise

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ceremony

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:40 pm

No, you will need to book through Ealing now as that is the one you nominated.

To change councils for the ceremony, you have to ask HO for this and then Ealing has to send your certificate to HO and then HO sends it on to whoever you want it with. This process can take several weeks.

Maybe check if you can book online or if you go there and speak to them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GEGE_OO

Post by GEGE_OO » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:48 pm

CR001 wrote:No, you will need to book through Ealing now as that is the one you nominated.

To change councils for the ceremony, you have to ask HO for this and then Ealing has to send your certificate to HO and then HO sends it on to whoever you want it with. This process can take several weeks.

Maybe check if you can book online or if you go there and speak to them.
Thanks for your reply CR001,
I tell you what hammersmith council is million times better than ealing and that is why I applied through hammersmith.
The letter says I have to book appointment within 5 weeks but the phone line says they will contact me regarding my ceremony. The only option is now emailing them.
thanks for your help

GEGE_OO

Time between ceremony and passport

Post by GEGE_OO » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:33 pm

Hi,
I have booked a ceremony for tomorrow, can anyone please tell me how much time it takes to get passport after ceremony.
I am asking coz I wont be at home between 16 and 31 novermber. thanks alot for your time
regards

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Time between ceremony and passport

Post by haiksuresh » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:36 pm

If you applied via JCAPS, as per the previous posts i can sense that, It will be less than 5 to 7 working days time.

Regards,
Suresh

GEGE_OO

Post by GEGE_OO » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:40 pm

haiksuresh wrote:If you applied via JCAPS, as per the previous posts i can sense that, It will be less than 5 to 7 working days time.

Regards,
Suresh
thanks it will be really helpful if i get my passport before or at the end of next week. thanks for your reply.

rukmesh

Post by rukmesh » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:49 pm

I attended my ceremony on Monday and I had my passport in hand on Friday.. so 5th day.. :-) I hope you get soon too.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:59 pm

No need for a new topic with each questions. Topics merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:31 am

Taken 4 working days for my other half, ceremony on Tuesday and passport received the following Monday, so under a week.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided