ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shanu111

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Post by Shanu111 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:24 am

Hi anyone get the visa after new year?

sarahkhan175
Newly Registered

Post by sarahkhan175 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:39 pm

Many people are waiting !!!

gauravarora7
Newly Registered

Post by gauravarora7 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:35 pm

10 months today since I applied for ILR. Still waiting!

idonthaveone
Newly Registered

Post by idonthaveone » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:42 pm

Applied 01/07/2016, coming upto the end of 7 months almost. still no news about the ILR.

Alikhn
Newly Registered

Post by Alikhn » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:16 am

Hi All,
Sugestions please!!!

Waiting for ILR on Tier 1 G for last 8 months .....Now eligile for ILR on the basis of LR as I have completed my 10 years....Have amendment for 2010 -2011 fully paid in 2016.ILR on employment only....

Should I vary the application from TIER 1 G to LR ?

Saqib2010
Newly Registered

Post by Saqib2010 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:41 pm

Application based on Tier-2 work permit, applied with 1 dependent.

Documents sent: 6th August 2016 (Saturday)
Payment taken: 10th Aug, 2016 (Card details sent)
Biometric request letter date: 15th Aug, 2016
Biometric submitted: 17th Aug, 2016 (letter received same day)
ILR approval: 12th Jan, 2017 (decision letter and documents received next day)
Permits received: 24th Jan, 2017.

Total time: ~5.5 months

Goodluck everyone,
Saqib

idonthaveone
Newly Registered

Post by idonthaveone » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:54 pm

Alikhn wrote:Hi All,
Sugestions please!!!

Waiting for ILR on Tier 1 G for last 8 months .....Now eligible for ILR on the basis of LR as I have completed my 10 years....Have amendment for 2010 -2011 fully paid in 2016.ILR on employment only....

I am in the same situation waiting for ILR almost 7 months, applied for ILR in july 2016 on Tier 1 and got eligible for Long residence based ILR last week of september. I once thought about withdrawing my application from ILR tier 1 based and reapply on 10 years but then i thought what is the point. I think this would make the situation even worse, because you will be bound to wait another 6 months for the outcome of your fresh application. And even people with tax amendments who applied on Long residence 10 years route are also waiting over 6 months for the outcome of their application for ILR. i personally know some people who have applied for ILR on long residence route and have been waiting for more than 6 months.

luckykhan1981
Newly Registered

Post by luckykhan1981 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:18 am

idonthaveone wrote:
Alikhn wrote:Hi All,
Sugestions please!!!

Waiting for ILR on Tier 1 G for last 8 months .....Now eligible for ILR on the basis of LR as I have completed my 10 years....Have amendment for 2010 -2011 fully paid in 2016.ILR on employment only....

I am in the same situation waiting for ILR almost 7 months, applied for ILR in july 2016 on Tier 1 and got eligible for Long residence based ILR last week of september. I once thought about withdrawing my application from ILR tier 1 based and reapply on 10 years but then i thought what is the point. I think this would make the situation even worse, because you will be bound to wait another 6 months for the outcome of your fresh application. And even people with tax amendments who applied on Long residence 10 years route are also waiting over 6 months for the outcome of their application for ILR. i personally know some people who have applied for ILR on long residence route and have been waiting for more than 6 months.

Same suitation here as well,been waiting for almost 7 months,and completed 10 years in November 2016 but I know few people they drew there cases and went for LR on window but they put them on wait as well so it will be better if you stay stick to ur application..

sarahkhan175
Newly Registered

Post by sarahkhan175 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:46 am

For MOA
The best lawyer is xxx, xx xxx and xxx.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:48 am

sarahkhan175 wrote:For MOA
The best lawyer is xxx, xx xxx and xxx.
Kindly familiarise your self with the forum T&Cs, as you were required to do upon registering as a member.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nachoares
Newly Registered

Post by Nachoares » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:30 pm

New user here...starting to get upset. My details below:

-2/Sep/2016 IRL app sent via post (Tier2) no dependents
-7/Sep/2016 Money taken
-17/Sep/2016 Biometric enrollment letter received
-19/Sep/2016 biometric data sent
... all quiet since then:
-16-Jan/2017 Applied to upgrade to Premium (+£400) via email
-16/Jan/2017 App rejected due to "system being temporarily unavailable"

This long wait is starting to seriously affect my job (postgrad researcher) family and relationships. I'm not able to travel to conferences, attend to research sandpits, and make plans to see my family.

