ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tally80
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Post by tally80 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi Guys,

Update on my (SET O) ILR Application which is as under:

->>Received a Query letter from Home Office on 15 December, 2016. letter is as under:

"Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

To help me consider the matter, please send me the following documents. Please send ORIGINAL documents as photocopies are NOT accepted for the purpose of deciding your application.

Documents required:

As the Home Office is dedicated to protecting and safeguarding the interests of the children we therefore would ask that you now confirm the whereabouts of Miss......(your daughter) (DOB) and Master.....(Your son) (DOB), as we have not received application for indefinite leave to remain in line with your own application.

Our aim is to make a decision on your case promptly. To enable us to do this it is essential that you use the enclosed return label and ensure the information reaches us by 30 December 2016.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxxxxxxx

Sheffield

UK Visas and Immigration"

I responded by sending back a GP letter showing my both children and a school letter for my daughter to Home Office on Saturday (17 December 2016).

Now waiting for a positive outcome hopefully.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:26 pm

Hello everyone

Are postal applications currently taking 6 months for processing?

jpsl
Newly Registered

Post by jpsl » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:49 pm

Hi All,
Latest update on my application. I have received a letter to say that my case will take more than 6 months due to the complexity of the application - what every that means. So now god knows how long it will take to hear back from them as I know that there are people here who havent heard off them for ages after receiving this letter.

hayat2014

Post by hayat2014 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:34 pm

Hello

I have applied for ILR on Tier 2 General after completing 5 years with one dependent (my wife). I have a UK born baby girl but i have not applied for her ILR as after getting ILR i will register her as UK citizen. I have included my daughter's birth certification in the application.

My questions are:
1. Will I possibly get a similar letter? as in quote below?
2. To save time, should i send a change of circumstances form and inform UKVI about my daughter living with me and send documents, and inform that i will apply British citizenship for my daughter after i get ILR?

tally80 wrote:Hi Guys,

Update on my (SET O) ILR Application which is as under:

->>Received a Query letter from Home Office on 15 December, 2016. letter is as under:

"Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

To help me consider the matter, please send me the following documents. Please send ORIGINAL documents as photocopies are NOT accepted for the purpose of deciding your application.

Documents required:

As the Home Office is dedicated to protecting and safeguarding the interests of the children we therefore would ask that you now confirm the whereabouts of Miss......(your daughter) (DOB) and Master.....(Your son) (DOB), as we have not received application for indefinite leave to remain in line with your own application.

Our aim is to make a decision on your case promptly. To enable us to do this it is essential that you use the enclosed return label and ensure the information reaches us by 30 December 2016.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxxxxxxx

Sheffield

UK Visas and Immigration"

I responded by sending back a GP letter showing my both children and a school letter for my daughter to Home Office on Saturday (17 December 2016).

Now waiting for a positive outcome hopefully.

Lantenac06

Post by Lantenac06 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:00 pm

Hi JPSL,

I am sorry to hear of this, and hope you receive a fast reply.

Please could I ask if there was anything about your application that you feel might have prompted the delay? Have you made any tax amendments? Are you self-employed?

I am fearing I may be in the same category, as I applied in a similar timeframe to you and also have not had a response to my application yet. I had been assuming I would hear back within 6 months, as I have not yet received a letter like yours, and was under the impression such a letter would be sent out within 3 months of one's application being made. It does not make me very optimistic to hear that they would send you such a letter after the 6 month timeframe has already been passed; I am truly sorry, and again, hope they finalise your application soon.
jpsl wrote:Hi All,
Latest update on my application. I have received a letter to say that my case will take more than 6 months due to the complexity of the application - what every that means. So now god knows how long it will take to hear back from them as I know that there are people here who havent heard off them for ages after receiving this letter.

AndresCorrea
Newly Registered

Post by AndresCorrea » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:01 pm

Hi All,

Summary of my application (Tier 1 General):

Posted Date: 23/06/2016
Received Date: 27/06/2016
Biometric Letter issued: 09/08/2016
Biometric letter received: 11/08/2016
Biometrics submitted: 15/08/2016
ILR: waiting...

Today Monday 19th of December I received this email:

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

Any ideas what happens next?

Many thanks,

Andres

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:26 pm

AndresCorrea wrote:Hi All,

Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

Many thanks,

Andres
It is a standard letter. Many migrants applying for various visas or ILR routes get these letters. All you can do is wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AndresCorrea
Newly Registered

Post by AndresCorrea » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:02 pm

CR001 wrote:

Many thanks,

Andres
It is a standard letter. Many migrants applying for various visas or ILR routes get these letters. All you can do is wait.

