ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Angie77

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by Angie77 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:19 pm

I am watching The Crown on netflix and it has shifted my focus away a bit from counting down the days. I have just applied for naturalization and I am already a patriot. Love UK history. Winston Churchill was really someone to look up to.

Melak

Post by Melak » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:42 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words! I can't believe I am writing this but my wait is OVER!!!! I just received my approval letter today and I am absolutely beside myself with excitement!!
I can't believe it's all over! Thanks so much to you all for the moral support. This forum kept me going even when I felt like I couldn't handle the nervous wait. Thank God it's not been a long wait!!
Application Received: 25/10/2016
Money left account: 31/10/2016
Aknowlegement Email: 1/11/2016
Biometrics Letter: 3/11/2016
Biometrics Done: 5/11/2016
APPROVAL: 30/12/2016 (Dated 23/12/2016)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:33 pm

Melak wrote:Thanks everyone for your kind words! I can't believe I am writing this but my wait is OVER!!!! I just received my approval letter today and I am absolutely beside myself with excitement!!
I can't believe it's all over! Thanks so much to you all for the moral support. This forum kept me going even when I felt like I couldn't handle the nervous wait. Thank God it's not been a long wait!!
Application Received: 25/10/2016
Money left account: 31/10/2016
Aknowlegement Email: 1/11/2016
Biometrics Letter: 3/11/2016
Biometrics Done: 5/11/2016
APPROVAL: 30/12/2016 (Dated 23/12/2016)
Congratulations.
Dalai Lama was right.
No need to stress or agonise; the system works, its in the system and what will be will be.

And after only 2 months - a walk in the park.

Rule Brittania!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

MrsT
Mood:

Post by MrsT » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:46 pm

That's wonderful news, Melak! Congrats! :D
UK residence: 2006 - PR: 2011 - PRC: 2016 - Approval: 2016 - Ceremony: 2017 - UK Spouse

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:37 am

Morning All,
I have applied for naturalization along side my 2 Pakistani born daughters on MN1. My payment was refused due to debit card been stolen. My daughters paid through their dad's card which went through successfully. Now I have received acknowledgement letter along side new payment slip for me and all Biomatric invitation includiong mine on 22nd of December.
I submitted payment my Payment slip in special delivery same day and was successfully delivered on 23rd Friday and we gave our biomatric on Saturday 24th Dec.
Money is yet to be taken off. I know it is holiday period but should I be worried or does it take long?

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:42 pm

imi99999 wrote:Morning All,
I have applied for naturalization along side my 2 Pakistani born daughters on MN1. My payment was refused due to debit card been stolen. My daughters paid through their dad's card which went through successfully. Now I have received acknowledgement letter along side new payment slip for me and all Biomatric invitation includiong mine on 22nd of December.
I submitted payment my Payment slip in special delivery same day and was successfully delivered on 23rd Friday and we gave our biomatric on Saturday 24th Dec.
Money is yet to be taken off. I know it is holiday period but should I be worried or does it take long?

I have applied for naturalization on 22th December and money has not gone off my account yet. I believe because of Christmas and new year things are a bit sluggish than usual.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:04 pm

Hi all,

My husband applied for his British Naturalisation 20th October 2015. We used our local NCS. However we have not received an outcome yet. Biometrics were enrolled as per requested but why are they taking so long? They haven't asked for any additional information or requested any sort of documents so I wonder what is delaying our application. Anyone in a similiar situation? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Anyone else still waiting from October 2015?

Eligibility criteria: 3 years (Spouse) + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: ESOL B1 & LITUK
Nationality: PAKISTANI
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 20/10/2015
Payment method:
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21/10/2015
Date of acknowledgement :
Date money gone off account:
Date of letter requesting biometrics:
Biometrics done: 11/2015
Date of approval : WAITING
Date of ceremony : WAITING
Date applied for passports :WAITING
Date passports received : WAITING
Allah is the greatest!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:29 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:Hi all,

My husband applied for his British Naturalisation 20th October 2015. We used our local NCS. However we have not received an outcome yet. Biometrics were enrolled as per requested but why are they taking so long? They haven't asked for any additional information or requested any sort of documents so I wonder what is delaying our application. Anyone in a similiar situation? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Anyone else still waiting from October 2015?

Eligibility criteria: 3 years (Spouse) + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: ESOL B1 & LITUK
Nationality: PAKISTANI
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 20/10/2015
Payment method:
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21/10/2015
Date of acknowledgement :
Date money gone off account:
Date of letter requesting biometrics:
Biometrics done: 11/2015
Date of approval : WAITING
Date of ceremony : WAITING
Date applied for passports :WAITING
Date passports received : WAITING
No need to post multiple duplicate posts. This is a general discussion topic not a timeline question topic.

It will take as long as it takes. Some people have been waiting since mid 2014 and mid 2015. It also has been the holiday season.

Have you moved or changed addresses or anything since he applied? Has HO taken the fee at all?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:38 am

Sorry for the duplicate posts. I was hoping someone would have knowledge or provide some guidance. Yes, the fees were taken out of our account soon after the application submission. There has been no change of address, everything has remained the same throughout.

Thanks
Allah is the greatest!

malik15

Post by malik15 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:26 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:Sorry for the duplicate posts. I was hoping someone would have knowledge or provide some guidance. Yes, the fees were taken out of our account soon after the application submission. There has been no change of address, everything has remained the same throughout.

Thanks
I'm waiting since August 2015. I've tried to contact home office so many times for an update but I get same reply - checks are not complete. I don't think there is anything we can do but wait :cry:

jin8ale23
Newly Registered

Post by jin8ale23 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:18 pm

Hi guys,
I am filling the naturalisation form and I am bit stuck in section 1.22 (knowledge of language/life in the UK). I have graduated from the University of Portsmouth(UK) and I want to know which option to tick because I was confused with "deemed by UK NARIC". The options are:

I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised
standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and: [ ]

i. UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or [ ]

ii. the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country
(other than Canada); [ ]

I would really appreciate it if someone would reply to my post asap.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:22 pm

jin8ale23 wrote:Hi guys,
I am filling the naturalisation form and I am bit stuck in section 1.22 (knowledge of language/life in the UK). I have graduated from the University of Portsmouth(UK) and I want to know which option to tick because I was confused with "deemed by UK NARIC". The options are:

I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised
standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and: [ ]

i. UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or [ ]

ii. the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country
(other than Canada); [ ]

Thank you.
The one highlighted as you have a UK degree. Did you use the degree when you applied for ILR??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jin8ale23
Newly Registered

Post by jin8ale23 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
jin8ale23 wrote:Hi guys,

(other than Canada); [ ]

Thank you.
The one highlighted as you have a UK degree. Did you use the degree when you applied for ILR??
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. So, that means I only have to tick the third option? I don't have to tick the 'I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised
standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and: [ ]' option?

No, I didn't use my degree for ILR. I was only 11 years old when I got the ILR as my father applied for it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:15 pm

jin8ale23 wrote:Thank you so much for your prompt reply. So, that means I only have to tick the third option? I don't have to tick the 'I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised
standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and: [ ]' option?

No, I didn't use my degree for ILR. I was only 11 years old when I got the ILR as my father applied for it.
You do not require UK NARIC for a UK degree so yes, you only have to tick the 3rd option as your degree was taught in English in England.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jin8ale23
Newly Registered

Post by jin8ale23 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:22 pm

CR001 wrote:You do not require UK NARIC for a UK degree so yes, you only have to tick the 3rd option as your degree was taught in English in England.
Thank you so so much for your help! I really appreciate it.
Happy new year :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:25 pm

jin8ale23 wrote:
CR001 wrote:You do not require UK NARIC for a UK degree so yes, you only have to tick the 3rd option as your degree was taught in English in England.
Thank you so so much for your help! I really appreciate it.
Happy new year :D
You're welcome. Pop any other questions you have in the forum and we will help as best we can.

Happy New Year to you too
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jin8ale23
Newly Registered

Post by jin8ale23 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:47 pm

CR001 wrote:You're welcome. Pop any other questions you have in the forum and we will help as best we can.
I got one last question. This is regarding biometric enrolment. I already have BRP so do I have to register biometric information again? Do I need to answer 6.16 and 6.17?

6.16- Do you have medical or physical condition which may require special arrangements for your biometric features to be recorded? Yes or No

6.17- Declaration: As required by Britsh Nationality (General)(Amendment)(2) Regulations 2014, I confirm that I wish to register my biometric information. Singature needed.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:55 pm

jin8ale23 wrote:
CR001 wrote:You're welcome. Pop any other questions you have in the forum and we will help as best we can.
I got one last question. This is regarding biometric enrolment. I already have BRP so do I have to register biometric information again? Do I need to answer 6.16 and 6.17? Yes, you have to complete all relevant sections of the form. Biometric enrollment is mandatory for citizenship so you will have to enroll them again at the Post Office.

6.16- Do you have medical or physical condition which may require special arrangements for your biometric features to be recorded? Yes or No Assuming you have no medical condition, you answer NO.

6.17- Declaration: As required by Britsh Nationality (General)(Amendment)(2) Regulations 2014, I confirm that I wish to register my biometric information. Singature needed. Sign and date as required.
Are you applying by post on your own or are you applying through NCS so that you can hold onto your passport and original documents and have a last sanity check by NCS staff before submitting?