Due to this incredible UK-BA inefficiency and absolutely unacceptable treatment of what they call "skilled workers" I've decided to leave the country regardless the outcome of my ILR. I'm sending out worldwide job applications and will withdraw my passport as soon as I get an offer.
Now my time in the UK seems wasted... No country "retains" you against your will for no reason!!

Alikhn
Newly Registered

Post by Alikhn » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:37 am

Nachoares wrote:New user here...starting to get upset. My details below:

-2/Sep/2016 IRL app sent via post (Tier2) no dependents
-7/Sep/2016 Money taken
-17/Sep/2016 Biometric enrollment letter received
-19/Sep/2016 biometric data sent
... all quiet since then:
-16-Jan/2017 Applied to upgrade to Premium (+£400) via email
-16/Jan/2017 App rejected due to "system being temporarily unavailable"

This long wait is starting to seriously affect my job (postgrad researcher) family and relationships. I'm not able to travel to conferences, attend to research sandpits, and make plans to see my family.

Due to this incredible UK-BA inefficiency and absolutely unacceptable treatment of what they call "skilled workers" I've decided to leave the country regardless the outcome of my ILR. I'm sending out worldwide job applications and will withdraw my passport as soon as I get an offer.
Now my time in the UK seems wasted... No country "retains" you against your will for no reason!!
Hi,,,

People are here waiting since Jan 2016 so as compare to them your stress is nothing...So relax a bit and wair for the good ending...Starting again in new country is never to easy..and your case is simple therefore your result will be 100% Success...Chill

denizozger
Newly Registered

Post by denizozger » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:50 pm

Feb 2016 Application submitted by post

After 6 months limit, my legal representatives sent a follow-up letter, no response.

October 2016 I applied for premium service, it was rejected without any given reason.

In November 2016 I had my company call Home Office and enquire on my behalf, they said I needed to go abroad for business, 2 hours later I was invited for an interview, I attended the interview 2 weeks later.

Early January I filed an official complaint.
Early January I asked my local MP enquire on my behalf, which she did.

I received ILR mid January 2017.

After 6 months I strongly suggest to file an official complaint and have your MP enquire.

Good luck

mohit_jain1985
Newly Registered

Post by mohit_jain1985 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:53 pm

denizozger wrote:Feb 2016 Application submitted by post

After 6 months limit, my legal representatives sent a follow-up letter, no response.

October 2016 I applied for premium service, it was rejected without any given reason.

In November 2016 I had my company call Home Office and enquire on my behalf, they said I needed to go abroad for business, 2 hours later I was invited for an interview, I attended the interview 2 weeks later.

After 6 months I strongly suggest to file an official complaint and have your MP enquire.

Good luck
Congratulations mate. :)
If you don't mind , can you please briefly explain your case? Did you have any tax amendments?
thanks

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:03 am

Hi
Any good news?..

ShaDP
Newly Registered

Post by ShaDP » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:30 am

Good luck
Hi

Could you please give further details on the official complaint procedure, like to whom you made this complaint to. Applied in early Feb 2016 still waiting:(

Thanks

Shanu111

Post by Shanu111 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Hi all
Still waiting for outcome.9months gone.very stressful. No tax amendments.

shanybaba1974
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shanybaba1974 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:53 pm

Good luck

Thnx for the update buddy & congrats for successful application, pl guide how to file an official complaint, to whom shall I file, ful procedure pl. Applied April 2016 under Tier 1 Entrepreneur, still
waiting!

sniperV
Newly Registered

Post by sniperV » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:50 am

hi,

it really waiting such a long time even pass the standard 6 months time frame. Did you receive any letter from HO explain anything about your application ? any interview ?