Thanks and yes I suppose that's the only option now.

samkhan82
Newly Registered

Post by samkhan82 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:17 pm

Many thanks,

Andres

i got same letter 15th December 16 in 3.5 months time of postal application dated 30 Aug 16. I hope we all received positive result.

sanshah

Post by sanshah » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:02 am

samkhan82 wrote:

Many thanks,

Andres

i got same letter 15th December 16 in 3.5 months time of postal application dated 30 Aug 16. I hope we all received positive result.
I applied ILR Set O on 26 of January, received this same letter on 21 of July... still waiting

ahmed_110
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed_110 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:42 am

Hello Everyone ,

I posted my ILR application on 12/06/2016 on tier (1) General

i had amendments of 2010/11 but it got corrected by HMRC in a month after applying and all outstanding tax was paid.

I haven't heard anything back till now, i read few posts where applicants have received e mails/ letters but unfortunately, i haven't received any correspondence other than acceptance letter which stated that they will require 6 months to process my case.

Those 6 months have passed a week ago. is there any update on how long are they taking and if anyone could share their decision.

thanks in advance.

best regards,

jpsl
Newly Registered

Post by jpsl » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:33 am

No amendments. I'm a company director though. Previous applications have been made on fully employed basis. There should'nt any issue as far as I am aware. Should be straightforward as they have had required documents inc company docs and my personal tax docs.

The letter about the delay always comes through just before or just after the 6 month period has been reached from what I have seen on the forum. Let's hope they confirm what ever information they need to check confimed soon.
Lantenac06 wrote:Hi JPSL,

I am sorry to hear of this, and hope you receive a fast reply.

Please could I ask if there was anything about your application that you feel might have prompted the delay? Have you made any tax amendments? Are you self-employed?

I am fearing I may be in the same category, as I applied in a similar timeframe to you and also have not had a response to my application yet. I had been assuming I would hear back within 6 months, as I have not yet received a letter like yours, and was under the impression such a letter would be sent out within 3 months of one's application being made. It does not make me very optimistic to hear that they would send you such a letter after the 6 month timeframe has already been passed; I am truly sorry, and again, hope they finalise your application soon.
jpsl wrote:Hi All,

idonthaveone
Newly Registered

Post by idonthaveone » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:43 pm

sanshah wrote:
samkhan82 wrote:

I applied ILR Set O on 26 of January, received this same letter on 21 of July... still waiting
you applied on 26th of january and still waiting, is that right? thats nearly a year wait isn't it?

mickey007

Post by mickey007 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:15 pm

Hi All,

I received letter from HO on completion of my 6 months case processing time on 13 December 2016.
" we are waiting for a response from another government department or agency to verify some of the information or documents you have given us"

My time line is below:

Submitted case with HO on 17 June 2016, with only requested information.

2010-2011, 2013 tax amendments on 25 June 2016, all paid now.

Received standard email from HO every month of case progress, that it is still under consideration.

Applied twice for fast track in November to visit family but it was refused.

On 13 December received letter saying.

" we are waiting for a response from another government department or agency to verify some of the information or documents you have given us"

Has anyone else have received this letter ?

If yes how long did it took HO to make approval or refusal decision?

Can you please advise and share your experience?

What are the other possible options to fast track the case or atleast HO make decision as soon as possible ?

It does not look fair to me to be without passport for over 6 months. I wanted initially to do same day but it did not do it because i was waiting for HMRC to update my tax record and they wasted my 8 months on tax amendments(Solicitor advice not to do same day if tax is not up to date).

kind regards
mick

sanshah

Post by sanshah » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:23 am

samkhan82 wrote:

yes its nearly year now...

Many thanks,

Andres

devi2211

Post by devi2211 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:53 am

mickey007 wrote:Hi All,

I received letter from HO on completion of my 6 months case processing time on 13 December 2016.

My time line is below:

Submitted case with HO on 17 June 2016, with only requested information.

2010-2011, 2013 tax amendments on 25 June 2016, all paid now.

Received standard email from HO every month of case progress, that it is still under consideration.

Applied twice for fast track in November to visit family but it was refused.

On 13 December received letter saying.

Has anyone else have received this letter ?

If yes how long did it took HO to make approval or refusal decision?

Can you please advise and share your experience?

What are the other possible options to fast track the case or atleast HO make decision as soon as possible ?

It does not look fair to me to be without passport for over 6 months. I wanted initially to do same day but it did not do it because i was waiting for HMRC to update my tax record and they wasted my 8 months on tax amendments(Solicitor advice not to do same day if tax is not up to date).

kind regards
mick
Hi Mick,

I am following this board regularly and many people here received these type of letters before/after 6 months period and I am on of them.
I have applied end of April and received the same letter in end of September and still waiting.
As far as I know from this board, I haven't seen any update/result from users after receiving this letter.

I will keep post my updates.