Also, the most fundamental requirement you MUST meet is being physically present in the UK at the start of the qualifying period (5 years if not married to a BC and 3 years if you are married to a BC). This includes even being out of the UK on business or holiday.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jin8ale23
Newly Registered

Post by jin8ale23 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
jin8ale23 wrote:
I got one last question. This is regarding biometric enrolment. I already have BRP so do I have to register biometric information again? Do I need to answer 6.16 and 6.17? Yes, you have to complete all relevant sections of the form. Biometric enrollment is mandatory for citizenship so you will have to enroll them again at the Post Office.

6.16- Do you have medical or physical condition which may require special arrangements for your biometric features to be recorded? Yes or No Assuming you have no medical condition, you answer NO.

6.17- Declaration: As required by Britsh Nationality (General)(Amendment)(2) Regulations 2014, I confirm that I wish to register my biometric information. Singature needed. Sign and date as required.
Are you applying by post on your own or are you applying through NCS so that you can hold onto your passport and original documents and have a last sanity check by NCS staff before submitting?

Also, the most fundamental requirement you MUST meet is being physically present in the UK at the start of the qualifying period (5 years if not married to a BC and 3 years if you are married to a BC). This includes even being out of the UK on business or holiday.
I am applying by post on my own. I had already done that section and had done it just like you said. Just needed confirmation :)

I think I am ready to post my application tomorrow!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:10 pm

jin8ale23 wrote:I am applying by post on my own. I had already done that section and had done it just like you said. Just needed confirmation :)

I think I am ready to post my application tomorrow!
It is your choice how you apply but I would strongly suggest you apply using NCS. Not only do they check your application form and supporting documents, but they copy them as well and return all your originals to you so that you are free to travel if you wish to etc. Using NCS, you can also apply for citizenship and passport at the same time using the JCAP scheme. Which means you get your British passport within a week or two once you have attended your ceremony.

It can sometime take many months to get approval and you will not have your passport or BRP until you receive approval. Some members have been waiting since mid 2015 for the outcome of their application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jin8ale23
Newly Registered

Post by jin8ale23 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:37 pm

CR001 wrote: It is your choice how you apply but I would strongly suggest you apply using NCS. Not only do they check your application form and supporting documents, but they copy them as well and return all your originals to you so that you are free to travel if you wish to etc. Using NCS, you can also apply for citizenship and passport at the same time using the JCAP scheme. Which means you get your British passport within a week or two once you have attended your ceremony.

It can sometime take many months to get approval and you will not have your passport or BRP until you receive approval. Some members have been waiting since mid 2015 for the outcome of their application.
Oh, I didn't know about the JCAP scheme. I will have to do some research on it.
Thank you for the information!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:49 pm

jin8ale23 wrote:
CR001 wrote: It is your choice how you apply but I would strongly suggest you apply using NCS. Not only do they check your application form and supporting documents, but they copy them as well and return all your originals to you so that you are free to travel if you wish to etc. Using NCS, you can also apply for citizenship and passport at the same time using the JCAP scheme. Which means you get your British passport within a week or two once you have attended your ceremony.

Oh, I didn't know about the JCAP scheme. I will have to do some research on it.
Thank you for the information!
You can only use JCAP if you apply through NCS at the council. NCS charge a small fee but really worth it. See the links below for some info from other members.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 19917.html

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... P#p1435940
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MMM-MMM

Post by MMM-MMM » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:38 pm

Applied in 2nd October 2015 and we are in 2017 now and still no decision yet- on a very straight forward case in my view. Every time I contact Home Office I get exactly the same reply checks are not complete yet - I got a letter last June 2016 saying it will take a further 3-6 months, well it is well over the further 3-6 months and still no news or any communications at all!

I had enough and feeling sick , I would rather if they just make a decision by yes or no!! a lot of people got decisions within 2-3 months and I am on 15 months and no idea what's happening with my application - especially when they charge you £1005 fee and you can't even get any updates from the home office.

Melak

Post by Melak » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:22 am

MMM MMM,

The delay is certainly to do with the good character requirement. If you have already contacted your MP, go and collect as much supporting evidence of your good xcter as you can find.
Get support/ xcter reference letters from employers, friends, family, teachers/lecturers even religious leaders if you are religious. Get evidence of any community projects you have been involved in over the years and send it to the HO. Make copies of this evidence and send it to the MP too.
If you are able to get a disclosure certificate please get it asap and send it too.

sunshine16

Post by sunshine16 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:08 pm

Is anyone applied for Naturalisation in August 2016 and still waiting for the decision?
Thanks