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:07 am

Good luck

Dear Forum Members,

Like many of you , i have been waiting for more than 6 months for a decision on my Tier 1 general- ILR application with the HO. Today I have sent a letter to HO through my legal representative and also have emailed my local MP to get a reply from HO asap,as HO has clearly not met their service standards to reach a decision on my application within 6 months. I have come to a conclusion that this indefinite wait does not serve any purpose apart from putting unwanted pressure on me and my family who have paid the most exaggerated ILR application fee for a substandard service.

I got my inspiration from the below thread and the above quoted reference .As any result on my application is better than this killing waiting game. At the very least i will know what is the issue with my application and what i have to do.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 09564.html

I have made the following points on both my letter to HO and MP.

1. A delay in making a decision is affecting my private and professional life, both in terms of my travel plans to see my family and job prospects.

2. How can any future guarantee given by HO can be trusted when they themselves have not met their service standard levels and have not responded to me in the last 6 months and also cannot give a time period on when my application will be processed.

3. I have also emailed my MP mentioning that the HO is using a delaying tactic only in the case of Tier 1 general applicants applying for ILR, while other applications are being considered on time. There seems to be a clear discrimination against us.

4. I have also mailed both my MP and HO mentioning that if don't hear from them soon , i will raise this issue both with Ombudsman and also email press houses with all the evidences i have.

I sincerely feel everyone on a indefinite wait for a decision should take up their case with the HO and their MP.

Please find the links for service standards set by HO themselves below along with the complaints procedure and ombudsman page where a complaint can be raised if HO and your MP do not help your cause.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... r-services.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

https://www.ombudsman.org.uk/

Good luck everyone.Please feel free to ask any questions you have and unlike HO i will try answering them.

Raj

sarahkhan175
Newly Registered

Post by sarahkhan175 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:53 pm

we are all on the same board, we just need to sit back and wait for the approval letter.

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:31 pm

sarahkhan175 wrote:we are all on the same board, we just need to sit back and wait for the approval letter.
Hi Sarahkhan,

I understand others have been waiting too for their ILR.

My post was to share my experience with others who i see are looking for ways to raise a complaint with the HO on their unacceptable service standards and cannot wait indefinitely for a decision to be reached especially when this affects their career and family life.

I also don't think the waiting will get you the result you hope for .Besides i cannot wait till a emergency surfaces and then to looks for ways to get my application processed then.

Good luck with your wait

Regards

Raj

alibahi
Newly Registered

Post by alibahi » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:58 am

Hi all members
I applied in April 16 and had bio in May 20th after that long wait till the 20th Dec when I asked my solicitor to write latter and enquire about the status of my application after one month 26 Jan received latter about interview and after 5 days received email from interview hub team that you are invited for interview on 8th Feb ( today) so today I am going for interview .
I had amendments and paid before my application.
Hope everything goes well

Alikhn
Newly Registered

Post by Alikhn » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:22 am

Hello All,

I have a little update for guys who have applied ILR via Tier 1 G ....If you have amendments and even you have fully paid it, still you will be called for interview...According to case worker, HMRC is taking around 4 months to send them details of your tax.
If you are thinking to Vary your application from Tier 1 G to LR, don't bother as they will still ask you about amendments.

I know it from my personal experience...

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:31 am

alibahi wrote:Hi all members
I applied in April 16 and had bio in May 20th after that long wait till the 20th Dec when I asked my solicitor to write latter and enquire about the status of my application after one month 26 Jan received latter about interview and after 5 days received email from interview hub team that you are invited for interview on 8th Feb ( today) so today I am going for interview .
I had amendments and paid before my application.
Hope everything goes well
HI Alibhahi,

Thanks for sharing your experience with other forum members. I am in a similar situation. Do you minnd answering my questions.

1. Have you shown self employment income as part of your ILR application.
2. Also can you post the nature of the questions from today's interview.

Good luck with the interview and your ILR

Many thanks in advance