Thanks

malik0921
Newly Registered

Post by malik0921 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:53 pm

I applied in june2016.biometric done 05august.
13 dec recieved a letter after six month for more wait because home office is waiting for reply from other govt deparments.
How long it can take more.
Thanks and good luck everyone

pinkesh
Newly Registered

Post by pinkesh » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:40 pm

HI ALL
I AM A SILENT READER JUST WANT TO SHARE MY TIMELINE
APPLIED ILR THROUGH DL ROUTE 6 YEARS
APPLIED 15/7/2016 SETO
BIO MATRIC DONE 22/08/16
RECEIVED ILR APPROVAL LETTER TODAY 22/12/16
I HOPE EVERY ONE WAITING RECEIVE GOOD NEWS JUST WAIT.
GOOD LUCK

PAT

poketoho
Newly Registered

Post by poketoho » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:00 pm

Thank you for the Update.. pinkesh
If i may ask, what type of DL(6 yr route) is yours??.. What was your application based on ??
Did you receive monthly email from UKVI "your application still under consideration"
I also applied DL (6 yr route) on July 25, received monthly normal "your application still under consideration"
And i'm still waiting for a decision!
Your response would be highly appreciated! THIS IS FOR PINKESH
God Bless!

pinkesh
Newly Registered

Post by pinkesh » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:11 am

YES I HAVE RECEIVED MY PASSPORTS WITH MY DOCUNMENTS AND BRP,MY APPLICATION WAS SEND ON 15 JULY SO HOPEFULLY U WILL RECEIVE A POSITIVE REPLY BY NEXT WEEK GOODLUCK

balu78
Newly Registered

Post by balu78 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:48 am

Dear All,

I am very happy to inform that I have received my ILR today and my timelines as follow...

SET (O) - T2 (G) 5 Years route 1 + 2 Dependents

Application sent: 30th June 2016
Application received: 01 July 2016
Letter for Bio received: 08 July
Bio done : 26th July
fee deducted: 2nd Aug
No mains received
ILR Approval and Documents received : 23rd Dec 2016
BRP: expected in 7 working days.

Long wait has come to end finally and my timelines are just below 6 months...
Thanks for all updates and all the best to those who are waiting.
Merry Christmas and happy new year

Regards,
Balu
balu78 wrote:Dear All,

I have been reading this forum regularly and it gives lot of information and updates, which gave me some peace. My ILR SET (O) postal application details....

SET (O) - T2 (G) 5 Years route 1 + 2 Dependents

Application sent: 30th June 2016
Application received: 01 July 2016
Letter for Bio received: 08 July
Bio done : 26th July
fee deducted: 2nd Aug
No mains received
Single full time employment (Cos)

My application is pretty straight no complications. Its been 5 months and i noticed someone received ILR on 24th Nov, applied on 16th June so i am hoping to receive in a week or 2 . I will keep you updated.
Please update anyone who applied in June and received ILR recently.

itratzahrahusain
Newly Registered

Post by itratzahrahusain » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:44 am

I applied for my ILR on 23rd June, 2016.

Biometrics done in beginning of August, 2016.

After 6 months exactly !

Received the following letter today on 23.12.2016 (dated 21.12.2016) stating:

"Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

UK Visas and Immigration."

Alikhn
Newly Registered

Post by Alikhn » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:44 pm

itratzahrahusain wrote:I applied for my ILR on 23rd June, 2016.

Biometrics done in beginning of August, 2016.

After 6 months exactly !

Received the following letter today on 23.12.2016 (dated 21.12.2016) stating:

"Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

UK Visas and Immigration."

Hi,
This is simply to tell you that we are lazy and can not do our work on time :) I am in the same situation waiting for last 7 months.....I had received almost the same on 14 November saying " we are waiting for the reply from one of the Govt agency"
Today called UKVA and reply was " case is still under process " .
Stress Stress Stress!!!!!!!! :shock:

poketoho
Newly Registered

Post by poketoho » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:51 pm

Dear Members,
To God be the Glory!!! ..i received my BRP today!.. waiting for my docs..the wait is finally over!!
ILR(SET O) DL 3yrs x2
Application by post : 25 July 2016
Receieved by HO 26 July 2016
Biometric received 16 August
Biometric done 16 August
Monthly Email from UKVI "Your application still under consideration" Aug..Sept..Oct..Nov..Dec..
BRP received Today 23 December 2016
Documents to come in few days!
Thanks to you all and to Immigrationboard.com!!
Best of luck to all of you still waiting!

KumarNY
Newly Registered

Post by KumarNY » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:25 pm

After waiting 6 Months I got ILR today.
Thank you very much for you all who helped me from the group.
Time Line :
Applied : 25 June 2016
Application Received : 27 June 2016
Money Taken : 30 June 2016
Bio Metric Letter received: 19 July 2016
Bio metrics Given : 19 July 2016
No Monthly emails or Letters
Documents received : 22 Dec 2016
BRP received : 23 Dec 2016
Document submitted as per requirement only.
Filled Application form
2 passports (Old and New)
Tier 1 BRP card
2 photographs
LIUK certificate
MSc certificate
Cover letter
12 Months Payslips
P60
12 Months Bank Statements
Employer Letter
I hope every one get the ILR who are waiting for the result. I know the pain in waiting time. Some people waiting for more than 6 months but just wait for some more time, you will get the positive result.
Thank you...and Good Luck