ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Question / clarification

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Citizenship Question / clarification

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:22 am

Dear All,

I need some help here. My wife applied for her Irish citizenship in January 2017 based on spouse of Irish citizen. Last week I sent an email to the citizenship division to find the status of her application and I received the below reply:

"Your application continues to be processed. While it is not possible to give an exact time frame, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been reached".

What does it actually mean ? Is the application still on initial stage / Second stage etc etc..... ?

If someone could please clarify.....

Syjem

Re: Citizenship Question / clarification

Post by Syjem » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:44 am

@CalvinKlien , Have you received a second stage letter. if not and from the response you got, it looks as it still in initial stage. I've contacted the citizenship division after obtaining the second letter and I got the following respond
Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:59 pm

To CalvinKlien

"Your application continues to be processed. While it is not possible to give an exact time frame, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been reached".

this kind of email they can send it any time. Technically any application on a process..usually its not a proper updates.. how ever if u see your wife time line id say she is married to Irish citizen it should be quicker..
Now she applied on jan 17th so its too early for her to get second stage letter by now. Hopefully after this ceremony she should receive her second letter id say by may sometime..that's my prediction anyways..
I strongly believe she should get approval for the following ceremony..
hope it helps and good luck

satireland
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by satireland » Fri May 18, 2018 10:59 am

Hi Calvinklien,

I sent email to them and they send me the same email to me as well.do you have any more update?

ghsherazi
India

Post by ghsherazi » Sat May 19, 2018 9:29 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:22 am
Dear All,

I need some help here. My wife applied for her Irish citizenship in January 2017 based on spouse of Irish citizen. Last week I sent an email to the citizenship division to find the status of her application and I received the below reply:

What does it actually mean ? Is the application still on initial stage / Second stage etc etc..... ?

If someone could please clarify.....
Hi ! CalvinKlien
could you please tell me did your wife get Approval for Citizenship ?
i also applied in last month as a spouse of Irish National normally how long it will take for approval
Thanks

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:05 am

Hey guys

Sorry to jump on your thread, didn't see the point of making a new one.

I have a question regarding documents being sent to the naturalization department.

I have a marriage certificate in Thai and i also have a official translation of the marriage certificate that was translated officially in Thailand.

If i was to include this official translation with application, does the department returned original documents? Or would it be easier to just to get it translated again?
I dont want to get the certificate translated again here in Ireland if i don't have to and also to save money.

Any advice would be great.

Grendels
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Grendels » Tue May 22, 2018 2:50 pm

ghsherazi wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 9:29 pm
i also applied in last month as a spouse of Irish National normally how long it will take for approval
Thanks
It varies a lot, anywhere from 6 months to over a year. Mine (as spouse of Irish national) was 13 months. Check out the timeline threads for 2017 and 2018 for more info on approval times.

Grendels
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Grendels » Tue May 22, 2018 2:54 pm

water_tank1 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:05 am
If i was to include this official translation with application, does the department returned original documents?
All original documents are returned when they send the first letter, acknowledging receipt of your application. That might be a few days or a few weeks. When I submitted my application, I scanned my original certificates in case I needed to refer to them in the meantime.